NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

TLDR: After the rakshasas overthrew the dragon clans, other malevolent types of demons that had been sealed by dragon magic started finding their way to the world. This is intended to be two three cards from a mythic cycle of asuras.

Asura of Glory 1RWB
Creature — Demigod Demon (M)
Menace, vigilance, haste
Whenever Asura of Glory deals combat damage to a player, put an indestructible counter on up to one other target creature you control.
Whenever combat damage is dealt to you, sacrifice a creature you control with indestructible.
3/3

Asura of Selflessness 2WBG
First strike, lifelink, ward 2
Whenever Asura of Selflessness deals combat damage to a player, each player sacrifices that many non-Demon permanents.
At the beginning of your end step, if you sacrificed three or more creatures this turn, return one of those creature cards to the battlefield tapped.
3/3

Asura of Brilliance 1URW
Haste, lifelink, ward 2
Whenever Asura of Brilliance deals combat damage to a player, each player investigates.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a token, Asura of Brilliance connives.
2/5

IIW: Green ponder variants
Last edited by Cythare 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

@Mergatroid_Jones It may be time
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Trabant180

Post by Trabant180 » 1 year ago

Demonlord's Decree1bb
Sorcery (R)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may reveal a Demon card from your hand.
Each player sacrifices a non-token creature. If you revealed a Demon card or controlled a Demon as you cast this spell, you may return a creature sacrificed this way from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.

IIW: Magic Spaceships

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
@Mergatroid_Jones It may be time
On it. Just got home. Give me half an hour to an hour.

Edit: Took longer than I thought. Lots of entries.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

SPOILER
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
For Mergatroid_Jones, a response to your prompt. I don't know any of you well enough to decide what cards you want to see, outside of just your IIW.

Rakshasa Usurper 1BGU
Creature - Cat Demon
Ward - Pay 2 life.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you gain control of that creature until your next end step unless that opponent has you draw a card.
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
"You lost your kingdom to a cat?" "What they lack in power, they more than make up for in cunning." Ojutai and Silumgar
2/4

Jetmir, Interim huntcaller 3RG
Legendary Planeswalker - Jetmir
+1 - Create a 1/1 green and white human creature token, then create a treasure token.
-3 - Jetmir deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the number of creatures you control.
-8 - You get an emblem with "Attacking creatures you control have trample and get +x/+0 where X is the number of attacking creatures you control."

I don't care if it makes no sense for Jetmir to be a planeswalker, it's cool.

IIW: The wolves are at the door.
That usurper is pretty terrifying with any sac outlet, but ultimately it just draws you cards which isn't broken at cost. Fun (but not actually fun to play against) rare.

I see no problem with Jetmir as a planeswalker, and the design itself is pretty conservative. He's got Jetmir flavor, and he works with himself by getting you guys. Works fine and dandy. He's a good choice to spark up.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Rakshasa Soulstealer 2BB
Creature — Cat Demon {R}
Flying
Rakshasa Soulstealer escapes as a copy of the exiled card.
Escape—1B, Exile a creature card from your graveyard and pay life equal to its mana value.
4/3

IIW: a nocturnal animal
Whaaaaat, a totally new take on esape? That's pretty neat. I think the creature is a little too efficient on the front end and the escape cost is likewise slightly to good. But you know Wizards: they love making hyper efficient creatures.

The life payment is spot on.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Rakshasa Traitor
1{B}{B}{R}
Creature - Cat Demon (M)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player creates a 2/2 black Zombie creature token with decayed. That token is goaded for the rest of the game.
Goaded creatures attacking an opponent get +1/+0 and have menace.
5/4
"Curse that bloated worm Silumgar and his simpering sycophants!"

IIW: Unconventional Oozes
Huh. This is clearly a card for Demons of Tarkir commander. Decayed was a cool mechanic, and I'd like to see it make a return.
wonderful wrote:
1 year ago
Mardu Dealmaker WB
Creature - Demon (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player reveals the top card of their library. You may have all players mill one, or draw a card.
2/2

Demon of Bloodshed 2BR
Creature - Demon (U)
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+1 and gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Raid — At the beginning of your end step, if you attacked this turn, target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
3/2

iiw: rabbits 🐇
I am a big fan of Mardu Dealmaker! Mardu demons needed a bit more flavor behind them as was mentioned, and both of the entries move that direction. I'm not crazy about Demon of Bloodshed though. Exalted doesn't feel right for the Mardu. The Mardu don't hold back.
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Rakshasa's Mane -- 2B
Enchantment - Aura {U}
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has intimidate and gets +X/-X, where X is its devotion to black. (A creature's devotion to black is equal to the number of black mana symbols in its mana cost and rules text.)
When enchanted creature dies, you may pay life equal to its devotion to black. If you do, return Rakshasa's Mane to hand.
IIW: Irrational numbers
Well that's weird. What am I even trying to do with this card? It's a hate card against black, or a double edged pump that makes math hard. Rancor text means this never goes away, so it could certainly be powerful in the right draft deck. Ooh, and the Abzan love high toughness. That fits nicely. But what doesn't fit perfectly is creature-devotion in a multi-color set.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Assault Demon 1RWB
Creature — Demon {R}
Flying
When Assault Demon enters the battlefield, each opponent loses 3 life and you gain 3 life.
5/4

IIW: your favorite niche aesthetic
I swear I've seen this before somewhere.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Surrak, Jetmir's Second 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, target creature you control gets +1/+1 and gains trample until end of turn. If [formidable], put a +1/+1 on that creature, and it gains trample until end of turn instead.
Whenever a creature you control with a counter on it attacks, Surrak deals 1 damage to the defending player.
"This Jetmir will bring us all together as one family! We will overthrow the Dragon's tyranny and live as one clan!"
4/4

Hey, you didn't have to convince me Jetmir worked for this. But look, you've convinced me. Surrak is perfect for the role. It even uses Alliance.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Lost Patron 3WBG
Creature - Demon (M)
Flying, vigilance
When Lost Patron dies, you lose life equal to the number of creatures and planeswalkers you control, then distribute that many +1/+1 and/or loyalty counters among those creatures and planeswalkers.
Dissatisfied with the power of the ancestors, some Abzan mages secretly bound demons to the amber.
6/5

IIW: Archons of Theros
Interesting. And a good way to get killed if you aren't careful! I'm happy to see Abzan pulling some demons out of the amber. Add a life-gain theme in the colors (so easy to do) and you've got yourself a little dossier of what Abzan wants to do in this set.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Demon Hunter W
Creature - Human Warrior
Protection from Demons
Dragon Hunter can block Dragons as though it had reach.
2/1

Meteorological Demonolist 2WUR
Creature - Human Wizard (U)
Flying, Prowess
Whenever a Demon enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, it Scry X, where X is the number of Demons that Demon's player control.
Whenever a Demon enters the battlefield under your control, it deals X damage to any target, where X is the number of Demons you control.
2/4

IIW: Cards for Black Aggro
Demon Hunter is clever and I like it better than Meg's Siege Rhino in disguise. I also appreciate non-demon cards for the demon-themed set.

The demonologist is a very different take on Jeskai. But it does make perfect sense that their pursuit of wisdom could be poisoned in that way. And yes, I think prowess will always be the Jeskai mechanic.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Cragheart Desecrator 3WB
Creature - Demon (R)
Flying
Whenever Cragheart Desecrator attacks, each opponent gets a hate counter
Intolerance - Sacrifice Cragheart Desecrator, or Exile Cragheart Desecrator from your graveyard: Target opponent loses a hate counter. If it's the first they lost this turn, that player sacrifices a creature. Intolerance only as a sorcery.
2/4

I felt the W demons of tarkir didn't have much flavor. What made them white exactly? I think they should embody the intolerance against the enemies' ways.

iiw: please be safe
I agree about the white demons, and I think you're onto something in concept. However I don't love this execution. I think hate counters are fine marker to use, but this application for hate seems needlessly complicated.
Stapler wrote:
1 year ago
Rakshasa Deathbreather 2UB
Creature - Cat Demon Dragon (R)
Flying
Exploit (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature.)
Other creatures you control have exploit.
Whenever a creature you control exploits a creature other than Rakshasa Deathbreather, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn and creatures your opponents control get -1/-0 until end of turn.
3/4

IIW: tigers that may or may not be crouching
Exploit is perfect to bring back for a set like this, and I like the "exploit lord" thing. However it doesn't feel incredibly BU the way this asks you to play. It wants you to play a ton of creatures and attack with them while sacrificing the weaklings.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
TLDR: After the rakshasas overthrew the dragon clans, other malevolent types of demons that had been sealed by dragon magic started finding their way to the world. This is intended to be two three cards from a mythic cycle of asuras.

Asura of Glory 1RWB
Menace, vigilance, haste
Whenever Asura of Glory deals combat damage to a player, put an indestructible counter on up to one other target creature you control.
Whenever combat damage is dealt to you, sacrifice a creature you control with indestructible.
3/3

Asura of Selflessness 2WBG
First strike, lifelink, ward 2
Whenever Asura of Selflessness deals combat damage to a player, each player sacrifices that many non-Demon permanents.
At the beginning of your end step, if you sacrificed three or more creatures this turn, return one of those creature cards to the battlefield tapped.
3/3

Asura of Brilliance 1URW
Haste, lifelink, ward 2
Whenever Asura of Brilliance deals combat damage to a player, each player investigates.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices a token, Asura of Brilliance connives.
2/5

Asura of Glory is wacko, but ultimately a goofy jank mythic.

Selflessness seems odd for any demon. But it's a helluva card. Post annihilator I don't think they'll do something like this.

Brilliance gives them the removal spell they need, but ward helps with that a bit. Ultimately, it looks like another jank mythic, but neat.

I see what you did there: three colors, three keyword abilities, one damage trigger, and one ability related to it. I do appreciate that level of organization.
Trabant180 wrote:
1 year ago
Demonlord's Decree1bb
Sorcery (R)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may reveal a Demon card from your hand.
Each player sacrifices a non-token creature. If you revealed a Demon card or controlled a Demon as you cast this spell, you may return a creature sacrificed this way from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.

That's pretty sweet actually. I like the reference to "reveal a dragon" cards. But it's a little underpowered if you can't reveal a demon. A three mana Innocent Blood is pretty weak, but a three mana creature steal is pretty great. So this card is very feast or famine.
Winner and Next
Show
Hide
It looks like we have our new set pretty well fleshed out. I think I'm gonna give it to my single favorite card, which is Mardu Dealmaker. Lots of great stuff going on here. Too much to HM.

Winner: Wonderful
Next: rabbits 🐇

Trabant180

Post by Trabant180 » 1 year ago

Springtime Horde3gg
Creature - Rabbit (R)
At the beginning of each upkeep, create a 0/1 Rabbit creature token. If you control six or more rabbits create a copy of Springtime Horde instead.
4/4

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Featherdrix 1GU
Creature — Rabbit Bird Beast {U}
Evolve
Whenever Featherdrix evolves, it gains flying until end of turn.
3/2

IIW: bring back a different Guild mechanic (so, not evolve)
Last edited by Megiddo 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Conjuration gone awry RU
Instant
Counter target noncreature spell. Its controller creates a 1/1 blue and red elemental rabbit creature token.
Scry 1.
Knowing about how dangerous their performances are, Prismari are masters of both the art of countermagic, as well as "I meant to do that" energy.

Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

The White Rabbit 2WU
Legendary Creature - Rabbit
Flash
When The White Rabbit enters the battlefield, after this phase you gain a main phase.
4WU: Return The White Rabbit to its owner's hand.
"Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!" - The White Rabbit, Louis Carrol, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
2/3

IIW: Cards from the next great hit draft innovations set - Conspiracy: Grave Business
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

Division Chief Tsukimi, Mech Technologies Innovation Group WU
Legendary Creature — Moonfolk Wizard {R}
Flying
Vehicle spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
Whenever a vehicle you control becomes crewed, you may have that vehicle lose its abilities and become a 4/4 artifact creature with flying and "whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card" until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: really long card names
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Night of the Lepus 2W
Enchantment- Saga (U)
I: Create a 1/1 white Rabbit creature token.
II-III: Put a +1/+1 counter on each Rabbit you control, then populate. If you control no creature tokens, sacrifice Night of the Lepus and draw 2 cards.

IIW: Something so simple it should've been done by now.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

I've been racking my brain on how to reference rabbits' unusual digestive practices without getting banned, and so far:

Grazing Rabbit
{1}{G}
Creature - Rabbit (C)
When Grazing Rabbit enters the battlefield, you mill two cards.
At the beginning of your end step, you may put a Forest or Plains card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library. If you do, you gain 1 life.
2/2
"Wait, it does WHAT at night?!" -Jace

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Bugs Bunny 2WR
\\Amok the Trickster
Legendary Creature - Rabbit Rogue (M)
Whenever Bugs Bunny becomes the target of a spell or ability, it phases out. For as long as it's phased out, you may treat it as a counter put on any creature, granting "This creature attacks each turn if able." and "If this creature would deal damage, redirect that damage to itself."
2/3

IIW: news
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Fleeting Buck 2{G/W}
Creature — Rabbit
Fleeting Buck must be blocked if able.
Whenever Fleeting Buck blocks or becomes blocked by one or more creatures, those creatures and Fleeting Buck phase out. (Treat them and anything attached to them as though they don't exist until their controller's next turn.)
"Get back here, you!"
2/2

IIW: Weather

Mergatroid_Jones

1 year ago
I've been racking my brain on how to reference rabbits' unusual digestive practices without getting banned, and so far:
"Wait, it does WHAT at night?!" -Mergatroid Jones

wonderful
Pronoun: she / her

Post by wonderful » 1 year ago

Trabant180 wrote:
1 year ago
Springtime Horde3gg
Creature - Rabbit (R)
At the beginning of each upkeep, create a 0/1 Rabbit creature token. If you control six or more rabbits create a copy of Springtime Horde instead.
4/4

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Featherdrix 1GU
Creature — Rabbit Bird Beast {U}
Evolve
Whenever Featherdrix evolves, it gains flying until end of turn.
3/2

IIW: bring back a different Guild mechanic (so, not evolve)
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Conjuration gone awry RU
Instant
Counter target noncreature spell. Its controller creates a 1/1 blue and red elemental rabbit creature token.
Scry 1.
Knowing about how dangerous their performances are, Prismari are masters of both the art of countermagic, as well as "I meant to do that" energy.

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The White Rabbit 2WU
Legendary Creature - Rabbit
Flash
When The White Rabbit enters the battlefield, after this phase you gain a main phase.
4WU: Return The White Rabbit to its owner's hand.
"Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!" - The White Rabbit, Louis Carrol, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
2/3

IIW: Cards from the next great hit draft innovations set - Conspiracy: Grave Business
(I wish this card referenced phasing)
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Division Chief Tsukimi, Mech Technologies Innovation Group WU
Legendary Creature — Moonfolk Wizard {R}
Flying
Vehicle spells you cast cost 1 less to cast.
Whenever a vehicle you control becomes crewed, you may have that vehicle lose its abilities and become a 4/4 artifact creature with flying and "whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card" until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: really long card names
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Night of the Lepus 2W
Enchantment- Saga (U)
I: Create a 1/1 white Rabbit creature token.
II-III: Put a +1/+1 counter on each Rabbit you control, then populate. If you control no creature tokens, sacrifice Night of the Lepus and draw 2 cards.

IIW: Something so simple it should've been done by now.
1 year ago

Grazing Rabbit
{1}{G}
Creature - Rabbit (C)
When Grazing Rabbit enters the battlefield, you mill two cards.
At the beginning of your end step, you may put a Forest or Plains card from your graveyard on the bottom of your library. If you do, you gain 1 life.
2/2
"Wait, it does WHAT at night?!" -Jace

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Bugs Bunny 2WR
\\Amok the Trickster
Legendary Creature - Rabbit Rogue (M)
Whenever Bugs Bunny becomes the target of a spell or ability, it phases out. For as long as it's phased out, you may treat it as a counter put on any creature, granting "This creature attacks each turn if able." and "If this creature would deal damage, redirect that damage to itself."
2/3

IIW: news
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Fleeting Buck 2{G/W}
Creature — Rabbit
Fleeting Buck must be blocked if able.
Whenever Fleeting Buck blocks or becomes blocked by one or more creatures, those creatures and Fleeting Buck phase out. (Treat them and anything attached to them as though they don't exist until their controller's next turn.)
"Get back here, you!"
2/2

IIW: Weather
winner is judge
Show
Hide
NEXT
Show
Hide
really long card names

Mergatroid_Jones

It Came from the Outer Worlds 9
Planeswalker- It (R)
You may cast this spell by exiling a planeswalker and paying It Came From the Outer Worlds' mana cost reduced by the number of loyalty counters on that planeswalker.
{+2}: Create a 1/1 colorless Tentacle creature token. You may exile 3 Tentacles you control to exile target nonland permanent.
{0}: Put an eye counter on a card you own exiled with It Came from the Outer Worlds. While in exile with an eye counter, it gains "When It Came from the Outer Worlds leaves the battlefield, you may pay to put this card in its owner's hand."
{-4}: Each player exiles a permanent they control and a card in their hand.
{{5}}

IIW: Replace one word in a legendary creature's name, and make a new card for it.

Juancu

Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar Jr.
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (M)
As long as you have sacrificed a Clue or Food this turn, you may pay to cast this spell.
When Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar Jr. enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a card named The Overworld Bestiary (and Cookbook!), reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle.
Sacrifice a Clue and a Food: Draw a card and create a tapped 3/3 green Beast creature token with lifelink.
2/4

The Overworld Bestiary (and Cookbook!) 3
Legendary Artifact (R)
Whenever you cast a creature spell, create a Clue token.
Whenever a nontoken creature you control dies, create a Food token.

IIW: from a game's inventory
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Morb, the Incomprehensible Wizard of Leng 2UB
Legendary Creature - Spider Wizard
Reach
Ward - Return a permanent you control to its owner's hand.
Whenever a permanent is returned to a player's hand, that player discards a card.
If an effect causes you to discard a card, discard it, but you may put it on top of your library instead of into your graveyard.
2/5

IIW: Time Spiral 2
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

while your card's mechanics will ultimately be what determines the winner, what I'm really looking for are good vibes with the card name.
MEG

Juancu

Dermatoglyphic Spectroanalysis U
Instant (C)
Scry 5
(True word for fingeprints)

Your Tragic Backstory Is Pertinent To This Conversation 2B
Sorcery (C)
Choose one -
Hint Towards Your Dark Past - Each opponent sacrifices a creature.
Go Into Detail About Your Traumatic Upbringing - Each opponent discards two cards.
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

After the Fire There Will Be Nought But Ashes -- 1RRR
Enchantment - Saga
When you sacrifice After The Fire There Will Be Nought But Ashes, it deals seven damage to each creature without flying.
I: Detonate 3
II: Erupt 2
III: Conflagrate 1
IIW: Rules text, nine words long.
Last edited by OneAndOnly 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Fall Seven Times and Stand Up Eight 3WB
Enchantment — Saga (R)
I, III, V, VII: Put X -1/-1 counters on each creature, where X is the number of lore counters on Fall Seven Times and Stand Up Eight.
II, IV, VI, VIII: Put X +1/+1 counters on each creature you control, where X is the number of lore counters on Fall Seven Times and Stand Up Eight.

Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Juancu

Consider the Rhymifications UW
Enchantment (Acorn)
When Consider the Rhymifications enters the battlefield, note its name.
Whenever you cast a spell, note its name, then compare it with the previous name noted with Consider the Rhymifications. If their last words are different, but the last 3 letters match, draw a card.

Megiddo
MEG

I will judge later today after my continuing adventures of unpacking
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”