Bragging Rights

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 4 years ago

When WotC prints a card you designed awhile ago, come here to brag about how you did it first.

I need my bragging rights.

Long ago I had an idea for a cycle of evergreen keyword ability lords. Here's an example of
a menace lord I created. WotC has recently come out with the Sonorous Howlbonder. I think it makes more sense for such cards to be hybrid rather than multicolored for splashability sake.
Last edited by wizyard 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 4 years ago

I submitted Whip of Erebos for the You Make the Card event. I was extremely disappointed when it wasn't one of the options as I thought it was actually better than any of the options they did give us. Then a few months later it comes out in Theros. Though obviously mine wasn't an artifact so it didn't tap, it had use this only once a turn.

Pygyzy

Post by Pygyzy » 4 years ago

Not exactly the same but real close.

I like to make custom Uncards to play with casually and give to friends. I designed this one cuz there's always that one friend who keeps fixing things, so I gave it to them.

Blueper U
Enchantment
When you make a game state error, you may sacrifice Blueper to fix it. Draw a card.

It's really close to do-over from the mystery booster. I was like oh cool that's my card! I was gonna make it an instant but figured enchantment would be easier so they don't go wait can I play something? No you can't fix your mistake to fix your mistake. That's why I gave you that card and made it a may ability hehe

wizyard

Post by wizyard » 4 years ago

blueper is a cute pun name

Here's an example of a keyword ability counter idea I had before they became a reality.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”