NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Ink Dancer 2U
Creature - Squid (R)
Each creature you control has vigilance as long as it's white, flying as long as it's black, prowess as long as it's red, and protection from instants as long as it's green.
1U: Target creature becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
"Zhalfirins say Suq'Atans all have a sweet tooth - and in Amiqat, we ate at a restaurant that even served fried squid with molasses and soft cheese." - Sisay, journal
2/2

IIW: Target an activated or triggered ability
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

i'll just submit my beeble entry here again
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Burning-Vine Armasaur 3RG
Creature - Dinosaur Elemental (U)
Enrage - Whenever Burning-Vine Armasaur is dealt damage, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token and Burning-Vine Armasaur deals 1 damage to another target creature equal to the number of Saprolings you control.
With a note of smoke, some floral tastes but a meaty and hearty finish, they often make a prized meal for the warriors of the Sun Empire.
4/4

IIW: Power up a common to uncommon level
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
With a note of smoke, some floral tastes but a meaty and hearty finish, they often make a prized meal for the
For the what?! I'm on the edge of my seat here!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ulka

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
With a note of smoke, some floral tastes but a meaty and hearty finish, they often make a prized meal for the
For the what?! I'm on the edge of my seat here!
The sun empire. I forgot to finish it... Oops. Thanks for the catch

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

Daemogoth of Plenty 3{B/G}{B/G}
Creature - Demon (Uncommon)
Deathtouch
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life.
Whenever you sacrifice a creature, put two +1/+1 counters on a creature you control and you gain 2 life.
"Daemogoth essence can be trapped in clearing air and dew to make an inhalable mix. It's pleasing and mostly safe." - Gyome, Witherbloom chef
4/4

iiw food matters
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Dragon's Cook 3BR
Creature- Goblin Coward (U)
When Dragon's Cook enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying and "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a non-Dragon creature you control. If you do, create a colorless artifact Food token."
When you sacrifice a food, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target Dragon.
"No amount of onions could overpower my stench, great dragon! My blood is too bitter and foul. And I would ruin any stew, good master! My wretched feet will poison your sweet roc eggs."
1/1

IIW: Rocs that rock. And maybe rocks.

Post by avatarz » 1 year ago

Abyssal Wrecksifter 1UR
Creature — Oyster (R)
Defender
When ~ enters the battlefield or blocks, it deals 1 damage to each other creature and each player.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, you may return it to the battlefield under your control as a Treasure artifact with "T, Sacrifice this artifact: Add one mana of any color." It loses all its other card types.
Pirates of the Outer Waters are greedy for its silky meat, accompanied with only a squeeze of Limnea. Some days prior to the feast, they usually feed these clams with their mortal enemies: someone swears it's just for taste improvement.
0/3

IIW: chaotic wincons

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

All right! Judging will be based on how much I like your card and how delicious your flavor text sounds.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
ApocalypseChive wrote:
1 year ago
Ana Spawn 2G
Creature - Volver Spawn (U)
When Ana Spawn enters the battlefield, if U was spent to cast it, draw a card. If B was spent to cast it, each opponent discards a card.
"To cure the nutritious rootmeat, first heat the carcass over flame for one hour, then sun-dry for three additional hours."
- Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar

3/3

IIW: cardname includes Salvation, Nexus, or both
Aha, a mini-Volver, but with no kicker. Fun little card, the ceiling here is a tricolor 3/3 that draws a card and makes an opponent discard a card. Might need a bit of play-testing.

And of course Asmora would show up this round. Interestingly, the recipe seems involve exposing the meat to the two remaining colors of mana.

ApocalypseChive, of course, omits apocalypse chives from their entry.
MonoRedMage wrote:
1 year ago
Charcoal Gargoyle 1R
Creature - Gargoyle {U}
Flying
Charcoal Gargoyle can't block.
2R: Red creatures you control get +0/+2 until end of turn. Then you may sacrifice Charcoal Gargoyle. If you do, red creatures you control get an additional +2/+0 until end of turn.
"The great Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar was the first to baste charcoal gargoyle in Scarwood goblin blood and a light Jamuraan red wine. You should accept no other method of cooking this meat." - Vincent of the Pit, The Underworld Eater's Guide
1/1

IIW - Half or double
I'm detecting a theme here. Red, red, and even more red, even in the flavor text.

I'm not sure if the toughness boost feels red, maybe, make +1/+1 instead?

I love how now we see Vincent is now a gourmand, and his esteem for Asmora is such that he still refers to her as "the great", and he still believes her cooking to be superior. Also I see how the ingredients are also red, you MonoRedMage you.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Next Victim B
Creature- Human Citizen (C)
Skulk
Sacrifice Next Victim: Gain 2 life.
When Next Victim dies, put a +1/+1 counter on each Vampire creature you control.
"Mix Five parts human blood, one part milk, and two honeyed wine. Best served in a salted glass of crystal." --Moyna Falkenrath
1/1

IIW: Eating people for pleasure and profit
Ah, yes, a Food token on Innistrad is just some hapless guy. Clearly just fodder for the Vampire deck.

That recipe, though. I'm pretty sure the milk and blood will clot, although the honeyed wine might help prevent that. Presumably this is what you get if you ask for a Bloody Mary at a vampire party.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Ink Dancer 2U
Creature - Squid (R)
Each creature you control has vigilance as long as it's white, flying as long as it's black, prowess as long as it's red, and protection from instants as long as it's green.
1U: Target creature becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
"Zhalfirins say Suq'Atans all have a sweet tooth - and in Amiqat, we ate at a restaurant that even served fried squid with molasses and soft cheese." - Sisay, journal
2/2

IIW: Target an activated or triggered ability
Interesting little critter, gives your multicolored creatures keyword soup. I like how each keyword it grants is the keyword it shares with that color. I notice you swapped out ward with protection from instants for green, perhaps you wanted something that would matter during the combat phase and ward was too wide?

Personally, I would have given white creatures ward and green creatures vigilance, but I suppose it's a matter of taste (HAH!).

Ah yes, that does sound delicious, and fits with how Azimaet Drake is usually served.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Blistering Beebles 5R
Creature - Beeble {U}
Haste
Blistering Beebles has menace as long as defending player controls more creatures than each other player.
"Ooh, they come pre-cooked now!"
—Barrin

4/4

IIW: A quiet moment
Well, there not much I can say that wasn't already said. The name, however, does conjure up a rather unpleasant looking dish, unless you pretend that it's wiener sausages, their skins blistered from the heat. Or maybe not...
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Burning-Vine Armasaur 3RG
Creature - Dinosaur Elemental (U)
Enrage - Whenever Burning-Vine Armasaur is dealt damage, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token and Burning-Vine Armasaur deals 1 damage to another target creature equal to the number of Saprolings you control.
With a note of smoke, some floral tastes but a meaty and hearty finish, they often make a prized meal for the warriors of the Sun Empire.
4/4

IIW: Power up a common to uncommon level
Hey, I remember Overgrown Armasaur! Presumably this is the same but on fire.

That ability is hard to gauge, power-level wise at first glance, at the very least you get 1 token and deal 1 damage, but it scales with the number of Saprolings as you go on. Still, rarity feels about right.

Presumably provides both meat and vegetables in one convenient package. WE EAT!
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 year ago
Daemogoth of Plenty 3{B/G}{B/G}
Creature - Demon (Uncommon)
Deathtouch
At the beginning of your upkeep, you lose 1 life.
Whenever you sacrifice a creature, put two +1/+1 counters on a creature you control and you gain 2 life.
"Daemogoth essence can be trapped in clearing air and dew to make an inhalable mix. It's pleasing and mostly safe." - Gyome, Witherbloom chef
4/4

iiw food matters
Hmm, I understand hybrid designs sometimes have a little bending, but that life loss rubs me the wrong way.

In fact, the entire card seems to strongly suggest the first ability should be "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice another creature." That seems more in line with green, and with black-green in particular.

Also, is Gyome suggesting vaping?!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Dragon's Cook 3BR
Creature- Goblin Coward (U)
When Dragon's Cook enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying and "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice a non-Dragon creature you control. If you do, create a colorless artifact Food token."
When you sacrifice a food, you may put a +1/+1 counter on target Dragon.
"No amount of onions could overpower my stench, great dragon! My blood is too bitter and foul. And I would ruin any stew, good master! My wretched feet will poison your sweet roc eggs."
1/1

IIW: Rocs that rock. And maybe rocks.
Here's an interesting subversion! Rather than a suggested dish, the goblin instead emphasizes how bad he would be for any of the recipes the dragon has in mind. Clearly spent some time as a Dragonlord's Servant.

Hmm, not sure if the card conveys the idea of a dragon's chef, like maybe it would be better if the goblin generated the food token via sacrifice, instead of tacking that ability onto the dragon token.
1 year ago
Abyssal Wrecksifter 1UR
Creature — Oyster (R)
Defender
When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each other creature and each player.
Whenever a creature dealt damage by ~ this turn dies, create a Treasure token that's a copy of it. (It's an artifact with "T, Sacrifice this: Add one mana of any color." in addition to its other abilities. It loses all its other types.)
Pirates of the Outer Waters are greedy for its silky texture, dressed with just a squeeze of Limonea. Some days prior to the feast, they usually feed it their mortal enemies: someone swears it's for taste improvement.
1/4

Oh, oh my. Is this thing like, spitting at everything, or shooting sharp shards of shell? Interesting that smaller creatures get turned into pearls; maybe that Treasure token should be named Pearl just to hammer that in.

I'm not sure feeding it your enemies would make it taste any better; Jwari Scuttler shows that it can sometimes be off-putting, unless you really hated that guy.

Results:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Third: MonoRedMage, for the Vincent cameo
Second: ApocalypseChive, for the Volver that isn't

Winner:
void_nothing, for making me now crave fried calamari with some sort of sweet and savory cheesy sauce.
Next:
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Target an activated or triggered ability
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thanks for the win - I imagine I will judge tomorrow.

Megiddo
MEG

shout out for taking my %$#% seriously to the point that you went back and quoted my old entry and evaluated it again.
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks for the win - I imagine I will judge tomorrow.
is the word "an" required

You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
is the word "an" required
Nope, just an effect that targets an ability on the stack.

Megiddo
MEG

Eccentricaster UR
Creature - Human Wizard {R}
Flash
When Eccentricaster enters the battlefield, choose one —
• Counter up to one target activated ability you don't control.
• Copy up to one target triggered ability you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/1

IIW: Moldal spells
MEG

ApocalypseChive
Answers: 1

Post by ApocalypseChive » 1 year ago

Moment of Weakness 2UU
Instant (R)
You may change the target of target activated ability with a single target. If the source of that ability is a nonland permanent, gain control of that permanent.
At the moment that the sphinx reached out with a psychic barrage, Jace found his opening and struck.

IIW: worldsouls and/or soul of <oldwalker>

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Irritation Engine 2
Artifact (R)
If an artifact or creature entering or leaving the battlefield would cause an ability to trigger, counter that ability unless its controller pays .
1,T: Copy target activated ability from an artifact or creature source you don't control.

IIW: The playtesters have opted to axe a few cards from the new set you're working on called Throne of Eldraine. Replace one of these cards at the same rarity, color, mana value, and card type:
Cards
Show
Hide
Oko, Thief of Crowns, The Great Henge, Questing Beast, Cauldron Familiar, Bonecrusher Giant and for some reason Oakhame Ranger.

You can use the same flavor if you want, but not the exact same name.

Inept Apprentice 1UR
Creature – Goblin Wizard (R)
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, target spell or ability becomes a copy of it. (It resolves and enters the battlefield as a creature or a creature token.)
"And now we'll have to deal with three more of you... truly wonderful!" — Garamillo, Countermagic Savant
1/1

Last edited by avatarz 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

Manadrinker Ooze GUR
Creature - Ooze
2: The next time another activated ability is activated or a triggered ability is triggered, Manadrinker Ooze gains a copy of that ability until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on Manadrinker Ooze.
1/1

Next: Spiders without reach

Megiddo
MEG

1 year ago
Inept Apprentice 1UR
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, target spell becomes a copy of it. (It resolves and enters the battlefield as a creature.)
"And now we'll have to deal with three more of you... truly wonderful!" — Garamillo, Countermagic Savant
1/1

quoting so you can't edit your invalid entry away.

Goblinmancer 1UR
Flash
When Goblinmancer enters the battlefield, target activated or triggered ability becomes a 1/1 red Goblin. (Rather than the ability resolving, its controller will create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token.)
"We taught him how to cast spells wrong, as a joke." — Avatarz, Transformagic Savant
1/1
MEG

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago

Goblinmancer 1UR
Flash
When Goblinmancer enters the battlefield, target activated or triggered ability becomes a 1/1 red Goblin. (Rather than the ability resolving, its controller will create a 1/1 red Goblin creature token.)
"We taught him how to cast spells wrong, as a joke." — Avatarz, Transformagic Savant
1/1
TIMESTAMPS MATTER

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Eccentricaster UR
Creature - Human Wizard {R}
Flash
When Eccentricaster enters the battlefield, choose one —
• Counter up to one target activated ability you don't control.
• Copy up to one target triggered ability you control. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/1

IIW: Moldal spells
Perfectly fine Izzet-y rare creature. Name rolls off the tongue. I like the internal-mirrored structure here.
ApocalypseChive wrote:
1 year ago
Moment of Weakness 2UU
Instant (R)
You may change the target of target activated ability with a single target. If the source of that ability is a nonland permanent, gain control of that permanent.
At the moment that the sphinx reached out with a psychic barrage, Jace found his opening and struck.

IIW: worldsouls and/or soul of <oldwalker>
Awesome flavor-to-function match. This feels like a Core Set story spotlight (like specifically from Magic Origins) in the best way. Certainly a swingy card that turns the game around, but also a situational one.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Irritation Engine 2
Artifact (R)
If an artifact or creature entering or leaving the battlefield would cause an ability to trigger, counter that ability unless its controller pays .
1,T: Copy target activated ability from an artifact or creature source you don't control.

IIW: The playtesters have opted to axe a few cards from the new set you're working on called Throne of Eldraine. Replace one of these cards at the same rarity, color, mana value, and card type:
Cards
Show
Hide
Oko, Thief of Crowns, The Great Henge, Questing Beast, Cauldron Familiar, Bonecrusher Giant and for some reason Oakhame Ranger.

You can use the same flavor if you want, but not the exact same name.
This is a little fiddly. Okay, it's a lot fiddly - what the heck is the bare Phyrexian symbol supposed to represent, 1 or 2 life? 2 or 2 life? Not sure I get much flavor out of this other than it is pretty irritating.
1 year ago
Inept Apprentice 1UR
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, target spell or ability becomes a copy of it. (It resolves and enters the battlefield as a creature or a creature token.)
1/1

Megiddo noted that this didn't fit the prompt at first. Now it does, and the flavor's incredible, but I'm not sure the part where this works on abilities quite... works in the rules? Definitely would need some CompRules hacking, but a super super fun, wacky counterspell.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
Manadrinker Ooze GUR
Creature - Ooze
2: The next time another activated ability is activated or a triggered ability is triggered, Manadrinker Ooze gains a copy of that ability until end of turn. Put a +1/+1 counter on Manadrinker Ooze.
1/1

Next: Spiders without reach
Okay I love stuff like this - I design stuff like this - but this is nothing if not an unbelievable tracking and complexity headache. Give me more ability mimicking Oozes though!
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
1 year ago
Inept Apprentice 1UR
Flash
When ~ enters the battlefield, target spell becomes a copy of it. (It resolves and enters the battlefield as a creature.)
1/1

Goblinmancer 1UR
Flash
1/1
You were correct on this point. Very droll. That still doesn't count for anything.

HM: avatarz
Winner: @ApocalypseChive
Next: worldsouls and/or soul of <oldwalker>

Ulka

Soul of Kaladesh 4EE
Creature - Avatar (M)
At the beginning of each upkeep, as long as Soul of Kaladesh is on the battlefield or in your graveyard, you get E.
3EE: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control and draw a card.
3EE, Exile Soul of Kaladesh from your graveyard: Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control and draw a card.
6/6

IIW: Energy is back in Modern Horizons 3 and you need to design a missing rare card for the set

Megiddo
MEG

Soul of the Prison Realm 6
Creature - Avatar {M}
Ward 1
7: Exile target creature until Soul of the Prison Realm leaves the battlefield.
7, Exile Soul of the Prison Realm from your graveyard: Exile target creature.
6/6

IIW: two-way
MEG

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

Progenitus, the Sundered Worldsoul 2WUBRG
Legendary Creature - Hydra Avatar (Mythic)
Flash
Lifelink, haste
At the beginning of the end step, sacrifice Progenitus, the Sundered Worldsoul.
When Progenitus dies, for each color, create a 2/2 Hydra Avatar creature token that is that color and has protection from that color.
10/10

iiw vampire hunters
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Soul of Rabiah 4RR
Creature — Avatar (M)
Haste
2R: Put a drought counter on target land. It gains "Whenever this land becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to you." and becomes a Desert in addition to its other types. (This effect doesn't end at end of turn.)
2R, Exile ~ from your graveyard: Put a drought counter on target land. It gains "Whenever this land becomes tapped, it deals 1 damage to you." and becomes a Desert in addition to its other types.
6/6

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”