Stella Lee vs Bowmasters

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 1 week ago

With Stella Lee, Wild Card in play, I cast spell one and spell two and then for spell three, Cerulean Wisps. An opponent plays Orcish Bowmasters in response.

I think I can copy Cerulean Wisps with Stella's second ability in response to the Bowmasters cast and just continue to draw the whole deck before Bowmasters resolves.

If the opponent waits until Stella taps to copy Cerulean Wisps to cast Bowmasters, the Wisps copy resolves, Stella untaps, I draw, and a Bowmasters trigger hits the stack. I can respond to the Bowmasters trigger by tapping Stella and copying Wisps. Each copy resolves and triggers Bowmasters and Stella responds to each trigger and the Bowmasters triggers just stack up.

Eventually, in either case, I hit Borne Upon a Wind, cast it in response to the last Bowmasters trigger in the second scenario, or the Bowmasters cast in the first, and then start casting and copying Twisted Fealty also in response to the last applicable trigger and the triggers all go away when the opponent dies to Wicked Role triggers.

Or am I way off base here?

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 1 week ago
pzbw7z wrote:
1 week ago
With Stella Lee, Wild Card in play, I cast spell one and spell two and then for spell three, Cerulean Wisps. An opponent plays Orcish Bowmasters in response.

I think I can copy Cerulean Wisps with Stella's second ability in response to the Bowmasters cast and just continue to draw the whole deck before Bowmasters resolves.
Yes that seems to be correct. You get to respond to the Bowmasters while it is on the stack to do what you want to do with Stella and Wisps.
If the opponent waits until Stella taps to copy Cerulean Wisps to cast Bowmasters, the Wisps copy resolves, Stella untaps, I draw, and a Bowmasters trigger hits the stack. I can respond to the Bowmasters trigger by tapping Stella and copying Wisps. Each copy resolves and triggers Bowmasters and Stella responds to each trigger and the Bowmasters triggers just stack up.

Eventually, in either case, I hit Borne Upon a Wind, cast it in response to the last Bowmasters trigger in the second scenario, or the Bowmasters cast in the first, and then start casting and copying Twisted Fealty also in response to the last applicable trigger and the triggers all go away when the opponent dies to Wicked Role triggers.

Yes, that seems correct as well. You can copy spells while Bowmasters triggers pile up, Then, once you get to the end (or where you have the two cards in question in hand) you can cast Borne Upon a Wind and, as long as you still have a card in the library, you can respond to the Bowmasters trigger again by casting Fealty and copying it over and over with Stella. Once the player is dead, all their triggers go away with them so you won't take any damage from them.
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 128
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 1 week ago

pzbw7z wrote:
1 week ago

Yes that seems to be correct. You get to respond to the Bowmasters while it is on the stack to do what you want to do with Stella and Wisps.

Yes, that seems correct as well. You can copy spells while Bowmasters triggers pile up, Then, once you get to the end (or where you have the two cards in question in hand) you can cast Borne Upon a Wind and, as long as you still have a card in the library, you can respond to the Bowmasters trigger again by casting Fealty and copying it over and over with Stella. Once the player is dead, all their triggers go away with them so you won't take any damage from them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”