(T: Add G.)
MEG

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 11 months ago

Boseiju, who corrupts
Legendary Land - Forest
This land enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a phyrexian creature.
Whenever mana from Boseiju is spent to cast a phyrexian creature spell, that spell can't be countered, and it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.

IIW: Take a star trek episode title, and design a card around it (does not have to work with the episode plot at all)
easy: the visitor, emissary
medium: Far beyond the stars, in the pale moonlight
hard: Amok Time, mirror mirror
S: Inter arma enim silent leges, the butcher's knife cares not for the lamb's cries

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 11 months ago

Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Causality 1
The MTG ability is Casualty, however I'm not sure if that's what @NinjaCaterpie intended or not.

Tree of the Penitentiary
3{B}{G}
Creature - Plant (M)
Defender
As Tree of the Penitentiary enters the battlefield, choose a player.
At the beginning of the chosen player's upkeep, that player's life total becomes 13.
0/13

IIW: Put (a) petal counter(s)
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 11 months ago

It was indeed supposed to be causality, as in cause and effect, but I'll take casualty as well.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
Segovian Redwood 2
Artifact — Equipment {C}
Equipped creature gets +1/+1 and has "G, T, Sacrifice Segovian Redwood: Search your library for a Forest card, put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle."
Equip 2

IIW: do we have a reverse segovia plane yet? do something from there
Is this a big tree, given it's Segovian? Cute card - is the idea that the active is planting the tree, or is it just a tenuous link
Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Treefall 2G
Sorcery (U)
Sacrifice a forest or a treefolk. Treefall deals damage equal to the amount of forest you control plus 1.
Causality 1
If a Treefolk has died this turn, draw a card.

IIW: Amonket is back
I see where this card is going in general, but it feels very out of colour in a weird way. Not a fan.
Megiddo wrote:
11 months ago
Gargantikari Bonsai
Land — Forest {U}
(T: Add G.)
har har
chetoos wrote:
11 months ago
Boseiju, who corrupts
Legendary Land - Forest
This land enters the battlefield tapped unless you control a phyrexian creature.
Whenever mana from Boseiju is spent to cast a phyrexian creature spell, that spell can't be countered, and it enters the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on it.

IIW: Take a star trek episode title, and design a card around it (does not have to work with the episode plot at all)
S: Inter arma enim silent leges, the butcher's knife cares not for the lamb's cries
Did that happen to Boseiju? Poor guy. It's a bit hard to gauge utility land power, but I'm going to lean to this being quite strong since there's no ongoing cost to it - the ETB tapped is tough, but overall I feel like it compares dangerously to the first Boseiju. Props for the fun factor of now having 6 different types mentioned on variants of Boseiju.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
11 months ago
Ulka wrote:
11 months ago
Causality 1
The MTG ability is Casualty, however I'm not sure if that's what @NinjaCaterpie intended or not.

Tree of the Penitentiary
3{B}{G}
Creature - Plant (M)
Defender
As Tree of the Penitentiary enters the battlefield, choose a player.
At the beginning of the chosen player's upkeep, that player's life total becomes 13.
0/13

IIW: Put (a) petal counter(s)
An interesting and expected tree. I can't imagine ever really using this on an opponent, unless you're REALLY winning and can nail 13 in one turn; on the other hand, it seems very hard to deal with for aggro decks. I guess it's probably fine as a 5 mana otherwise do nothing.
Winner: Ulka for the tree
Next: Put (a) petal counter(s)

chetoos

Et in arcadia Ego 2WU
Enchantment - Saga
| - Create a karnstruct
|| - Put a petal counter on a number of target creatures, up to the number of constructs you control. Tap those creatures, they don't untap during their controllers next untap step.
||| - Remove any number of petal counters from any number of target creatures, then search your library for an artifact with mana value equal to or less than the number of counters removed this way. Put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle.

Last edited by chetoos 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
11 months ago
Wait, Ulka, or me?

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 11 months ago

@NinjaCaterpie the challenge was "'big trees'" not "big trees"

also yes, planting it. correct.
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

I think everybody is a little tired today.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 11 months ago

Petal Chanter BB
Creature- Human Warlock (U)
When Petal Chanter enters the battlefield, put 8 petal counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a petal counter from Petal Chanter.
They Love Me-- When Petal Chanter leaves the battlefield, if it had an odd number of counters on it, target player draws 2 cards and loses 2 life.
They Love Me Not-- When Petal Chanter leaves the battlefield, if it had an even number of counters on it, target player discards 2 cards. If they can't, they lose 2 life.
2/1

Lotus Garden
Land (R)
T: Add C.
T: Put a petal counter on Lotus Garden.
T, Remove three petal counters from Lotus Garden: Add three mana of any one color.

Bloom Bringer 1G
Creature- Elemental (R)
Vigilance
When Bloom Bringer enters the battlefield, put a petal counter on each creature you control. Those creatures gain "T, Remove a petal counter from this creature: Add ." ( can be one mana of any type. You cannot spend more than one per turn.)
1/3

IIW: Jolly joy about the multiverse

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 11 months ago

11 months ago
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
11 months ago
Wait, Ulka, or me?
Gotta be you.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 11 months ago

Gruul Gardener RG
Creature — Human Berserker Shaman (R)
Menace
Whenever Gruul Gardener deals combat damage to a player, put a petal counter on target nonbasic land defending player controls. It becomes a Forest.
Whenever an opponent taps a land with a petal counter on it for mana, add G. Until the end of your next turn, you don't lose that mana as steps and phases end.
3/1

IIW: Something relentless
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

chetoos wrote:
11 months ago
Et in arcadia Ego 2WU
Enchantment - Saga
| - Create a karnstruct
|| - Put a petal counter on a number of target creatures, up to the number of constructs you control. Tap those creatures, they don't untap during their controllers next untap step.
||| - Remove any number of petal counters from any number of target creatures, then search your library for an artifact with mana value equal to or less than the number of counters removed this way. Put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle.

Are...are all Star Trek episode synopses this long?

At any rate, I now see the petal connection to the space orchid, but I'm afraid I have no context for everything else. I only know the bald captain is Picard.

Anyway, might this be a bit too powerful? Plops out a planeswalker right off the bat, who then proceeds to add value.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
11 months ago
Petal Chanter BB
Creature- Human Warlock (U)
When Petal Chanter enters the battlefield, put 8 petal counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a petal counter from Petal Chanter.
They Love Me-- When Petal Chanter leaves the battlefield, if it had an odd number of counters on it, target player draws 2 cards and loses 2 life.
They Love Me Not-- When Petal Chanter leaves the battlefield, if it had an even number of counters on it, target player discards 2 cards. If they can't, they lose 2 life.
2/1

Lotus Garden
Land (R)
T: Add C.
T: Put a petal counter on Lotus Garden.
T, Remove three petal counters from Lotus Garden: Add three mana of any one color.

Bloom Bringer 1G
Creature- Elemental (R)
Vigilance
When Bloom Bringer enters the battlefield, put a petal counter on each creature you control. Those creatures gain "T, Remove a petal counter from this creature: Add ." ( can be one mana of any type. You cannot spend more than one per turn.)
1/3

IIW: Jolly joy about the multiverse
Ah, the expected Lotus card that uses petal counters (albeit it's a land). Can't really gauge the power; there's an old cycle of lands that can stock up on storage counters, but more modern storage lands force you to invest mana. This might be fine, since it works only in threes, but still...

Bloom Bringer also makes flavorful use of the petal counter, but it might be grossly undercosted.

The Warlock is the one I like best; it's the sort of design I wish I'd come up with.
Cythare wrote:
11 months ago
Gruul Gardener RG
Creature — Human Berserker Shaman (R)
Menace
Whenever Gruul Gardener deals combat damage to a player, put a petal counter on target nonbasic land defending player controls. It becomes a Forest.
Whenever an opponent taps a land with a petal counter on it for mana, add G. Until the end of your next turn, you don't lose that mana as steps and phases end.
3/1

IIW: Something relentless
Interesting, a new kind of land-hosing not involving destruction. Usually blue's mechanic, but maybe it can bleed into green? Interesting.

I'm concerned about the power level, however, especially in multiples, since you get to use that mana until next turn, and the evasion certainly helps. Still, it only works as long as you control the Gardener, so might be fine.

Results:
Winner:
Mergatroid_Jones for Petal Chanter.

NEXT:
Jolly joy about the multiverse

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 11 months ago

what is "joy" ?
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 11 months ago

Get em next season buddy
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Sporegorger_Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
11 months ago
Get em next season buddy
Ah, via my powerful deductive skills, it appears that the group of burly men performing strange rituals involving a spherical object that Megiddo supported were defeated by an identical group of strapping mean performing equally bizarre rituals with the same spherical object but did so more successfully.

chetoos

11 months ago

Anyway, might this be a bit too powerful? Plops out a planeswalker right off the bat, who then proceeds to add value.

My bad, I should have clarified on that point, but the first chapter makes a construct that gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control. They're referred to as karnstructs, because he was the first card to make them, but they also show up on cards related to urza.
Anyway, next submission:
Take Me out to the holosuite 3WB
Instant
Until end of turn, you can't lose the game and your opponent's can't win the game. If your life total would be reduced to less than 1, it becomes 1 instead.
At the beginning of your next end step, you gain 1 life for each creature that died this turn. If more creatures died under your control this turn than not under your control, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield with mana value less than or equal to the number of creatures that died not under your control this turn.
(TL;dr for the episode: the captain has to have his crew play baseball to try to humiliate his academy rival, but his rival's team is actually good at baseball. After losing 10-1, the captain's team chooses to celebrate that they got a run, denying the rival the satisfaction of a perfect game.)

chetoos

Mergatroid_Jones

Very difficult deliberations
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
11 months ago
Take Me out to the holosuite 3WB
Instant
Until end of turn, you can't lose the game and your opponent's can't win the game. If your life total would be reduced to less than 1, it becomes 1 instead.
At the beginning of your next end step, you gain 1 life for each creature that died this turn. If more creatures died under your control this turn than not under your control, return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield with mana value less than or equal to the number of creatures that died not under your control this turn.
This is wordy and confusing. It also does surprisingly little for the cost. Let's see how it compares to the other entrees.
Winner and next
Show
Hide
Doofenshmirtz, ahem, I mean Chetoos wins by default.
HM: Everyone else

Next:

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 11 months ago

The Least Dangerous Game 1G
Instant (R)
Search your library for a creature card with mana value 2 or less and put it onto the battlefield, then shuffle. When you do, that creature fights target creature with highest mana value among creatures you don't control.

Moist Vessel 3
Artifact (U)
Moist Vessel enters the battlefield tapped.
T: Add U.
T, Sacrifice Moist Vessel: Put a flood counter on target nonbasic land. It becomes an Island.

IIW: A small game creature
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Mergatroid_Jones

Cries of the Lamb BB
Sorcery (U)
Target player sacrifices a creature.
Create a food token for each creature that was sacrificed this turn.

Pale Moonlight 1U
Enchantment (R)
The first time a player taps a nonbasic land for mana in a turn, that land produces C instead of any other type.
Cycling 3

IIW: Snails and other slimy things. Bonus points outside of black and green.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 11 months ago

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges WRU
Enchantment (M)
You may cast spells during combat as though they had flash.

IIW: dual wielding
Last edited by NinjaCaterpie 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
11 months ago
Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
Now this is clever!

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 11 months ago

the butcher's knife cares not for the lamb's cries 2B
Sorcery
Destroy target tapped creature and create a food token.

IIW: Cards from Return to Return to Return to Ravnica but now its it's snowy
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 11 months ago

Strange Energies 2
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Flash
Strange Energies costs 2 less to cast if a player cast an artifact spell this turn.
Enchanted creature is a 4/4 God Head with flying, hexproof from instant and sorceries, and "This creature attacks each turn if able."

Temporal Edict 1U
Instant (U)
Target opponent chooses a creature they control. Tap it and put 3 stun counters on it.
Draw a card.

IIW: Old books
Last edited by Juancu 11 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

chetoos

Some other episode titles for inspiration before I go to bed: let this be your last battlefield, city on the edge of forever, for the world is hollow and I have touched the sky

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”