CommanderMaster999 wrote:
4 years ago
storm
I think that's snow.

Angel+Snow+Graveyard+Dizzy+Explosion+Rainbow/(five color)+Infatuation=Party
Good catch so snow permanents perhaps
And I caught something myself

It's not a angel

It's a fairy if you at the reddit version and we mentioned on the one with the legs resembles legs from a Lorwyn fairy

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Oh I somewhat solved the emojis

Each emoji involves each twitch post/video/glitch part

Here I will show ya

Fairy - (legs in glitch part resembles legs from a fairy from lorwyn)
Cloud/snow - (the cards in the ice and freezer and a blanket with snow flakes and the glitch part maybe snow mountains)
Grave - (Digging a box out of the ground which graves are
Dizzy - (I don't really know probably the posters with the face)
Explosion - (the explosion added to that photo with the weird silhouette thing and I've ben thinking about this it might present wrath effects)
Rainbow - (the text talks about colors and command zone and the glitch part is rainbow like even though nothing can be identified there)
Cat with heart eyes - (literally a cat in the picture and the hearts could be the love for the butterfly in the glitch part)

See just simply a recap of each video

CommanderMaster999

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11/25 ... h-wild-art

That's it's

Just theme packs with alternate art of cards and each clue is just a theme of each seven bundles

They showed the cat one

Here's the pricing and each theme

Secret Lair Bundle (all seven drops) - 12/2, 9am PT, $199.99
Bitterblossom Dreams - 12/3, 9am PT
Eldraine Wonderland - 12/4, 9am PT
Restless in Peace - 12/5, 9am PT
Seeing Visions - 12/6, 9am PT
<explosion sounds> - 12/7, 9am PT
Kaleidoscope Killers - 12/8, 9am PT
OMG KITTIES! - 12/9, 9am PT, $39.99 (The one your seeing)

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Arkmer » 4 years ago

I think they have a good concept with the idea that exclusive products sell out like mad when supply is limited, but these are on a "time is limited" approach. They're available for 24 hours but will not run out of supply during that time. No more mad dash to fill 24000 orders through eBay in 12 seconds, just try again in an hour.

Whether the product is good or not will be for everyone to decide for themselves, I just think the sales model makes sense from a consumer satisfaction stand point.

TheMagicWord

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

New art for bitter blossom from the bitter blossom dreams box

-Im having trouble attaching the files, but its on numot's youtube video
Last edited by TheMagicWord 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 4 years ago

None of this is as cool as I thought it was going to be.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Max Rebo
Husband of Serra

Post by Max Rebo » 4 years ago

and Magic begins jumping shark
All the overload of products, specialties everywhere, bans and new formats disrupting peoples collection equity, limited ways on how to get them, fifty different borders.......I am worn out

CommanderMaster999

I am cringing so hard from the second one

It's nothing more than one of each basic in snow form

And when opened they are curling a little just like the from the vault cards

Art is beautiful though we would be talking if you got 5 between 10 of each but not 1 of each

Pip_Maxwell

Post by Pip_Maxwell » 4 years ago

Well that is thoroughly disgusting.
I'm not paying $719.76 just to get 24 of each snow basic.

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

WotC: "Want interesting/cool/unusual art on cards instead of the bland and lifeless unified style we push on regular products? Then give us hundreds of $ and you MAY get it!"
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

Pip_Maxwell

Post by Pip_Maxwell » 4 years ago

Kaleidoscope Killer contents

Dusk
Dimir Mindmage

Post by Dusk » 4 years ago

So...few of these are interesting and I'll likely pick up.
That shadowy wisp at the edge of your vision, there and gone before you notice.
Formerly Dusk707 on MtGSalvation

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 4 years ago

so are these cards the entire contents of the gift sets? i feel a little confused!

like From the Vault before 'em I always want to see these cards built into precons so that they work better as gifts. make the rest of the deck commons if you have to. i just know that some confused kids are gonna receive a trio of completely unplayable multicolour legends in the near-future lol

edit: ah sorry, reading the article i guess you order them online so you'd know what you were getting

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
WotC: "Want interesting/cool/unusual art on cards instead of the bland and lifeless unified style we push on regular products? Then give us hundreds of $ and you MAY get it!"
Not that I particularly think any of these are awesome purchases, but this is not really a "may" because they are unlimited within that 24 hour window. As long as you are not under a rock, you can pick these up- Though I don't know about international shipping.

The goblin one is almost interesting. 5 basics is a slap in the face. A playset of Serum Visions is... something? Bitterblossom is fine. The cats are not my thing. Dredge stuff is neat. 5 color weird stuff is kinda cool for those three commanders.

Feels like the biggest miss here is price point and only on some of these.

Link to the site, btw.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 4 years ago

Wow! I can't remember the last time something so hyped resulted in such a resounding fail. Maybe the Star Wars prequels? Anyway, for such a cool and promising concept, they sure bungled it on the execution. Cats and goblins seem cool, but the price is a massive joke and none of what they're offering is worth what they're asking.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Atraxian

Post by Atraxian » 4 years ago

Arkmer wrote:
4 years ago
Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
Not that I particularly think any of these are awesome purchases, but this is not really a "may" because they are unlimited within that 24 hour window. As long as you are not under a rock, you can pick these up- Though I don't know about international shipping.url=https://secretlair.wizards.com/us]Link to the site[/url], btw.
I've not been clear on the "may" part.
It was on for the wider range of luxury products like the collector's boosters.

In the end, these are an even more of a cashgrab than from the vault products.
Original art that would make the normal products look better if it was released there? Check
Limited quantity? Check
Extremely limited timeframe? Check
Lackluster selection of cards (for the most part)? Check
High pricetag? Check

But now, it won't help LGSs in any way, shape or form and given past experience it will most likely be printed on worse paper stock than the standard products and be riddled with quality control issues.

In the end, this is clearly not for me.
I might want to pick up an Ur-Dragon down the line, but sure as hell, I'm not going to buy it directly from WotC.
Angels Enthusiast
Avacyn, Casual Angel Tribal

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

Could this be the first phase/test of WotC directly selling singles?
If they dont fix the cardstock quality issue I won't be getting any of these. Oh, and the price tags of course.
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 4 years ago

they're pieces of cardboard with pictures on them

pretty pictures, but..

this is pretty disgusting

pierreb

Post by pierreb » 4 years ago

This really drives home how bland and uniform the usual card arts are. Too expensive for me, but teh kind of crowd that foils their decks will like them. There's already the problem of the cost of a play set of regular cards, getting enough of those snow lands to play though...

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Arkmer wrote:
4 years ago
Atraxian wrote:
4 years ago
Not that I particularly think any of these are awesome purchases, but this is not really a "may" because they are unlimited within that 24 hour window. As long as you are not under a rock, you can pick these up- Though I don't know about international shipping.url=https://secretlair.wizards.com/us]Link to the site[/url], btw.
I've not been clear on the "may" part.
It was on for the wider range of luxury products like the collector's boosters.

In the end, these are an even more of a cashgrab than from the vault products.
Original art that would make the normal products look better if it was released there? Check
Limited quantity? Check
Extremely limited timeframe? Check

Lackluster selection of cards (for the most part)? Check
High pricetag? Check

But now, it won't help LGSs in any way, shape or form and given past experience it will most likely be printed on worse paper stock than the standard products and be riddled with quality control issues.

In the end, this is clearly not for me.
I might want to pick up an Ur-Dragon down the line, but sure as hell, I'm not going to buy it directly from WotC.
The only thing I would disagree with is that you can't have both of the items in blue be checked. It's limited only by the time frame its available so they aren't independent variables. That distinction though is fairly hair splitting, so it's not like I feel we are disagreeing in a meaningful way.

As far as paper stock goes, some on reddit pointed out that you can see the basic lands are already a little curled when they're on the table. That distinction alone is enough to keep me from buying the Bitterblossoms (regular price, btw, is mid $40 at the time of the announcement). This is probably the biggest damage to their sales. There's almost no point in these if they're virtually unplayable because of curling. WotC needs to put some serious quality checks in place if they want this product to be successful.

Otherwise, ya, this has some weird market implications. If WotC can just drop of a hat make valued singles appear on sale for a limited time, then I can only assume it will damage LGS value.

As far as value to the player base, all of these will artificially fall in price for now while they're available then likely creep back up when we realize that there wasn't a huge rush to acquire these (supply didn't really change meaningfully). Bitterblossom and Kaleidoscope Killers are really the only ones with straight value; both drops are currently selling below their value in singles right now.

My biggest hope is that they don't keep trying to sell 5 basic lands for $30 and allow there to be some more variance in price. If they were $10 full arts, then maybe I could see people shelling out $50 for cool art.

If there's a survey about these drops (and there likely will be), make sure you get your thoughts into it and not miss the opportunity to explain your position on this product.

CommanderMaster999

RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
Wow! I can't remember the last time something so hyped resulted in such a resounding fail. Maybe the Star Wars prequels? Anyway, for such a cool and promising concept, they sure bungled it on the execution. Cats and goblins seem cool, but the price is a massive joke and none of what they're offering is worth what they're asking.
I couldn't agree more

But minor correction if they are foil in kaleidoscope killers is the well beyond 40$ worth of value

Because foil reaper kings average at 75$-80$ and foil sliver overlords are average about 95$

CalebLost
The Prince of the Ravens
Answers: 5

Post by CalebLost » 4 years ago

4 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
I couldn't agree more

But minor correction if they are foil in kaleidoscope killers is the well beyond 40$ worth of value

Because foil reaper kings average at 75$-80$ and foil sliver overlords are average about 95$
Kittens, Serum, Lands and Kaleidoscopes are foil, Dredge, Goblins and Blossom are non-foils
Current Duel Commander Decks
EnemyShard
MerenAlesha
Rashmi
Jhoira
Tajic

CommanderMaster999

CalebLost wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
4 years ago
I couldn't agree more

Kittens, Serum, Lands and Kaleidoscopes are foil, Dredge, Goblins and Blossom are non-foils
Thanks I wasn't sure if foil or not from opening of kaleidoscope

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Yeah, this is definitely a pimp package for the nouveau riche set. (I mean, I'm the strict definition of nouveau riche, but this seems a bit much to me.)
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”