spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Rouser of the Populace 2W
Creature — Cephalid Citizen (R)
Lifelink
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, Rouser of the Populace becomes that spell's colors in addition to its own until end of turn, then Rouser of the Populace and other creatures you control that share a color with it get +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: elden ring

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

A cephalid judge walks into the room and the crowd goes quite as he ranks the cephalopods.
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Throbbing Mindmantle -- 2UU
Creature - Cephalid {R}
Whenever a creature dies, its controller can't cast spells with the same mana value this turn.
"Their eyes glint from the deep. Not sweet, hypnotizin' eyes like the mer-maids. No, their eyes are dark and menacing, full of an alien intelligence." -- Fisher Feerm, trawl captain
4/4
If I Win: Something more to give
"lcick lcik dluuuurmp slaaaawch"
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Master of Molluscs 4U
Creature- Cephalid (R)
Flash
Squid, Octopus, and Cephalid spells you cast cost 2 less to cast and have flash.
When Master of Molluscs enters the battlefield, create a 1/8 blue Octopus creature token with defender.
1/2

IIW: A lord for multiple types
"Swoamoru Imysthk Squaunelch"
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Cephalopod Invoker
2{U}
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (C)
8: Until end of turn, Cephalopod Invoker becomes an Octopus with base power and toughness 8/8.
2/2

Cephalid Heretic
{U}{B}
Creature - Cephalid Rogue (R)
Whenever Cephalid Heretic attacks, defending player reveals a card at random from their hand.
{U}{B}, T, Sacrifice Cephalid Heretic: Choose a nonland card name. Target player reveals their hand and discards all cards with that name.
2/2
His was the greatest betrayal of all cephalid values...his crime was honesty.

Espionage Elite
1{U}{B}
Creature - Cephalid Rogue (U)
Menace
Whenever another Cephalid enters the battlefield under your control, that creature connives.
2/3

Suction-Cups Cephalid
2{U}{U}
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (U)
Suction-Cups Cephalid can't be returned from the battlefield to a player's hand.
{T}: Tap target creature. Until end of turn, that creature can't be returned from the battlefield to a player's hand.
2/4
He'll stick it to ya.

Confessor of Tentacles
4{W}
Creature - Cephalid Cleric (C)
Extort
Enchantments you control have extort.
3/5
Confession comes with a price.

IIW: A creature with a color in its name.

"Sluuurp squich click lcik lcik glulluuugh gauuulk. Puncatch Clymoraaaug"

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Psionic Disruptor 1UU
Creature - Cephalid Wizard (U)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, Psionic Disruptor meditates (put a psi counter on it, or remove any number of psi counters from it.)
Whenever a counter leaves Psionic Disruptor, tap target creature an opponent controls.
2/2

IIW: Guards! Guards!
"Tmurrnchu Clorghao"

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Shapeless Cephalid 1UU
Creature - Cephalid Wizard {R}
U: Choose a number. Shapeless Cephalid's power becomes equal to that number until end of turn. Prevent all damage Shapeless Cephalid would deal this turn.
0/2

IIW: The hobbies of your favorite plane

"SKREECH Longutho Sloruma"

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Rouser of the Populace 2W
Creature — Cephalid Citizen (R)
Lifelink
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, Rouser of the Populace becomes that spell's colors in addition to its own until end of turn, then Rouser of the Populace and other creatures you control that share a color with it get +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2

"Yelthiam Oralguugkth"

It looks the like Judge has spoken. Did you understand anything he said Terry? Nope but clearly He has made his choices:
Winner
Show
Hide
HM: OneAndOnly for Throbbing Mindmantle

Winner: Juancu for Psionic Disruptor
Next
Show
Hide
Guards! Guards!
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Dwarf Male Swamp Dragon
4{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon (U)
Flying
When Dwarf Male Swamp Dragon enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
1, Sacrifice a nonenchantment non-Dragon permanent: Dwarf Male Swamp Dragon gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
0/1
It's like with spiders.

"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

No need to read the novel, I'll accept any Guard, person who would merit shouting for Guards! if detected, or protrayal of that whole dynamic.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Defend the Gate! 1W
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Squad 2(As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may pay 2 any number of times. When this aura enters the battlefield, create that many tokens that are copies of it. Attach each copy to a different target creature from the original or exile it.)
Enchanted creature has defender.

IIW: A card name that's an anagram of an existing card's name (note the original).

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Shock Reinforcements XXWW
Instant — Trap (R)
Create X 2/2 white Knight creature tokens with first strike.
Spellmorph XWW. Cast this spell this way only if three or more creatures are attacking you and/or a planeswalker you control. (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up and cast it for its spellmorph cost any time you could cast this spell.)

IIW: Elden ring

Juancu

I will judge in 5 or 6 hours.

Ulka

Burgled Shopkeeper 1W
Creature - Human Citizen
Whenever an opponent deals combat damage to you, they may create a gold token. If they do, at the beginning of your next upkeep, create two 1/1 white soldier tokens. Activate this ability only once per turn.
0/2

next: Cthulhu and elder gods based plane

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Captain of the Guard 2WW
Creature — Human Soldier {R}
When Captain of the Guard enters the battlefield, each opponent creates a Treasure token.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices an artifact token, create two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
4/4

IIW: non-weapon equipment
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Hapless Bystander 1W
Creature — Citizen (U)
When Hapless Bystander enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Hapless Bystander can't be the target of spells.
Whenever Hapless Bystander is dealt damage, sacrifice it and create that many 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
0/1

Juancu

1 year ago
Dwarf Male Swamp Dragon
4{B}{B}
Creature - Dragon (U)
Flying
When Dwarf Male Swamp Dragon enters the battlefield, create a 4/4 red Dragon creature token with flying.
1, Sacrifice a nonenchantment non-Dragon permanent: Dwarf Male Swamp Dragon gets +1/+0 until end of turn.
0/1
It's like with spiders.
I'm a big fan of Errol. but I feel like the Queen dragon should be her own character. Maybe have Errol search for her in the library? Like that old saying, 'Set a thief Set a deep hole with spring-loaded sides, tripwires, whirling knife blades driven by water power, broken glass and scorpions, to catch a thief.'
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Defend the Gate! 1W
Enchantment- Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Squad 2(As an additional cost to cast this spell, you may pay 2 any number of times. When this aura enters the battlefield, create that many tokens that are copies of it. Attach each copy to a different target creature from the original or exile it.)
Enchanted creature has defender.
Too annoying in limited, but I'd love this in commander for enchantment/aura decks.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Shock Reinforcements XXWW
Instant — Trap (R)
Create X 2/2 white Knight creature tokens with first strike.
Spellmorph XWW. Cast this spell this way only if three or more creatures are attacking you and/or a planeswalker you control. (You may cast this card face down as a 2/2 creature for . Turn it face up and cast it for its spellmorph cost any time you could cast this spell.)
Obviously inspired by Duel Monsters, but I really like it. My only caveat is the 2/2 for 3, I'm big on changing that for future morphs, it's simply too anachronistic, too big of a hurdle to go through if one wants to be excited about playing a surprise for later.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Burgled Shopkeeper 1W
Creature - Human Citizen
Whenever an opponent deals combat damage to you, they may create a gold token. If they do, at the beginning of your next upkeep, create two 1/1 white soldier tokens. Activate this ability only once per turn.
0/2
I think opponents can be said to attack, but not deal combat damage (maybe I'm wrong.) Also, the ability would "trigger" rather than activate once per turn. Otherwise, I get it and I really like it. Well, I question using Gold though.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Captain of the Guard 2WW
Creature — Human Soldier {R}
When Captain of the Guard enters the battlefield, each opponent creates a Treasure token.
Whenever an opponent sacrifices an artifact token, create two 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
4/4
A reimplementation of the previous idea, with a neat twist. I do wonder about flavor, though? Is the captain giving the money? On one hand, he seems incompetent if he allows the thieving, but then investigates... mmm...
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Hapless Bystander 1W
Creature — Citizen (U)
When Hapless Bystander enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Hapless Bystander can't be the target of spells.
Whenever Hapless Bystander is dealt damage, sacrifice it and create that many 1/1 white Soldier creature tokens.
0/1
I reaaally hated Hornet Nest. Sure, the soldiers are a lot less powerfull than flier deathtouchers, and this is one use only, but still, with the cantripping, I wouldn't want to see this in my limited format. Maybe in commander, but then you wouldn't get attacked. Blasphemous Act in that case. Anyways, I'd prefer if this created, like 2 soldiers. It would still be good, and wouldn't turn big dumb attackers into defenders.
Winner and Next
Show
Hide
Winner: spacemonaut
Next: Elden Ring

Sporegorger_Dragon

Note: There's something weird going on with the names of certain bosses after recent updates, so I'm going with slightly altered naming convention:

Blighted Miranda Blossom
3{B}{B}{G}
Legendary Creature - Plant (R)
Defender
When Blighted Miranda Blossom enters the battlefield, you may create The Forsaken Omenkiller, a legendary 4/4 black and green Warrior creature token with trample and wither.
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one-
-Creatures target player controls get -1/-1 until end of turn.
-Each opponent loses 1 life.
4/6

Land Squirt
2{B}
Creature - Tunicate (U)
{B}, T: Target creature gets -3/-1 until end of turn. Its controller loses 1 life and mills three cards.
0/3

Blood-Tainted Excrement
Artifact
Sacrifice Blood-Tainted Excrement: Target player loses 1 life.
3, T, Sacrifice Blood-Tainted Excrement: It deals 3 damage to any target.
"Why are you carrying so much of this filth?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" -Morgott, The Omen King

Alternative flavor text (on the the alternate art version): "If it be true this is thine own, i suggest to thee thou dost seeketh a doctor, post-haste." -Ranni the Witch

Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

If you're unfamiliar with elden ring I will also accept best guesses at what the heck is going on with that thing you've seen

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

1 year ago
Land Squirt
2{B}
Creature - Tunicate (U)
{B}, T: Target creature gets -3/-1 until end of turn. Its controller loses 1 life and mills three cards.
0/3
Uhhh....

Sorcery Squirt 3U
Creature- Tunicate (U)
U,T: Untap another target permanent. It's controller scries 2.
1/3

IIW: Uhhh.... ants?

Ulka

Antique Circlet 2
Artifact - Equipment
Cumulative Upkeep: 1
Equipped creature has "As long as this creature is paired with another creature, both creatures get +1/+1 for each age counter on Antique Circlet."
Equip: Tap another untapped creature you control.

IIW: cumulative upkeep is back in modern horizons 3

Juancu

Magic But Hole W
Artifact (U)
T: Exile your hand and each land you control. Empty your mana pool. Draw 4 cards. You may play an additional land this turn.
"Rated Good"
SPOILER
Show
Hide
vd7cwfvt9mm81.jpg
IIW: 8, but no octopods

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Judging in the morning cause I have to study tonight! Get your weird lil dudes in

Megiddo
MEG

my original hot take when the first elden ring trailer dropped was that the game was a "knockoff of shadow of the colossus"

and so:

White-Tailed Lizard G
Creature - Lizard {C}
1G, Sacrifice White-Tailed Lizard: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature and create a Food token.
1/1

IIW: Classic Literature
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

sorry the last 24 hours went from study to other important things to a full on medical situation so uh I can't post judgements (I am ok / I will be ok)

edit i am now out of A&E so here's some judging

blighted miranda blossom: excellent treatment and i just learned about a boss fight i never encountered and i love that this is still a thing happening to me. total stats of 8/10 on two bodies with evasion and removal between them is a bit much for 6 mana, so at minimum i'd want to bring miranda flower down to a 2/3 or something.

land squirt: this squirts are not cute but this card is

blood-tainted excrement: the flavor text made me laugh out loud and this is not a bad rendition of those items at all

sorcery squirt: i never ran into these but i can believe it, raya lucaria has done worse things to crabs. this is pretty neat, though i'd want to make it a nonland permanent. i like that two of these can go back and forth.

antique circlet: is nice, i like that you can work to keep it up but eventually it will be broken. now that i revisit i think you ought to provide a way to pair them, but if this is in a soulbond-heavy set or something like that, that's OK.

magic but hole: a work of art honestly. i appreciate it, and the mechanical package is good, and novel, and pretty compelling. i'm not sure how playable it is but like one with nothing i'm gonna keep thinking about this one. in actual practice, maybe somehow an excellent drop with a single spare mana on a particularly aggressive W+ deck that plans to mostly empty its hand by the end of turn four?

white-tailed lizard: is very cute, i like this.

Winner is @Ulka for a novel use of cumulative upkeep that feels very on-theme for elden ring's narrative.
HM Juancu for magic but hole

Next: cumulative upkeep is back in modern horizons 3
Last edited by spacemonaut 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

wizyard
Pronoun: they / them

Post by wizyard » 1 year ago

Temporal Meddling 1U
Sorcery (U)
Put an age counter on target nonland permanent. It gains cumulative upkeep 1.

iiw: free spells

Sporegorger_Dragon

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
sorry the last 24 hours went from study to other important things to a full on medical situation so uh I can't post judgements (I am ok / I will be ok)

edit i am now out of A&E so here's some judging
Um, wow, glad you're okay.

The Miranda Blossom itself has defender, which is why the stats are like that, but I can see why you'd be a bit distracted at the time.

Take care of yourself!

Juancu

Tides of War 3WR
Enchantment (R)
If you would start an upkeep step, you may start a combat phase instead.
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 2/2 white Soldier creature token with vigilance for each creature you control.
Cummulative upkeep 2

IIW: flash

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Collective Weariness 1WB
Sorcery (R)
Put an age counter on each nonland permanent. For each permanent that had an age counter put on it this way, its controller sacrifices it unless they pay for each age counter on that permanent.

IIW: racing

Megiddo
MEG

yes, also glad that you are ok

Megalomania 3W
Enchantment {M}
Cumulative upkeep 2
Creatures you control get +2/+2.
When Megalomania leaves the battlefield, destroy all creatures.

IIW: harmony
MEG

Megiddo
MEG

Karel, God of Tithes WB
Legendary Creature — God {M}
Cumulative upkeep 1
Indestructible, extort
Karel, God of Tithes isn't a creature unless you paid three or more mana for its cumulative upkeep cost this turn.
5/5

IIW: boodlines
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”