Random Card of the Day: Urza, Powerstone Prodigy

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

I love the Scars smith cycle from a flavor and worldbuilding perspective. They present Auriok, Neurok, Moriok, Vulshok, and Sylvok philosophies, each of which fits their respective color and the flavor of one of the five Mirran human civilizations, but about all of which you could also say "yes, I can see where this is coming from/get behind this".
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 1 year ago

1/19/23 Birds of Paradise

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

It really is kind of a wonder that a creature from Alpha is still considered very good.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

1/20/23 Ogre Slumlord

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sort of a sequel to Ratcatcher.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

this guy is brutal on a rat deck. A bit high on the cmc.. but at 5 mana, many of the opponent removal could have been spent already on the time he enters the battle.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

1/23/23 Mind Spring

RabidVacin

1/24/23 Cemetery Recruitment

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Great name, fun as a "draw two cards" in Zombies.dek

RabidVacin

1/25/23 Hidden Gibbons

RabidVacin

1/26/23 Leonin Abunas

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I like the Hidden enchantments (and the other ones: Lurking/Opal/Veiled). Hexproof for all your artifacts happens also to be a very powerful ability.

RabidVacin

1/27/23 Flameblast Dragon

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Attack triggers like this make more sense for Dragons specifically than Crimson Hellkite-type abilities.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

With Crimson Hellkite, you either attack or use its direct damage ability. (Not to mention limitations on only red mana, and only targeting creatures.) With Flameblast Dragon, you get both if you want them ... with the slight risk of having to attack with it. 6MV for a 5/5 is also a lot more tolerable than 9MV for a 6/6.

RabidVacin

1/30/23 Steamcore Weird

RabidVacin

1/31/23 Contradict

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

they really blew that great name on a Dismiss which costs one more :))) and even if they think Dismiss is too strong, I still feel that if Cryptic Command can cost 1uuu then so can this. there's probably some sort of guideline which forbids commons having casting costs like that but I don't think you need guidelines which lead you into decisions as groanworthy as a five cost counterspell cantrip =P at least...

Contradict 3uu
Instant
Counter target spell or activated ability. If you counter an ability this way, its source's abilities can't be activated until end of turn.
Draw a card

as in counterspell + interdict

RabidVacin

2/01/23 Favorable Winds

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 1 year ago

When I still had my Talrand, Sky Summoner deck this card did quite a bit of work. It was unassuming, and you could play it on a turn while still holding mana open for instants.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Low key? This card is iconic.

RabidVacin

2/02/23 Rix Maadi Guildmage

RabidVacin

2/03/23 Foul Emissary

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

A direct "emerge matters" card is pretty interesting.

RabidVacin

2/06/23 Croaking Counterpart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”