NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

For Mergatroid_Jones, a response to your prompt. I don't know any of you well enough to decide what cards you want to see, outside of just your IIW.

Rakshasa Usurper 1BGU
Creature - Cat Demon
Ward - Pay 2 life.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you gain control of that creature until your next end step unless that opponent has you draw a card.
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
"You lost your kingdom to a cat?" "What they lack in power, they more than make up for in cunning." Ojutai and Silumgar
2/4

Jetmir, Interim huntcaller 3RG
Legendary Planeswalker - Jetmir
+1 - Create a 1/1 green and white human creature token, then create a treasure token.
-3 - Jetmir deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the number of creatures you control.
-8 - You get an emblem with "Attacking creatures you control have trample and get +x/+0 where X is the number of attacking creatures you control."

I don't care if it makes no sense for Jetmir to be a planeswalker, it's cool.

IIW: The wolves are at the door.

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

for chetoos: digital-only

Brain Defragmentation B
Sorcery {R}
Target player reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card. Each other nonland card in that player's hand perpetually gains "This spell costs 1 less to cast."

IIW: NEO kamigawa
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

@Ulka It may be time
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

wonderful
Pronoun: she / her

Post by wonderful » 1 year ago

For Meg, and his love of all things pox

Plague Carrier 1bb
Creature - Insect (R)
Whenever Plague Carrier deals combat damage to an opponent, each player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a creature, then sacrifices a land.
1/1

iiw: a perfectly designed, meticulously crafted planeswalker

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

wonderful wrote:
1 year ago
Don't you %$#% start
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

i have a few good entries in the vault for that challenge
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Course ya do

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Starting to judge now. Should be posted before I go to bed tonight
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Ulka

For this round Im going to grade you simple in a scale of 1-10 of how I think the person above you feels about the card with no context or explanations:
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
For Void Nothing... an entree for the collaborative create a booster thread that has been lying untouched for two weeks. And an attempt to make enablers between the existing mechanics.

Blazing Charioteers 2RR
Creature- Warrior (U)
Bright-- Blazing Charioteers has haste as long as two or more spells have been cast this turn.
When Blazing Charioteers enters the battlefield, add RR.
"First come the trumpets of dawn twelve by twelve. Next come the chariots numberless." - Khyrud, Mad Prophet
3/1

Fungal Paradise
Land (U)
T: Put a growth counter on Fungal Paradise.
T, Remove a growth counter from Fungal Paradise: Add one mana of any color.
Long before Rhyfel's before the First Dawn, the mushroom jungles glowed in unseen luminescence.

Chiroptan Skycaptain 4WW
Creature- Bat Soldier (U)
Flying, Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for {1} or one mana of that creature's color.)
Blindsight-- As long as Chiroptan Skycaptain is tapped, it can block as though it were untapped.
Other tapped creatures you control can block as though they were unapped as long as they are blocking the same creature as Chiroptan Skycaptain.
3/3

IIW: The wild west set we've been hearing rumors about? It's actually set on (your choice of Innistrad, Zendikar, Ixalan, Kaladesh, or Kamigawa).
blazing: 6
Fungal: 5
Chiroptan: 8

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
For M_J - a complex little system with flavor relying on the deep lore.

Stratian Forerunner 2W
Creature - Human Soldier Warrior (U)
Vigilance
Whenever a creature named Flesheater Vanguard enters the battlefield under your control, each player draws a card.
Whenever a creature named Oromai Sharpeye you control attacks, create a 1/1 red and white Warrior creature token.
2/2

Flesheater Vanguard 2B
Creature - Human Soldier Berserker (U)
Lifelink
Whenever a creature named Oromai Sharpeye enters the battlefield under your control, Flesheater Vanguard deals 1 damage to target opponent.
Whenever a creature named Stratian Forerunner you control attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature.
2/2

Oromai Sharpeye 2R
Creature - Human Soldier Archer (U)
First strike
Whenever a creature named Stratian Forerunner enters the battlefield under your control, Oromai Sharpeye deals 1 damage to target creature an opponent controls.
Whenever a creature named Flesheater Vanguard you control attacks, create a Gold token.
2/2

IIW: "deals 7 damage"
Stratian: 4
Flesheater: 5
Oromai: 6
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
CONSPIRACY 3:GRAVE BUSSYNESS

edit: since juancu made me a card for that post I owe void one

Amudov the Great 3RG
Legendary Creature — Human Warrior {R}
When Amudov the Great enters the battlefield, tap target creature you control and target creature of an opponent's choice they control. Those creatures fight each other. Repeat this process twice, except players can't choose a creature they already chose for this ability.
4/4

IIW: keep me in suspense
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Tough Mul W
Creature - Human Dwarf Slave (C)
Auction (Rather than draft this card, place it face down on the table with one of your coins on it. After the draft, cards are revealed in order, and other players may increase the bid. You get your coin plus the bid if another player wins it.)
2/2

For Megiddo, a card for cube. It's a spicier take than would be acceptable in Magic, but a Dark Sun crossover sounds at least plausible. Players would have 8 coins with their names on it (names only matter to mark 'ownership' of a pick, otherwise they are fungible.)

IIW: stickers or ability counters.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
For Juan: Templating experiments (well I've done similar before)

Hemotoxic Roots 1G
Sorcery (U)
Put a -1/-1 counter with strifeborn on target creature. (For as long as it has that counter, being dealt damage or becoming the target of a spell also causes another -1/-1 counter to be placed on it.)
You may play an additional land this turn.

Rules notes: Any kind of counter can have strifeborn, and the counters placed are of the same type as that counter. These counters do not have strifeborn themselves.

IIW: Splashy Samurai
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
For void_nothing: a weird as butts signpost uncommon. I have no idea if I'm doing this design right but I think that means I'm at least doing this prompt right.

Maranov of Biotic Lab IV 2GU
Legendary Creature — Elf Wizard Druid (U)
If you would put one or more +1/+1 counters on a creature you control, you may instead create a token that's a copy of a creature token you control, then put those +1/+1 counters on the copy. Do this only once each turn.
3GU: Adapt 3.
3/3

IIW: Weather
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
for spacemonaut, since I cannot help but think about this every time you post:

Terror Castle of the Jupiter Moon Martians 3BB
Sorcery {R} [acorn]
Players play a Magic subgame, using their libraries as their decks. During the subgame, any time they could cast a sorcery, players may pay the mana cost of a creature they control in the main game to bring it into the subgame. The winner returns all creatures they control from the subgame to the main game.

IIW: Mysteries Unsolved
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
For Meg: A legendary rare with simple text

Piolrux, Sol Lich 1WUB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Artificer (R)
Artifact creatures you control get +1/+1 and have "T: Add CC."
Sacrifice a nontoken artifact, Pay 3 life: Create a 1/1 colorless Gnome creature token.
"Now, my clockwork host, work to your true potential!"
3/3

For Ulka: It's obvious

Benthic Elite 3U
Creature - Cephalid Soldier (R)
Whenever Benthic Elite becomes the target of a spell or ability, counter that spell or ability and mill five cards.
1B, Mill five cards: Benthic Elite gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it. Activate only once per turn.
4/3

IIW: Cumulative upkeep
Piolrux: 8
Benthic: 10
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
For Juancu

Something weeeeird

Library Drone 4
Artifact Creature- Insect (C)
: Scry 1.(Tap your library to pay . Your library is not a permanent, but if it is tapped, it untaps during its owner's untap step.)
2/3

Prodigal Sparkmage 2R
Creature- Human Wizard
: Prodigal Sparkmage deals 1 damage to any target. (Tap your library to pay . Your library is not a permanent, but if it is tapped, it untaps during its owner's untap step.)
1/1

IIW: Demons of Tarkir
Library: 10

Prodigal:10
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
For Mergatroid_Jones, a response to your prompt. I don't know any of you well enough to decide what cards you want to see, outside of just your IIW.

Rakshasa Usurper 1BGU
Creature - Cat Demon
Ward - Pay 2 life.
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, you gain control of that creature until your next end step unless that opponent has you draw a card.
Whenever you draw a card, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
"You lost your kingdom to a cat?" "What they lack in power, they more than make up for in cunning." Ojutai and Silumgar
2/4

Jetmir, Interim huntcaller 3RG
Legendary Planeswalker - Jetmir
+1 - Create a 1/1 green and white human creature token, then create a treasure token.
-3 - Jetmir deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the number of creatures you control.
-8 - You get an emblem with "Attacking creatures you control have trample and get +x/+0 where X is the number of attacking creatures you control."

I don't care if it makes no sense for Jetmir to be a planeswalker, it's cool.

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
for chetoos: digital-only

Brain Defragmentation B
Sorcery {R}
Target player reveals their hand. You choose a nonland card from it. That player discards that card. Each other nonland card in that player's hand perpetually gains "This spell costs 1 less to cast."

IIW: NEO kamigawa
wonderful wrote:
1 year ago
For Meg, and his love of all things pox

Plague Carrier 1bb
Creature - Insect (R)
Whenever Plague Carrier deals combat damage to an opponent, each player loses 1 life, discards a card, sacrifices a creature, then sacrifices a land.
1/1

Winner
Show
Hide
HM: Void for snagging the opportunity to design a cephalid, Wonderful for the Plague
Winner: Mergatroid_Jones for tapping your library.
NEXT UP
Show
Hide
Demons of Tarkir

Megiddo
MEG

Rakshasa Soulstealer 2BB
Creature — Cat Demon {R}
Flying
Rakshasa Soulstealer escapes as a copy of the exiled card.
Escape—1B, Exile a creature card from your graveyard and pay life equal to its mana value.
4/3

IIW: a nocturnal animal
MEG

chetoos

How do I enter this, when I've already made the cards for it?

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Well you can either enter the same cards, and I'll make my own judgment, or expand on what you did. Your choice

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Now that round is over I can honestly say I'm horrified/impressed that Meg clicked that sig link and made a legend named after AMUDOV.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Rakshasa Traitor
1{B}{B}{R}
Creature - Cat Demon (M)
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player creates a 2/2 black Zombie creature token with decayed. That token is goaded for the rest of the game.
Goaded creatures attacking an opponent get +1/+0 and have menace.
5/4
"Curse that bloated worm Silumgar and his simpering sycophants!"

IIW: Unconventional Oozes
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

wonderful
Pronoun: she / her

Post by wonderful » 1 year ago

Mardu Dealmaker WB
Creature - Demon (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, each player reveals the top card of their library. You may have all players mill one, or draw a card.
2/2

Demon of Bloodshed 2BR
Creature - Demon (U)
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, it gets +1/+1 and gains deathtouch until end of turn.
Raid — At the beginning of your end step, if you attacked this turn, target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
3/2

iiw: rabbits 🐇

Megiddo
MEG

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Now that round is over I can honestly say I'm horrified/impressed that Meg clicked that sig link and made a legend named after AMUDOV.
Two notes on this:
1. I was trying to make Amudov V but I couldn't get the naming pattern of Grand Arbiter Augustin IV out of my head and it blocked me from making a card name, so I dropped the V.
2. I originally wanted to pick a specific character that you managed but I couldn't confirm any of their identities (though I have a guess), so I went with a generic one instead.
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Two notes on this:
1. I was trying to make Amudov V but I couldn't get the naming pattern of Grand Arbiter Augustin IV out of my head and it blocked me from making a card name, so I dropped the V.
2. I originally wanted to pick a specific character that you managed but I couldn't confirm any of their identities (though I have a guess), so I went with a generic one instead.
Bless you

And maybe that's for the best

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Rakshasa's Mane -- 2B
Enchantment - Aura {U}
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has intimidate and gets +X/-X, where X is its devotion to black. (A creature's devotion to black is equal to the number of black mana symbols in its mana cost and rules text.)
When enchanted creature dies, you may pay life equal to its devotion to black. If you do, return Rakshasa's Mane to hand.
IIW: Irrational numbers

Megiddo
MEG

Assault Demon 1RWB
Creature — Demon {R}
Flying
When Assault Demon enters the battlefield, each opponent loses 3 life and you gain 3 life.
5/4

IIW: your favorite niche aesthetic
MEG

chetoos

Surrak, Jetmir's Second 2RG
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior
Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, target creature you control gets +1/+1 and gains trample until end of turn. If [formidable], put a +1/+1 on that creature, and it gains trample until end of turn instead.
Whenever a creature you control with a counter on it attacks, Surrak deals 1 damage to the defending player.
"This Jetmir will bring us all together as one family! We will overthrow the Dragon's tyranny and live as one clan!"
4/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Lost Patron 3WBG
Creature - Demon (M)
Flying, vigilance
When Lost Patron dies, you lose life equal to the number of creatures and planeswalkers you control, then distribute that many +1/+1 and/or loyalty counters among those creatures and planeswalkers.
Dissatisfied with the power of the ancestors, some Abzan mages secretly bound demons to the amber.
6/5

IIW: Archons of Theros

Ulka

Demon Hunter W
Creature - Human Warrior
Protection from Demons
Dragon Hunter can block Dragons as though it had reach.
2/1

Meteorological Demonolist 2WUR
Creature - Human Wizard (U)
Flying, Prowess
Whenever a Demon enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, it Scry X, where X is the number of Demons that Demon's player control.
Whenever a Demon enters the battlefield under your control, it deals X damage to any target, where X is the number of Demons you control.
2/4

IIW: Cards for Black Aggro

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Cragheart Desecrator 3WB
Creature - Demon (R)
Flying
Whenever Cragheart Desecrator attacks, each opponent gets a hate counter
Intolerance - Sacrifice Cragheart Desecrator, or Exile Cragheart Desecrator from your graveyard: Target opponent loses a hate counter. If it's the first they lost this turn, that player sacrifices a creature. Intolerance only as a sorcery.
2/4

I felt the W demons of tarkir didn't have much flavor. What made them white exactly? I think they should embody the intolerance against the enemies' ways.

iiw: please be safe

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Judging tomorrow.

Stapler
is a liar

Post by Stapler » 1 year ago

Rakshasa Deathbreather 2UB
Creature - Cat Demon Dragon (R)
Flying
Exploit (When this creature enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature.)
Other creatures you control have exploit.
Whenever a creature you control exploits a creature other than Rakshasa Deathbreather, creatures you control get +1/+0 until end of turn and creatures your opponents control get -1/-0 until end of turn.
3/4

IIW: tigers that may or may not be crouching
"Image"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”