NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Enter the Mindfield 1U
Instant (U)
Target creature you control becomes astral until end of turn. It fights up to one target creature an opponent controls.
(Astral creatures deal and receive psychic damage. If a creature would be destroyed by damage that includes psychic, return it to its owner's hand. Whenever a player is dealt psychic damage, they may pay that much mana, otherwise that source's controller draws a card.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Knot Octopus 3U
Creature - Octopus (C)
When Knot Octopus enters the battlefield, another target creature you control tangles with up to one target creature an opponent controls. (Tap them both. Neither of them untaps during its controller's untap step as long as the other is tapped.)
3/3

IIW: Cards from a new kind of graveyard-themed set
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

I have no idea of what I'm doing.

Intercept
1{U}
Instant (U)
Target creature you control intercepts target spell. (Tap that creature. Return that spell to its owner's hand if its mana value is equal to or less than that creature's toughness.)
Draw a card.

IIW: Unconventional Oozes
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Ok, break it up!
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Debate 1U
Instant (C)
Target creature you control debates target creature an opponent controls (if one of them is smarter, it wins the debate and its controller draws a card. Tap each creature that didn't win. A creature's smartness equals its mana value minus its base power.)

IIW: lose steam
This is a bit wonky in that pump effects are bad, but I get the motivation here. This is essentially half a Frost Breath that can be foiled by removal that also sometimes draws you a card. If they remove your creature in response, does your opponent automatically win the debate and draw a card?
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
The problem is that blue doesn't have damage in its color pie.

Crushing knowledge 1U
Instant
Return target permanent or spell to its owner's hand if its mana value is less than or equal to the number of cards in your hand plus 1. If the permanent or spell is returned to its owner's hand this way, that player can't cast spells with the same name as that card until your next turn.
Scry 1.

Best I can do boss, your hand fights their thing.

IIW: The wolves are at the door.
Yeah, this isn't really in blue's color pie. I kinda wish this did something more consistently if you were hellbent/heckbent, but I get the theme here. I think I'd like it as always bounce and then they can't recast it based on your hand size.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Fated Conflict 6UU
Sorcery
Exile the top card of your library until you exile a creature card. Put that creature into play. It fights target creature an opponent controls. If only one creature dies due to the fight, foretell spells cost 2 less to cost until the end of turn.
Foretell 3UU

IIW: Fun with the Exile Zone
Ooh, a Polymorph variant that doesn't actually require a starting body. This is almost definitely going to function primarily as a 5-mana spell to put your Emrakul, the Aeons Torn into play if they have a creature. I assume it's intentional that you can't cast this if your opponent doesn't have a creature/fizzles if they remove it in response?
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Enter the Mindfield 1U
Instant (U)
Target creature you control becomes astral until end of turn. It fights up to one target creature an opponent controls.
(Astral creatures deal and receive psychic damage. If a creature would be destroyed by damage that includes psychic, return it to its owner's hand. Whenever a player is dealt psychic damage, they may pay that much mana, otherwise that source's controller draws a card.)
This feels pretty convoluted, but this does put fighting into blue's color pie.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Knot Octopus 3U
Creature - Octopus (C)
When Knot Octopus enters the battlefield, another target creature you control tangles with up to one target creature an opponent controls. (Tap them both. Neither of them untaps during its controller's untap step as long as the other is tapped.)
3/3

IIW: Cards from a new kind of graveyard-themed set
I like that this is, essentially, a blue Banisher Priest with a few extra steps. It's pretty cool that you can trade your worst creature for their best, but that it gets undone by removing the other creature. On the flip side, like Palace Jailer, if something happens to your octopus, your other creature is still tangling, which is neat. I'm all for this.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
I have no idea of what I'm doing.

Intercept
1{U}
Instant (U)
Target creature you control intercepts target spell. (Tap that creature. Return that spell to its owner's hand if its mana value is equal to or less than that creature's toughness.)
Draw a card.

IIW: Unconventional Oozes
Not sold on intercepting, but I'm not against it. I wish the creature only tapped based on mana value too, though.

HMs: Ulka, juancu for Debate
Winner: void_nothing
Next: Cards from a new kind of graveyard-themed set
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Fated Conflict 6UU
Sorcery
Exile the top card of your library until you exile a creature card. Put that creature into play. It fights target creature an opponent controls. If only one creature dies due to the fight, foretell spells cost 2 less to cost until the end of turn.
Foretell 3UU

IIW: Fun with the Exile Zone
Ooh, a Polymorph variant that doesn't actually require a starting body. This is almost definitely going to function primarily as a 5-mana spell to put your Emrakul, the Aeons Torn into play if they have a creature. I assume it's intentional that you can't cast this if your opponent doesn't have a creature/fizzles if they remove it in response?
You are correct in that it was intentional that if they don't have a creature or removed their creature that I wanted this to fizzle. I figured given that it likely would be used to snag an eldrazi titan if it were printed that I wanted it to have an out while also having the downside of exiling a decent chunk of your library so it very much is a sneak/show card that is very much all in but doesn't rely on you having the card in hand,
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Without the Great Aurora to refresh the energy of the plane, its denizens began to have to resort to other methods to gain strength. Come and see what power you can find within the GRAVES OF LORWYN

Oona, the unforgotten
Legendary Creature - Zombie Faerie
Necrotic (As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may exile a card that shares a color with this spell from your graveyard. If you do, this creature enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.)
Flying
When Oona, the unforgotten enters the battlefield, [duress text goes here, except that it exiles]
1/0

Galiana Teeg GW
Legendary Creature - Kithkin Warrior
Players can't exile cards from graveyards to cast spells or activate abilities.
Cards in graveyards can't be the target of spells or abilities.
"My father imposed order on our world, and I will not see his legacy tainted by this new blight!"
2/2

Wort, Boggart Digger 3RB
Legendary Creature - Goblin Shaman
Once during each of your turns, you may cast a goblin spell from your graveyard by exiling two cards that share a color with that spell as an additional cost.
At the beginning of each end step, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature that shares a color with a card exiled from your graveyard this turn.
4/4

Remnant of Ashling xrr
Sorcery
Grave conspire (as you cast this spell, you may exile any number of cards from your graveyard with a total mana valiue equal to or greater than this spell's mana value. If you do, copy this spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.)
Remnant of Ashling deals x damage to any target

The idea of this set is that it's one that wants to use your graveyard by exiling it for power for the creatures you're playing out, rather than getting things back. (Well, wort does, but she also exiles.) Most of the time, once things are dead, they stay that way, and are used as power for the living.

Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

My intention is to judge tomorrow no matter what.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

haha
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Witherbloom's Folio 1G
Artifact (U)
When Witherbloom's Folio enters the battlefield, your memory increases 1. (When a nonland card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may move into to your memory instead. If your memory is full, you must exile a card from your memory first.)
2G, T: Return target creature card from your memory to your hand. Activate this ability only as a sorcery, and only if you did not memorize that creature this turn.
When you memorize Witherbloom's Folio, scry 1 and gain 1 life.

Alumnus Rearchetect 2R
Creature- Elephant Shaman (R)
When Alumnus Rearchetect enters the battlefield if you have no memory, your memory increases 1. (When a nonland card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may move into to your memory instead. If your memory is full, you must exile a card from your memory first.)
R, Sacrifice a permanent and discard a card: Draw a card.
When you memorize an artifact creature or vehicle, create a token that's a copy of the memorized artifact except it's not a creature. Exile the token if the memorized card leaves your memory.
1/4

Mage's Scroll 1
Artifact (C)
1, T, Sacrifice Mage's Scroll: If you have no memory, your memory increases by one. Then you may memorize Mage's Scroll or any nonland card from your graveyard or hand. Activate this ability as a sorcery. (When a nonland card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may move into to your memory instead. If your memory is full, you must exile a card from your memory first.)
When you memorize Mage's Scroll, draw a card.

Professor of Runic Arts 3U
Creature- Orc Wizard (R)
Flash
When Professor of Runic Arts the battlefield if you have no memory, your memory increases by 1.
Once per turn, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell from your memory. Spells cast in this way cost an additional 2 and are exiled as they resolve. You may not cast a spell in this way if you memorized it this turn.
3/3
Unnecessary extras
Show
Hide
I decided to change so that the standard is to increase never above one. Anything that can increase your memory beyond that should have a flavor justification.

Symeomancy U
Instant (U)
If you have no memory, your memory increases 1.
Mill 1. Draw 1 card. Discard 1 card.
When an opponent casts a spell with mana value 1, that player may pay 1. If they don't, you may cast this spell from your memory. Exile it as it resolves if you do.

Ode of the Ancients 2W
Enchantment (R)
When Ode of the Ancients enters the battlefield, your memory increases 1.
As long as there is a creature in your memory, creatures you control get +1/+1.
When you memorize Ode of the Ancients, gain 5 life.

Glaring Professor 1B
Creature- Bat Wizard (U)
Flying
When Glaring Professor enters the battlefield, each opponent's memory decreases 1. Then each player mills 2 cards.
Few pass his class. None enjoy it.
1/2

Halls of the Biblioplex
Land (R)
When Halls of the Biblioplex enters the battlefield, if you have no memory, you may have it enter the battlefield tapped. If you do, your memory increases 1.
2,T: Put a study counter on a card in your memory. Then if it has three or more study counters on it, you may put it into your hand.
T: Add C.
IIW: Eldraine
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 11 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

my dream is to play with over my dead bodies one day so

Grave Goblin 2B
Creature — Goblin Zombie (C)
Whenever Grave Goblin deals combat damage to an opponent, you mill a card.
Undeath (As long as this creature is in a graveyard, it may attack as though it were on the battlefield, can block or be blocked only by creature cards in graveyards, and exiles any creature it deals combat damage to.)
1/2

IIW: Weather

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Well three entries is certainly not a lot but if need be this is what I'll judge later today.

Ulka

FROM THE NEW HIT SET: CONSPIRACY 3:GRAVE BUISSNESS COMES A NEW DRAFT INNOVATION SET FEATURING THE GRAVEYARD ZONE HEAVILY.

Death Caller 2
Artifact Creature - Construct
Draft Death Caller face up.
As you draft a creature card, you may reveal it. If you do remove the creature card drafted from the draft and turn Death Caller facedown.
Start each game with the removed creature in your graveyard.
0/1

Faked Death
Conspiracy (C)
Hidden Agenda -(Start the game with this conspiracy face down in the command zone and secretly choose a card name. You may turn this conspiracy face up any time and reveal that name.)
Whenever a creature you control with the chosen name dies, return it to the battlefield and exile Faked Death.

Empty Graves
Conspiracy (U)
(Start the game with this conspiracy face up in the command zone.)
Turn Empty Graves face down: Until the end of turn, anytime a creature would go to the graveyard, exile it instead.

IIW: A card to you think the poster above you would like

Juancu

Beloved Mentor 3W
Creature - Human Monk (C)
As Beloved Mentor dies, you may put it in your mausoleum (it's part of your graveyard that can't be exiled, and holds up to three cards with different names.)
If Beloved Mentor is in your mausoleum, creatures you control have +1/+1.
2/3

IIW: nobles / paupers

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Befouled Pontiff 2B
Creature — Zombie Cleric (U)
Lifelink
Desecrated (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, if this card is in your graveyard, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, if Befouled Pontiff and three or more other creature cards are in your graveyard, exile Befouled Pontiff. If you do, put a lifelink counter on that creature.
3/1

A set with an graveyard-based exalted mechanic in at least one of the wedges (I'm thinking Mardu), and various thresholds where they self-exile to generate additional effects like above.

IIW: Green ponder variants
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Without the Great Aurora to refresh the energy of the plane, its denizens began to have to resort to other methods to gain strength. Come and see what power you can find within the GRAVES OF LORWYN

Oona, the unforgotten
Legendary Creature - Zombie Faerie
Necrotic (As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may exile a card that shares a color with this spell from your graveyard. If you do, this creature enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.)
Flying
When Oona, the unforgotten enters the battlefield, [duress text goes here, except that it exiles]
1/0

Galiana Teeg GW
Legendary Creature - Kithkin Warrior
Players can't exile cards from graveyards to cast spells or activate abilities.
Cards in graveyards can't be the target of spells or abilities.
"My father imposed order on our world, and I will not see his legacy tainted by this new blight!"
2/2

Wort, Boggart Digger 3RB
Legendary Creature - Goblin Shaman
Once during each of your turns, you may cast a goblin spell from your graveyard by exiling two cards that share a color with that spell as an additional cost.
At the beginning of each end step, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature that shares a color with a card exiled from your graveyard this turn.
4/4

Remnant of Ashling xrr
Sorcery
Grave conspire (as you cast this spell, you may exile any number of cards from your graveyard with a total mana valiue equal to or greater than this spell's mana value. If you do, copy this spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.)
Remnant of Ashling deals x damage to any target

The idea of this set is that it's one that wants to use your graveyard by exiling it for power for the creatures you're playing out, rather than getting things back. (Well, wort does, but she also exiles.) Most of the time, once things are dead, they stay that way, and are used as power for the living.

Nice out-of-the-box choice for a setting. Going to crit mechanics and cards - necrotic looks totally serviceable and boring, and Oona herself... Duress shouldn't be blue, and I don't like the idea of a 2/1 flyer that hits such an impactful ETB ability for one mana. Galiana is a fine hoser, and I like the flavor text a lot. Wort's pretty neat, but I feel like this should be a new character given the mechanics and the amount of time that's presumably passed. Remnant of Ashling is fun - I like self-copying X spells - but grave conspire plain doesn't feel like conspire, it's closer to delve in execution.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Witherbloom's Folio 1G
Artifact (U)
When Witherbloom's Folio enters the battlefield, if you have no memory, your memory increases 1. (When a nonland card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may move into to your memory instead. If your memory is full, you must exile a card from your memory first.)
2G, T: Return target creature card from your memory to your hand. Activate this ability only as a sorcery, and only if you did not memorize that creature this turn.
When you memorize Witherbloom's Folio, scry 1 and gain 1 life.

Alumnus Rearchetect 2R
Creature- Elephant Shaman (U)
When Alumnus Rearchetect enters the battlefield, your memory increases 1. (When a nonland card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may move into to your memory instead. If your memory is full, you must exile a card from your memory first.)
R, Sacrifice a permanent and discard a card: Draw a card.
When you memorize an artifact creature or vehicle, create a token that's a copy of the memorized artifact except it's not a creature. Exile the token if the memorized card leaves your memory.
1/4

Mage's Scroll 1
Artifact (C)
1, T, Sacrifice Mage's Scroll: If you have no memory, your memory increases by one. Then you may memorize Mage's Scroll or any nonland card from your graveyard or hand. Activate this ability as a sorcery. (When a nonland card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, you may move into to your memory instead. If your memory is full, you must exile a card from your memory first.)
When you memorize Mage's Scroll, draw a card.

Professor of Runic Arts 3U
Creature- Orc Wizard (R)
Flash
When Professor of Runic Arts the battlefield, your memory increases by 1.
Once per turn, you may cast an instant or sorcery spell from your memory. Spells cast in this way cost an additional 2 and are exiled as they resolve. You may not cast a spell in this way if you memorized it this turn.
3/3
Unnecessary extras
Show
Hide
In case it seems random, only the more expensive cards can increase your memory beyond 1.

Symeomancy U
Instant (C)
If you have no memory, your memory increases 1.
Mill 1. Draw 1 card. Discard 1 card.
When an opponent casts a spell with mana value 1, that player may pay 1. If they don't, you may cast this spell from your memory.

Ode of the Ancients 2W
Enchantment (R)
When Ode of the Ancients enters the battlefield, your memory increases 1.
As long as there is a creature in your memory, creatures you control get +1/+1.
When you memorize Ode of the Ancients, gain 5 life.

Glaring Professor 1B
Creature- Bat Wizard (U)
Flying
When Glaring Professor enters the battlefield, each opponent's memory decreases 1. Then each player mills 2 cards.
Few pass his class. None enjoy it.
1/2

Halls of the Biblioplex
Land (R)
When Halls of the Biblioplex enters the battlefield, if you have no memory, your memory increases 1.
2,T: Put a study counter on a card in you memory. Then if it has three or more study counters on it, you may put it into your hand.
T: Add C.
IIW: Eldraine
High-effort! I guess "memorize" means "move to your memory"? A lot of these look fun, but memory in general looks hard to track. Alumnus Rearchitect in particular looks lots of fun but abuseable. Symeomancy is particularly neat though.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
my dream is to play with over my dead bodies one day so

Grave Goblin 2B
Creature — Goblin Zombie (C)
Whenever Grave Goblin deals combat damage to an opponent, you mill a card.
Undeath (As long as this creature is in a graveyard, it may attack as though it were on the battlefield, can block or be blocked only by creature cards in graveyards, and exiles any creature it deals combat damage to.)
1/2

So simple yet so utterly complex - Over My Dead Bodies works because it's almost guaranteed there'll be multiple graveyard creatures to attack and block. Undeath, however, might often work out as damage to the face every turn, which is noninteractive/causes development issues. I'm with you, though, I WANT this to work.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
FROM THE NEW HIT SET: CONSPIRACY 3:GRAVE BUISSNESS COMES A NEW DRAFT INNOVATION SET FEATURING THE GRAVEYARD ZONE HEAVILY.

Death Caller 2
Artifact Creature - Construct
Draft Death Caller face up.
As you draft a creature card, you may reveal it. If you do remove the creature card drafted from the draft and turn Death Caller facedown.
Start each game with the removed creature in your graveyard.
0/1

Faked Death
Conspiracy (C)
Hidden Agenda -(Start the game with this conspiracy face down in the command zone and secretly choose a card name. You may turn this conspiracy face up any time and reveal that name.)
Whenever a creature you control with the chosen name dies, return it to the battlefield and exile Faked Death.

Empty Graves
Conspiracy (U)
(Start the game with this conspiracy face up in the command zone.)
Turn Empty Graves face down: Until the end of turn, anytime a creature would go to the graveyard, exile it instead.

IIW: A card to you think the poster above you would like
Death Caller is just - *chef kiss*. Conspiracies look good too. Conspiracy + graveyard themes would be wacky and probably mostly OP - I want to play that environment. No notes. Wonderful IIW too.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Beloved Mentor 3W
Creature - Human Monk (C)
As Beloved Mentor dies, you may put it in your mausoleum (it's part of your graveyard that can't be exiled, and holds up to three cards with different names.)
If Beloved Mentor is in your mausoleum, creatures you control have +1/+1.
2/3

IIW: nobles / paupers
Mausoleum is clean, innovative, and... difficult to implement comp-rules-wise. A simple common - I appreciate that - as well as appreciate it being not black. Again, very neat idea that would make the rules manager annoyed.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Befouled Pontiff 2B
Creature — Zombie Cleric (U)
Lifelink
Desecrated (Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, if this card is in your graveyard, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, if Befouled Pontiff and three or more other creature cards are in your graveyard, exile Befouled Pontiff. If you do, put a lifelink counter on that creature.
3/1

A set with an graveyard-based exalted mechanic in at least one of the wedges (I'm thinking Mardu), and various thresholds where they self-exile to generate additional effects like above.

IIW: Green ponder variants
Would like to use this in a "Grixis takes over all of Alara" setting. Having an automatic cutoff switch is at least reasonable and I appreciate you putting that in.

HMs: Everyone
Winner: @Ulka
Next: A card to you think the poster above you would like

Mergatroid_Jones

For Void Nothing... an entree for the collaborative create a booster thread that has been lying untouched for two weeks. And an attempt to make enablers between the existing mechanics.

Blazing Charioteers 2RR
Creature- Warrior (U)
Bright-- Blazing Charioteers has haste as long as two or more spells have been cast this turn.
When Blazing Charioteers enters the battlefield, add RR.
"First come the trumpets of dawn twelve by twelve. Next come the chariots numberless." - Khyrud, Mad Prophet
3/1

Fungal Paradise
Land (U)
T: Put a growth counter on Fungal Paradise.
T, Remove a growth counter from Fungal Paradise: Add one mana of any color.
Long before Rhyfel's before the First Dawn, the mushroom jungles glowed in unseen luminescence.

Chiroptan Skycaptain 4WW
Creature- Bat Soldier (U)
Flying, Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for {1} or one mana of that creature's color.)
Blindsight-- As long as Chiroptan Skycaptain is tapped, it can block as though it were untapped.
Other tapped creatures you control can block as though they were unapped as long as they are blocking the same creature as Chiroptan Skycaptain.
3/3

IIW: The wild west set we've been hearing rumors about? It's actually set on (your choice of Innistrad, Zendikar, Ixalan, Kaladesh, or Kamigawa).
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

For M_J - a complex little system with flavor relying on the deep lore.

Stratian Forerunner 2W
Creature - Human Soldier Warrior (U)
Vigilance
Whenever a creature named Flesheater Vanguard enters the battlefield under your control, each player draws a card.
Whenever a creature named Oromai Sharpeye you control attacks, create a 1/1 red and white Warrior creature token.
2/2

Flesheater Vanguard 2B
Creature - Human Soldier Berserker (U)
Lifelink
Whenever a creature named Oromai Sharpeye enters the battlefield under your control, Flesheater Vanguard deals 1 damage to target opponent.
Whenever a creature named Stratian Forerunner you control attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
2/2

Oromai Sharpeye 2R
Creature - Human Soldier Archer (U)
First strike
Whenever a creature named Stratian Forerunner enters the battlefield under your control, Oromai Sharpeye deals 1 damage to target creature an opponent controls.
Whenever a creature named Flesheater Vanguard you control attacks, create a Gold token.
2/2

IIW: "deals 7 damage"

Megiddo
MEG

CONSPIRACY 3:GRAVE BUSSYNESS

edit: since juancu made me a card for that post I owe void one

Amudov the Great 3RG
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior {R}
When Amudov the Great enters the battlefield, tap target creature you control and target creature of an opponent's choice they control. Those creatures fight each other. Repeat this process twice, except players can't choose a creature they already chose for this ability.
4/4

IIW: keep me in suspense
Last edited by Megiddo 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
MEG

Juancu

Tough Mul W
Creature - Human Dwarf Slave (C)
Auction (Rather than draft this card, place it face down on the table with one of your coins on it. After the draft, cards are revealed in order, and other players may increase the bid. You get your coin plus the bid if another player wins it.)
2/2

For Megiddo, a card for cube. It's a spicier take than would be acceptable in Magic, but a Dark Sun crossover sounds at least plausible. Players would have 8 coins with their names on it (names only matter to mark 'ownership' of a pick, otherwise they are fungible.)

IIW: stickers or ability counters.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

For Juan: Templating experiments (well I've done similar before)

Hemotoxic Roots 1G
Sorcery (U)
Put a -1/-1 counter with strifeborn on target creature. (For as long as it has that counter, being dealt damage or becoming the target of a spell also causes another -1/-1 counter to be placed on it.)
You may play an additional land this turn.

Rules notes: Any kind of counter can have strifeborn, and the counters placed are of the same type as that counter. These counters do not have strifeborn themselves.

IIW: Splashy Samurai

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

For void_nothing: a weird as butts signpost uncommon. I have no idea if I'm doing this design right but I think that means I'm at least doing this prompt right.

Maranov of Biotic Lab IV 2GU
Legendary Creature — Elf Wizard Druid (U)
If you would put one or more +1/+1 counters on a creature you control, you may instead create a token that's a copy of a creature token you control, then put those +1/+1 counters on the copy. Do this only once each turn.
3GU: Adapt 3.
3/3

Megiddo
MEG

for spacemonaut, since I cannot help but think about this every time you post:

Terror Castle of the Jupiter Moon Martians 3BB
Sorcery {R} [acorn]
Players play a Magic subgame, using their libraries as their decks. During the subgame, any time they could cast a sorcery, players may pay the mana cost of a creature they control in the main game to bring it into the subgame. The winner returns all creatures they control from the subgame to the main game.

IIW: Mysteries Unsolved
MEG

Ulka

I will judge tonight or tomorrow night

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

For Meg: A legendary rare with simple text

Piolrux, Sol Lich 1WUB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Artificer (R)
Artifact creatures you control get +1/+1 and have "T: Add CC."
Sacrifice a nontoken artifact, Pay 3 life: Create a 1/1 colorless Gnome creature token.
"Now, my clockwork host, work to your true potential!"
3/3

For Ulka: It's obvious

Benthic Elite 3U
Creature - Cephalid Soldier (R)
Whenever Benthic Elite becomes the target of a spell or ability, counter that spell or ability and mill five cards.
1B, Mill five cards: Benthic Elite gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it. Activate only once per turn.
4/3

IIW: Cumulative upkeep

Mergatroid_Jones

For Juancu

Something weeeeird

Library Drone 4
Artifact Creature- Insect (C)
: Scry 1.(Tap your library to pay . Your library is not a permanent, but if it is tapped, it untaps during its owner's untap step.)
2/3

Prodigal Sparkmage 2R
Creature- Human Wizard
: Prodigal Sparkmage deals 1 damage to any target. (Tap your library to pay . Your library is not a permanent, but if it is tapped, it untaps during its owner's untap step.)
1/1

IIW: Demons of Tarkir

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”