Big Red Tokens

Skello496
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Skello496 » 4 years ago

Hey guys! I'm in the process of converting my Rhys the aredeemed deck into a Ghired deck, and I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for big red token makers!
I'm already running Descent of the Dragons and Helion Erruption to turn 1/1s into 4/4s, but what can you all come up with for big red token makers?
EDH:
Krenko, Goblin Stampeder
Nylea, God of Hydra Counters G
Mahadi, Emporium Master rb
Feather, Catrips Redeemed wr
Ghired, The Tokened gwr
Hakbal, Merfolk Massacre UG
Ten and Clara, Suspended uwr

Candlemane
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Candlemane » 4 years ago

There's also that card from Conspiracy: Take the Crown that makes the 8/8, Subterranean Tremors. You have to be careful, though. Also, Twinflame, Heat Shimmer, and Splinter Twin can help produce some.

The biggest creature tokens you're going to get naturally in Red are dragons I think. Things like Feldon of the Third Path and like mentioned above are a better way to just get big tokens via copying something else.
Paper EDH

Tameshi, Reality Architect
Sapling of Colfenor
Feather the Redeemed
Lynde, Cheerful Tormentor
Thalia and Gitrog
Xryis, the Writhing Storm

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 4 years ago

https://scryfall.com/search?q=c%3Ar+o%3 ... eased&dir=

The cards from the C19 set seem like decent choices.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Sorry, missed the thread - haven't been checking on the commander part enough as preview season.

Ghired's a fun deck, but his game plan is quite different from Rhys's - you get a single populate as you attack, so it's less about turbo wide and more about having high impact bodies to copy. When you combine that with the fact that Ghired makes a 4/4 tramply rhino upon entering the field, a lot of conventional token making is disqualified. Like lyonhaert mentioned, red brings a bunch of temporary copy effects, so you can treat the rhinos as your bread and butter and if the opportunity presents itself to clone something amazing, you go for it. There's some pretty juicy quadratic or exponential scaling options that go ballistic with extra copies.

This feels like an appropriate moment to mention my take on the guy. Feel free to stop by, the list is still in its formative stages and I could use some feedback :P

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”