Help for my deck

VicSaw
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by VicSaw » 11 months ago

Hello everyone! First time posting here.
So I need some help for the construction of my deck. I'm currently trying to create my first goblin deck. My problem is that I'm literally stuck because I don't know what to cut out of the deck since everything seems so viable lol. Also I don't know how many lands I should keep in it. I will leave the link here https://www.moxfield.com/decks/34ggWdQ100yzrRP1S9B87Q
I really appreciate all kinds of help!

Tags:

Dunharrow
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dunharrow » 11 months ago

Are there specific artifacts you are worried about? A proactive combo deck doesn't really need a a Goblin Trashmaster imo.
The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme

Moonlighter
Lunatic

Post by Moonlighter » 11 months ago

Welcome to the forums, @VicSaw! People usually post their decklists in the subforum that's dedicated to them. There's even a thread specifically for asking for help with your deck. That said, what kind of game are you looking to play? If you look at the lists that are out there for various decks (in the aforementioned subforum) you'll see lists of cards, sure, but you'll also see the type of game people are trying to play - fast, midrange, etc. Some people even frame it in terms of the kind of meta they're building the deck for. @DirkGently's signature is a functionally an archive of this in so many ways, especially the most recent ones, as he's been tuning his decks down to match his meta.

So yeah. What kind of Krenko, Mob Boss are you wanting to play?
Playing EDH: Alesha Who Smiles at Death; Baba Lysaga, Night Witch; Emiel the Blessed; Breena, the Demagogue; Xenagos, God of Revels; Seton, Krosan Protector; Phelddagrif.

VicSaw

Dunharrow wrote:
11 months ago
Are there specific artifacts you are worried about? A proactive combo deck doesn't really need a a Goblin Trashmaster imo.
Yeah I was thinking about moving Trashmaster to the sideboard, sometimes I play against a friend that runs Mishra :/

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 11 months ago

My recollection with Krenko is that because of his power level left unchecked, ramping him out early without protection is not great. So you want a bunch of protection or haste for him before he drops. And you really are mostly concerned with goblin count. So playing lots of expensive goblins is kinda antithetical to his strategy.

I'd severely shave that curve, and try to get some more haste enablers (you've got a few, but I think there are some better ones ). I think Krenko is a Crashing Drawbridge dck, and definitely a Lightning Greaves > Swiftfoot Boots deck. Swiftfoot Boots makes Krenko cost a virtual 5, so that's a :thumbs down:.

This is probably an Imperial Recruiter deck even if it's not a goblin. If you can handle it budget wise, it's a Dockside Extortionist and Phyrexian Altar deck for sure.

The biggest thing Krenko suffers from is board wipes. I'm not sure what kinda board wipe insurance mono red wants that works. Cauldron of Souls is something I've liked but it's a nonbo with a lot of goblins.

The best Krenko decks I ever saw did not cast Krenko until they could activate him with haste and win.

Oh...Thousand-Year Elixir is great in Krenko.

Good luck out there :)

VicSaw

Thank you so much for the tips!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”