Pronoun: he / him

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

Raptorchan wrote:
4 years ago
Legend wrote:
4 years ago
hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago
...monocolor (representing the gods) and graveyard (representing the underworld). What people don't understand about the original Theros, though, is that it was primarily an aura-themed set; mechanics like devotion work better with auras than with (traditional) equipment obviously, and heroic works with auras.
I suspect cycles like Linden, the Steadfast Queen and Fireborn Knight are intended to aid devotion.
People thought the same about Dominaria AAA cycle, but this time you may be right.
Also AABB Ravnica creatures.
MMNN is kinda weird in devotion. It's more useful for multicolor devotion, but not that good all around. Though I should mention, in Commander, hybrid is just better for devotion. (Plus, things like clones and reanimation are useful. In fact, there are a bunch of Rite of Replication combos out there based on tribal, why not have a few based on devotion as well?)
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

onering
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by onering » 4 years ago

Won't Ravnica still be in standard when Theros hits?

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 4 years ago

onering wrote:
4 years ago
Won't Ravnica still be in standard when Theros hits?
And it wasn't last time? The themes are somewhat antagonistic, but not by much; remember, Ravnica tries to coax you into using exactly three colors, not five like Invasion block or three like Alara/Tarkir (and Conflux was basically a five-color set). The hybrid permanents are great for devotion.

Even the original Ravnica block had a cycle of cards that counted lands of a specific basic land type.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

theMarc
Oh god, it's all over my body.

Post by theMarc » 4 years ago

hyalopterouslemur wrote:
4 years ago
Even the original Ravnica block had a cycle of cards that counted lands of a specific basic land type.
It had two: Flow of Ideas and Crash Landing. Not a cycle.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Previews”