Fleetfeathers

TurkeySloth
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TurkeySloth » 4 years ago

I'm working on a tabletop roleplay world/campaign that involves a race know as phoenixfolk, which either appear as humans with a bird's wings and tail or very similar to Magic's Avens. For the purposes of this topic, and others I create, they'll have the more aven-like appearance with feathers in tufts of complimentary colors. I couldn't use pheoenixfolk in the cards' names because people would expect all of them to have some some of return mechanic, which only a portion of them would've had in the roleplay setting. Thus, I went with "fleetfeather" to capture their more aven-like appearance, even though just a portion of them would've had the ability to fly in that setting. The current interpolation is as though that world's phoenixes had bestowed their flying ability to multiple different races. Proper names, such as Shwimu, are spelled phonetically.

Fleetfeather Druid {1GU}
Creature — Bird Elf Druid {C}
Flying
{T}: Add {G} or {U}
2/2
  • Considering the above paragraph, could I bend and have if as, for example, a mono-green 1/2 or 2/1 at common? If so, what would the new cost be?

Fleetfeather Flamespitter {2R}
Creature — Bird {U}
Flying
{1}, {T}: Fleetfeather Flamespitter deals 2 damage to any target. It doesn't untap during your next untap step.
2/2

Fleetfeather Rockthrower {3R}
Creature — Giant Bird Warrior {U}
Flying
Fleetfeather Rockthrower enters the battlefield with three rock counters on it.
{R}, {T}, Remove a rock counter from Fleetfeather Rockthrower: Fleetfeather Rockthrower deals 1 damage to any target
5/3

Fleetfeather Scavenger {1B}
Creature — Bird {R}
Flying
Whenever Fleetfeather Scavenger kills a permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
2/1
  • Perhaps, a 1/2 would be more fitting for survival

Fleetfeather Seer {1U}
Creature — Bird Wizard {C}
Flying
When Fleetfeather Seer enters the battlefield, scry 1, then, draw a card.
2/1

Fleetfeather Tactician {W}
Creature — Bird Soldier {C}
Flying
Surround (Whenever this creature attacks or blocks the same permanent as at least one other creature you control, you may remove a counter from the attacked or blocked permanent and that permanent gets -1/-1 until end of turn.)
1/1
702-COM Community/custom Keyword Abilities
Show
Hide
—702-COM.1 While Magic's Community has thought of these abilities, the totality of rule 702.1 applies to them as well.

—702-COM.2 Surround
——702-COM.2a Surround is a triggered ability. Surround means "whenever this creature attacks or blocks the same permanent as at least one other creature you control, you may remove a counter from the attacked or blocked permanent and that permanent gets -1/-1 until end of turn."
——702-COM.2b Multiple instances of surround on, attacking, or blocking the same permanent are redundant.
  • Should it cost {W}, {1W}, or {WW}?
Shwimu, Fleetfeather Sovereign {2GW}
Legendary Creature — Bird Noble {M}
Flying
Whenever a nontoken bird creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a white 1/1 Bird creature token with flying and birds you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
4/4
  • Should this cost {2WW} or {2GW}? I moved it to {2GW} because of how easily the trigger happens.
Previous version(s)
Show
Hide
V. 1 (changed after input on MSE's fora)
Shwimu, Fleetfeather Sovereign {2GW}
Legendary Creature — Bird Noble {M}
Flying
Whenever a bird creature enters the battlefield under your control, create a white 1/1 Bird creature token with flying and birds you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.
4/4
Here's a more general question: which of Magic's bipedal non-flying humanoid races could become fleetfeathers? My breakdown of colors is below. I'd like, at least, two choices other than human for each color.

White: Dwarf, Human, Kitsune/Foxfolk
Blue: Elf, Human
Black: Human, Ratfolk
Red: Giant, Goblin, Human, Orc
Green: Elf, Human
WARNING: Do not refute with pre-6th Ed. cards.

I reserve the right to sross-post your feedback on my designs to the Magic Set Editor fora, either in full or summary, to give critiquers there the full picture.

Magic on Uuxta Discord and the relevant info

Return to “Custom Cards”