Random Card of the Day: Talisman of Conviction

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

It was in my Grolnok, the Omnivore Brawl deck in Arena.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

RabidVacin wrote:
1 year ago
2/01/23 Favorable Winds
a pretty decent buff card for flying decks.

only 2 cmc.

need only one colored mana.

survives most board wipes since it's not a creature.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

Post by RabidVacin » 1 year ago

2/07/23 Thaumaturge's Familiar

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

RabidVacin

2/08/23 Kudzu

RabidVacin

2/09/23 Army of the Damned

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Fantastic. The 13 theme from Innistrad is one of my outright favorite things in Magic, so you can imagine this is a favorite card of mine.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

2/10/23 Sanctum Gargoyle

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Gargoyles work particularly well as colored artifact creatures.

RabidVacin

2/13/23 Dimir Aqueduct

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Karoo lands have a special place in my heart.

RabidVacin

2/13/23 Llanowar Envoy

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Basically a Limited plant for a multicolor-heavy environment - but you'd be in dire straits if you needed to use an ability like that to fix mana.

It's also meant to be a nostalgic Nomadic Elf reference.

RabidVacin

2/15/23 Profane Transfusion

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Great, epic-sounding name. Love me a Mirror Universe-type effect, either in white or in black. Many scenarios where you can use this in EDH (and multiplayer in general) to, basically, effect multiple kills on the people you want out of the game... but obviously, nine mana is a lot in any format for any deck. I plain like this card.

RabidVacin

2/16/23 Blessing

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

From the old old old days where every color got random generic pump abilities. That M14 reprint is surprising.

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

I love the revised printing of the card - Blessing|3ED. just a window into how terse the cards could be, and somehow look better that way imho

RabidVacin

2/17/23 Mountain Yeti

One of my favorite targets for Magical Hack or Sleight of Mind.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yup, a classic wombo combo is changing that landwalk and protection into literally any type/color you choose and having a proto-True-Name Nemesis.

RabidVacin

2/20/23 Meldweb Strider

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Very new. Not THAT exciting - it is mostly just a French vanilla beater when you get down to it - but Vehicles with alternate ways to become creatures are always fun. One of two Vehicles in the set, even.

RabidVacin

2/21/23 Binding Geist

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

You know, for Limited, this is a 3/1. It could be a lot worse. Hardly exciting, but not a true last-pick either.

RabidVacin

2/22/23 Sedgemoor Witch

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Pest spam is fun for sure - now if there were some kind of instant or sorcery with "Replicate - Sacrifice a creature" it'd really be something. Still nice with multiple effects like Village Rites and Victimize.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”