spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Mind's Shadow 1B
Creature — Avatar (R)
Trample
Mind's Shadow gets -X/-X, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
7/7

IIW: the gym

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Quandrix Inverter 2GU
Creature - Elf Wizard
1U, : Perpetually change the text of target non-planeswalker spell or permanent by replacing all - with +.
2G: Target creature you control gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
3/3

IIW: Planeswalkers taking a much earned vacation after beating Phyrexia.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

Brown Note XUB
Sorcery (R)
Each non-nightmare, non-horror creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. Each other player mills X cards.
Flashback XUUBB, Sacrifice a Bard.

IIW: Ravnica in Winter.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Mergatroid_Jones
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Ormannnus, the World GUR
Legendary Creature- Elemental (Commander mythic)
Trample, haste, ward 3
Ormannnus gets +1/+1 for each other permanent on the battlefield.
-8/-8

IIW: face down

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

This is just Transcendence but Worse 2BBBB
Enchantment {M}
You don't lose the game for having less than 0 life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life.

IIW: @CunningGabe judge soon please!
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Wretched Lich
1{B}{B}{B}
Enchantment (R)
If a source would deal damage to you while you have less than 0 life, instead you sacrifice that many permanents and you gain that much life.
When Wretched Lich is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you lose the game.

Basically, your opponent has to bring you to exactly 0 for you to lose (or until you're forced to sacrifice Wretched Lich). So if you're at -3 life, swinging with a 3/3 would end it, but a 5/5 would leave you at 2 life.

IIW: Black moth
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 1 year ago

Comments
Show
Hide
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Abhorrent Vacuum XBB
Enchantment (U)
When Abhorrent Vacuum enters the battlefield, up to one target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn.
Whenever a creature dies, if it had -1 or less toughness, each player loses 1 life.
The Mini Meathook Massacre! I think this could probably be either XB or else boost X some, since it's a pretty expensive removal spell with a relatively minor extra effect that sticks around.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Mind's Shadow 1B
Creature — Avatar (R)
Trample
Mind's Shadow gets -X/-X, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
7/7
I give this card one Grim Strider out of Nyxathid.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Quandrix Inverter 2GU
Creature - Elf Wizard
1U, : Perpetually change the text of target non-planeswalker spell or permanent by replacing all - with +.
2G: Target creature you control gets -3/-3 until end of turn.
3/3
I'm almost bummed you found the Planeswalker loophole, because it would be hilarious to drop a Planeswalker and just immediately ultimate. But anyway, I love this. Absolute Value tribal!
Krishnath wrote:
1 year ago
Brown Note XUB
Sorcery (R)
Each non-nightmare, non-horror creature gets -X/-X until end of turn. Each other player mills X cards.
Flashback XUUBB, Sacrifice a Bard.
I can't look at this one without laughing. "Sacrifice a Bard" completely slays me!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Ormannnus, the World GUR
Legendary Creature- Elemental (Commander mythic)
Trample, haste, ward 3
Ormannnus gets +1/+1 for each other permanent on the battlefield.
-8/-8
I can just imagine you trying to convince your buddy to play whatever token commander deck just so that you can break this monster out. Love it!
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
This is just Transcendence but Worse 2BBBB
Enchantment {M}
At the beginning of your upkeep, you gain 1 life.
Is it worse?? I mean, I guess if you have a deck with Transcendence then the gameplan is to disenchant it when you get back up to 20? Okay, this is worse. I give it -5 points, but you don't lose the competition for having less than 0 points.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Wretched Lich
1{B}{B}{B}
Enchantment (R)
If a source would deal damage to you while you have less than 0 life, instead you sacrifice that many permanents and you gain that much life.
When Wretched Lich is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, you lose the game.

Basically, your opponent has to bring you to exactly 0 for you to lose (or until you're forced to sacrifice Wretched Lich). So if you're at -3 life, swinging with a 3/3 would end it, but a 5/5 would leave you at 2 life.
Ohhh that's funky. I guess I would add clarification text of "(You do lose the game if you have exactly 0 life.)". That's a neat spin on this mechanic.
Winner
Show
Hide
Krishnath, for making me giggle with potty humor!
HM: cheetos for some fun math

Next up: Ravnica in Winter
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

Sporegorger_Dragon

Compost Heap
{B}{G}
Enchanment (U)
1{B}, Sacrifice a Swamp or Forest: You draw a card and you gain 1 life.
1{G}, Exile a creature or land card from your graveyard: Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
During the winter, the Golgari gather huge mounds of dead vegetation in their underground territories. As the plant material decays, it produces heat, and the Golgari regulate the temperature by tending to the mounds.

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Teysa's Guildmage 1{w/b}
Creature — Human Cleric {U}
Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {W/B}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, you may pay {W/B}. If you do, create a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying.
2/2

IIW: returning keywords
MEG

chetoos

Frostbite Krasis 2gu
Creature - Fish Beast
trample
Whenever a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it dies, put a stun counter on target creature you don't control.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
With the sudden cold front on Ravnica, most guilds focused on how to guard against the sudden chills. The Simic sought how to utilize the cold.
4/2

IIW: planeswalker vacations after beating phyrexia

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Brown Note is a sensory input that is directly harmful. Such as for example the gaze of a gorgon or basilisk.

More information can be found here (Warning, link leads to TVtropes, enter at your own risk.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Snosh, Frostman Commander 3UU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Each creature with a stun counter on it is a 4/3 white Golem and attacks each turn if able.
Whenever Snosh enters the battlefield or attacks, put a stun counter on up to 3 target untapped creatures.
3/5

IIW: spelljammer

chetoos

Not sure, but I think it's been 24 hours since the last entry. @Krishnath judge!

Mergatroid_Jones

Icebound UG
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Icebound enters the battlefield, tap enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
UG: Unatap enchanted creature and draw a card. Activate this ability only if enchanted creature is tapped.

IIW: Rhyming or alliterative card names

CunningGabe

Brrrrborygmos 3GGRR
Legendary Snow Creature - Cyclops (M)
Trample
When Brrrrborygmos deals combat damage to a player, it deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker, where X is the number of snow permanents you control.
7/6

IIW: Dominaria Divided

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Not sure, but I think it's been 24 hours since the last entry. @Krishnath judge!
Well, we got two more entries since that, but I do think it is time.
entries
Show
Hide
1 year ago
Compost Heap
{B}{G}
Enchanment (U)
1{B}, Sacrifice a Swamp or Forest: You draw a card and you gain 1 life.
1{G}, Exile a creature or land card from your graveyard: Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
During the winter, the Golgari gather huge mounds of dead vegetation in their underground territories. As the plant material decays, it produces heat, and the Golgari regulate the temperature by tending to the mounds.

While the flavor is on point, the card itself doesn't feel wintry at all. :cold: :cold: :cold:
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Teysa's Guildmage 1{w/b}
Creature — Human Cleric {U}
Whenever you cast a spell, you may pay {W/B}. If you do, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain that much life.
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, you may pay {W/B}. If you do, create a 1/1 white and black Spirit creature token with flying.
2/2

IIW: returning keywords
While this card hit's the Ravnica flavor quite well, this too lacks that wintery feel. :cold: :cold: :cold:
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Frostbite Krasis 2gu
Creature - Fish Beast
trample
Whenever a creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it dies, put a stun counter on target creature you don't control.
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
With the sudden cold front on Ravnica, most guilds focused on how to guard against the sudden chills. The Simic sought how to utilize the cold.
4/2

IIW: planeswalker vacations after beating phyrexia
This both feels Wintry and Ravnican. :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Snosh, Frostman Commander 3UU
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (R)
Each creature with a stun counter on it is a 4/3 white Golem and attacks each turn if able.
Whenever Snosh enters the battlefield or attacks, put a stun counter on up to 3 target untapped creatures.
3/5

This on the other hand does not feel Ravnican, nor does it feel particularly Wintry. This could have been a legendary in almost *any* set. :cold:
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Icebound UG
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant creature
When Icebound enters the battlefield, tap enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.
UG: Unatap enchanted creature and draw a card. Activate this ability only if enchanted creature is tapped.

IIW: Rhyming or alliterative card names
This feels a bit wintry, but it lacks that certain Ravnican feel. :cold: :cold: :cold:
CunningGabe wrote:
1 year ago
Brrrrborygmos 3GGRR
Legendary Snow Creature - Cyclops (M)
Trample
When Brrrrborygmos deals combat damage to a player, it deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker, where X is the number of snow permanents you control.
7/6

IIW: Dominaria Divided
This, this is Ravnican perfection in winter. :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:
And the Winner is... (drum roll please)
Show
Hide
@CunningGabe for hitting both that winter feel and that Ravnican flavor, with a perfectly cold Gruul card.

Next: Dominaria Divided

chetoos

I guess the best method for doing this is to imagine if the phyrexian sleeper agent plotline in DMU was extended over a whole set (I don't care if that was the plot of a whole set in the past, I didn't play then. Shhh)

Ajani's Suspicion gw
Enchantment
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control unless that player pays
"Until this invasion is dealt with, we can't trust anyone from outside our lands." Ajani Goldmane

Teferi's suspicion WU
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, draw a card unless that player pays . This ability only triggers once each turn.
"Until I have all the facts, I'm not going to let my guard down." Teferi, hero of dominaria

Jaya's suspicion 1R
Enchantment
If a source you control would deal damage to a creature or planeswalker you don't control, that source deals that much damage plus 1 instead.
"Until I can trust you, I'm going to turn up the heat." Jaya, fiery negotiator

Liliana's suspicion 1B
Enchantment
At the end of each opponent's end step, if a creature enters the battlefield under that player's control this turn, they sacrifice a creature unless they discard a card. Otherwise, they lose 2 life.
"Until I find the raven man, nothing is safe." Liliana of the veil

Karn's suspicion 3
Enchantment
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, create a treasure token.
"Until I have completed my works, I will not allow you to get ahead of me." Karn, living legacy

IIW: Planeswalker vacations after beating Phyrexia
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Bladeling 3WW
Creature - Phyrexian Shapeshifter (R)
W: Bladeling gains first strike until end of turn.
W: Bladeling gains lifelink until end of turn.
Expose - 3W, [Discard a card]
4/3
--
Soldier 1W
Sleeper Creature - Soldier (?)
(If you cast a sleeper permanent, its other face is secret. Transform this creature any time for its expose cost. If you transform as it declares an attack, skip the cost in brackets.)
3/1

For collation purposes, this card's names would be Bladeling / Bladeling Soldier. In game, the second face's name is just Soldier, so it could be any number of cards.
No need to have 5 kinds of sleepers, I think 3 kinds could work better in draft, let's say [2G 3/3] and [1R 2/1 haste.] But the other sides could be any color, so blue and black get in the mix (keeping up the sleeper agent flavor.)
The weird exposure cost is my attempt to reduce the "Gotcha!" factor of morphs. You can still transform as a combat trick, for the cost of a card, but you may also forgo the surprise and just transform as it attacks.

Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.

Trabant180

Post by Trabant180 » 1 year ago

Jodah, the Dividerwubrg
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (M)
Legendary creatures you control have ward X where X is the number of legendary creatures you control.

Whenever you cast a legendary spell from your hand, goad all creatures target player controls.

"They only think they're allies because they don't know how much they hate each other yet." - Jodah, the Divider
5/5

IWW: Creatures that live in the vacuum of space.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Treva, Traitor to Dominaria
4GWU
Legendary Creature - Dragon (M)
Flying, vigilance
When Treva, Traitor to Dominaria enters the battlefield or deals damage to a player, exile target nonland permanent, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
Other creatures you control and don't own get +2/+2.
5/6
Treva was enamored by Phyrexia's vision of a great singularity, but with herself as its pinnacle. All will be one, and she shall be its voice, heart and soul.

Crosis, the Darkest Hope
4{U}{B}{R}
Flying, menace
Crosis, the Darkest Hope has the loyalty abilities of each planeswalker card in your graveyard that is blue, black, and/or red.
Escape 3{U}{B}{B}{R}, Pay 7 life, Exile seven other cards from your graveyard.
7/7
Most were surprised, but Darigaaz knew better; Crosis would never submit to being a mere part of a greater whole. It was anathema to everything he embodied.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Demise of the Coalition 1BB
Tribal Enchantment — Phyrexian Saga (R)
I — Each player creates a 1/1 black Phyrexian Minion creature token with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you discard a card or lose 2 life."
II — Each player chooses a creature they control and a creature they don't control, then destroys one of them at random.
III — Each player chooses a color, then sacrifices each permanent they control that is any color other than the chosen color.

CunningGabe

Any more? I'll aim to judge tonight.

CunningGabe

Judging
Show
Hide
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
I guess the best method for doing this is to imagine if the phyrexian sleeper agent plotline in DMU was extended over a whole set (I don't care if that was the plot of a whole set in the past, I didn't play then. Shhh)

Ajani's Suspicion gw
Enchantment
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, put a +1/+1 counter on a creature you control unless that player pays
"Until this invasion is dealt with, we can't trust anyone from outside our lands." Ajani Goldmane

Teferi's suspicion WU
Enchantment
Whenever an opponent casts a noncreature spell, draw a card unless that player pays . This ability only triggers once each turn.
"Until I have all the facts, I'm not going to let my guard down." Teferi, hero of dominaria

Jaya's suspicion 1R
Enchantment
If a source you control would deal damage to a creature or planeswalker you don't control, that source deals that much damage plus 1 instead.
"Until I can trust you, I'm going to turn up the heat." Jaya, fiery negotiator

Liliana's suspicion 1B
Enchantment
At the end of each opponent's end step, if a creature enters the battlefield under that player's control this turn, they sacrifice a creature unless they discard a card. Otherwise, they lose 2 life.
"Until I find the raven man, nothing is safe." Liliana of the veil

Karn's suspicion 3
Enchantment
Whenever an artifact enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, create a treasure token.
"Until I have completed my works, I will not allow you to get ahead of me." Karn, living legacy

IIW: Planeswalker vacations after beating Phyrexia
These are all nice, and do a good job of showing division.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Bladeling 3WW
Creature - Phyrexian Shapeshifter (R)
W: Bladeling gains first strike until end of turn.
W: Bladeling gains lifelink until end of turn.
Expose - 3W, [Discard a card]
4/3
--
Soldier 1W
Sleeper Creature - Soldier (?)
(If you cast a sleeper permanent, its other face is secret. Transform this creature any time for its expose cost. If you transform as it declares an attack, skip the cost in brackets.)
3/1

For collation purposes, this card's names would be Bladeling / Bladeling Soldier. In game, the second face's name is just Soldier, so it could be any number of cards.
No need to have 5 kinds of sleepers, I think 3 kinds could work better in draft, let's say [2G 3/3] and [1R 2/1 haste.] But the other sides could be any color, so blue and black get in the mix (keeping up the sleeper agent flavor.)
The weird exposure cost is my attempt to reduce the "Gotcha!" factor of morphs. You can still transform as a combat trick, for the cost of a card, but you may also forgo the surprise and just transform as it attacks.

This is rad! I really like the idea of new morphs using double-sided cards.
Trabant180 wrote:
1 year ago
Jodah, the Dividerwubrg
Legendary Creature - Human Wizard (M)
Legendary creatures you control have ward X where X is the number of legendary creatures you control.

Whenever you cast a legendary spell from your hand, goad all creatures target player controls.

"They only think they're allies because they don't know how much they hate each other yet." - Jodah, the Divider
5/5

IWW: Creatures that live in the vacuum of space.
Now do Jodah the Multiplier! And the snake known as Jodah the Adder!
1 year ago
Treva, Traitor to Dominaria
4GWU
Flying, vigilance
When Treva, Traitor to Dominaria enters the battlefield or deals damage to a player, exile target nonland permanent, then return it to the battlefield under your control.
Other creatures you control and don't own get +2/+2.
5/6
Treva was enamored by Phyrexia's vision of a great singularity, but with herself as its pinnacle. All will be one, and she shall be its voice, heart and soul.

Crosis, the Darkest Hope
4{U}{B}{R}
Flying, menace
Crosis, the Darkest Hope has the loyalty abilities of each planeswalker card in your graveyard that is blue, black, and/or red.
Escape 3{U}{B}{B}{R}, Pay 7 life, Exile seven other cards from your graveyard.
7/7
Most were surprised, but Darigaaz knew better; Crosis would never submit to being a mere part of a greater whole. It was anathema to everything he embodied.

Ooh, I really like flicker+control magic. Crosis is also really interesting - I guess it's unlikely that he'll ever ultimate, but being able to use one more free activated ability each turn is pretty cool. The flavor text is what really sells me on both of these.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Demise of the Coalition 1BB
Tribal Enchantment — Phyrexian Saga (R)
I — Each player creates a 1/1 black Phyrexian Minion creature token with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you discard a card or lose 2 life."
II — Each player chooses a creature they control and a creature they don't control, then destroys one of them at random.
III — Each player chooses a color, then sacrifices each permanent they control that is any color other than the chosen color.

Right, so I guess that ordinarily a player would pick their own Minion creature and then a useful creature of their opponent's. Chapter 3 is slightly awkward in that, in a mono-black deck, you end up keeping the Phyrexian Minion, whereas other decks get a chance to sacrifice their Minion.
Winner
Show
Hide
@Sporegorger_Dragon for a pair of cool dragons!

Next up: Black moth (??)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Thank you for the win!

I had just come to make an edit; Treva should really have "exile another" on her, else she can simply flicker herself forever, which is not the intent. Too late for that now, I guess :rofl:

Mergatroid_Jones

They save the huge plane from Phyrexia by breaking it into five smaller planes.

Splintering the Plane WUBRG
Legendary Sorcery (M)
(You may cast a legendary sorcery only if you control a legendary creature or planeswalker.)
Exile each permanent, then exile each player's hand and graveyard.
Each player may put up to five cards they own that were exiled in this way into their hand.
Exile Splintering the Plane and end the turn.

IIW: Alliterative and rhyming card names

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”