NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Juancu
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Thorn 2GG
Legendary Creature - Unicorn (M)
Deathtouch, deathtouch to planeswalkers (any amount of damage this creature deals to a planeswalker removes all loyalty counters.)
Trample, tramples over planeswalkers, trample on fights (this creature can deal excess damage, from combat or fights, to a permanent's controller.)
"The pointiest that ever was."
4/5

Janichirp Cricket
Legendary Creature - Insect Advisor (R)
2, T: Get an advice (Roll 1d6. You may put an stun counter on this creature to get the effect. 1) Put a +1/+1 counter on a creature. 2) Scry 2. 3) Add three mana of any one color. 4) Gain 4 life. 5) Choose any from 1 to 4. 6) Choose any two from 1 to 4. Activate only as a sorcery.")
0/1

IIW: magic endings
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Momu Mo, Greatest Whale 5UUU
Legendary Creature- Elder Whale (M)
When Momu Mo enters the battlefield, untap up to eight target Islands unless a creature named Momo Mu, Greatest Whale has already entered the battlefield this turn.
3UUU: Create a 5/5 blue Whale creature token. You may return Momu Mo to its owner's hand.
5/11

The Fabled Jambi Bird 1G
Legendary Creature- Bird (R)
T: Add one mana of any color.
GU: The fabled Jambi Bird gets +1/+1 and gains flying until end of turn. At the beginning of the next end step, exile it. If you do, gain 5 life and draw 2 cards. Activate this ability only once.
How could you cage such a creature?
0/2

Shaynee Childtaker R
Legendary Creature- Cat (U)
Trample
When Shaynee would be dealt excess combat damage, the excess damage is dealt to you instead.
After two children were taken, the village set up watchers in the night for three months. The lioness came again on the night they stopped patrolling.
3/1

Thakrodes, Steed of Daxos 3WW
Legendary Creature- Horse (M)
Soulbond, Partner
As long as Thakrodes is paired with a creature, both creatures have indestructible and protection from Cowards.
3/4

Tooth, the Immortal B
Legendary Creature- Rat (U)
Deathtouch
3B, pay 2 life: Return Tooth from your graveyard to the battlefield. If you paid BBBB to activate this ability, create a 1/1 black Rat creature token. Activate this ability as a sorcery.
Squee, Karn, Jodah, Jaya, and Teferi aren't the only immortal Dominarians.
1/1

IIW: The nicer side of red.

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Corporal Wojtek 1g
Legendary Creature - Bear Soldier
Vigilance
Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, you may pay . When you do, put a +1/+1 counter on another target creature you control.
Whenever Wojtek attacks, untap up to one target attacking creature you control with a +1/+1 counter on it.
2/2

IIW: How would Mishra and Urza have ruined a different plane, if they'd been born there?

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

I'll judge in about 5 or so hours

Ink-Treader

Alright, commencing judgment... And done
Judgment
Show
Hide
JuanCu
Thorn: This is rather crazy. No protections, but very difficult to profitably block. Even so, it's probably still shockingly reasonable, just quite good. The fight synergy seems unnecessary and potentially a break in the absence of red.
Definitely-not-Jimminy: I only really have problem with this because it's hybrid. Monogreen it's fine, though flat scrying is a bit weird. Monoblue, the mana generation and especially the lifegain is a bit suspect. That and if you think about it, he's more people than animal.

Mergatroid_Jones
Momu: A fixed Great Whale I see, plus some extra. Not the most exciting thing, but it does offer some inevitability.
Jambi: Cute story in a card A mana dork that can replace itself with decent value is always welcome.
Shaynee: Poor Jackal Pup. Sad thing is, in this day and age, a better Jackal Pup might not even be all that playable compared to the 1 drops red gets now
Thraxodes: New partners are always kind of risky, especially one that can make the other significantly harder to deal with. I like the concept, just without partner.
Tooth: A recurring deathtoucher is certainly annoying to deal with, especially one that can bring an extra (if small) body. The cost is at least reasonably high.

chetoos
Wojtek: This is cute, and decently useful without being over...bearing
Winner
Show
Hide
chetoos!
HM: JuanCu for the cricket, and Mergatroid_Jones for the Jambi bird
Next challenge: How would Mishra and Urza have ruined a different plane, if they'd been born there?

Juancu

The Great Cookie War 1GR
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I) Each player creates two Food tokens
II) Each player may sacrifice an artifact. For each player that does, The Great Cookie War deals 3 damage to that player's choice of a creature, player or planeswalker.
III) Target artifact you control becomes a 4/4 artifact creature, and is a construct in addition to its types.

"Sweet versus salty, fleet versus navy."

Ink-Treader

Aetherchar 2BR
Sorcery (R)
Destroy all artifacts and Aetherborn.
Remove all counters from each permanent and each player loses all E. Aetherchar deals damage to each player equal to the amount of E they lost this way and to each creature equal to the amount of counters removed from them.
Thus did the industrial revolution spurred by the brother's die, and Kaladesh would never know its like again.

IIW: unusual tokens
Last edited by Ink-Treader 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Sunder the Sun R
Sorcery (C)
Destroy target artifact. If that artifact was legendary, Sunder the Sun deals 3 damage to that permanent's controller.
Mishra knew the only way to prevent his brother from using the Immortal Sun against him was to break it. The result was devastating. But Mishra rose from the wreckage, his spark awakened.
{Story Spotlight}

Urza's Alliance 3GG
Sorcery (U)
Create a 1/1 blue and green Merfolk creature token with hexproof, a 2/1 red and white Human Warrior creature token, and a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with trample.
Urza's words were reasonable, and his warnings were true. But his motives were never to help anyone but himself.
{story spotlight}

Mishra's Alliance 2R
Sorcery (C)
Create two 1/1 red Pirate creature tokens. If RBW was spent to cast this spell, instead create two 1/1 black and white Vampire creature tokens with flying and lifelink.
Creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
By a sum untold, and in a single day, Mishra turned every ship on the sea into a mercenary army. The Legion of Dusk he bought for free with a few pretty words. Or so he thought.
{story spotlight}

IIW: The world Bolas has built in the prison realm.

chetoos

Judging tonight, hoping for some more entries.

Mergatroid_Jones

Got a full Greek tragedy this time.

Portended Arrival 1U
Instant (C)
Scry 1
Draw a card.
The next creature or enchantment spell you cast this turn may be cast as though it had flash.
The brothers had auspicious births. Urza was favored of Kruphix and Mishra was favored of Purphoros. All rejoiced, for great deeds would be done by these brothers.

Urza's Betrayal 3BB
Instant (C)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
Reveal the top card of your library and put it into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's mana value.
Urza murdered his brother with careful forethought and exquisite care. Within four years, he was king in Meletis and victorious in war with the Setessans. He held personal council with Kruphix and Iroas in the temples he built. His wealth was immeasurable and his power seemed invincible.

Mishra Tricks the Death God 3BB
Enchantment- Saga (R)
I: Each player chooses a creature card in their graveyard and returns it to the battlefield with an indestructible counter on it.
II: Each opponent loses 4 life, and you gain 4 life.
III: Remove all counters from all creatures and planeswalkers. Each non-God creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.

Mishra's Hoplite 2R
Creature- Zombie Soldier (C)
First Strike, Trample
With Erebos bound in his domain, thousands of dead marched onto Theros. In the destructive wake of Kroxa and Uro marched Mishra, commander of all by virtue of the whip. He knew he must accomplish his revenge before Erebos was freed from the bonds Purphoros made him.
4/1

Urza, The Blinded Seer 2U
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (U)
Flash, Defender
When Urza enters the battlefield, scry X where X is the number of creatures that died this turn. Then draw a card.
After Erebos reclaimed Mishra and the returned, Urza's city lay in ruins. His army, his wife and five sons all lay dead. His eyes and tongue were taken from him. Only the visions of Kruphix remained. He wandered in this way for twenty-three years before Klothys granted him death.
1/4

IIW: Flying things. But not Dragons, birds, or angels.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Ruined Meditation 1RR
Sorcery
Each opponent draws 2 cards. Ruined Meditation deals 2 damage to each player for each card in that player's hand.
Draw two cards.
Urza and Mishra's battle in the meditation realm left such scars that Bolas couldn't find peace for decades.

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Urza, Imperial Artificer 1WW
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer {R}
When Urza, Imperial Artificer enters the battlefield, exile target creature an opponent controls until Urza leaves the battlefield.
As long as a card exiled with Urza is a Spirit, Urza has indestructible.
Lord Konda's great ambition blinded him to the ambition of somebody greater.
2/2

IIW: Prototype cards
MEG

chetoos

Sorry about the wait, everyone, but I'm glad that you guys used the unplanned extension to write up... *checks notes* 0 new entries. Woo!
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
The Great Cookie War 1GR
Enchantment - Saga (R)
I) Each player creates two Food tokens
II) Each player may sacrifice an artifact. For each player that does, The Great Cookie War deals 3 damage to that player's choice of a creature, player or planeswalker.
III) Target artifact you control becomes a 4/4 artifact creature, and is a construct in addition to its types.

"Sweet versus salty, fleet versus navy."

2/5 cookies
"I think that batch of mushrooms was spoiled" Grumgully, the generous
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Aetherchar 2BR
Sorcery (R)
Destroy all artifacts and Aetherborn.
Remove all counters from each permanent and each player loses all E. Aetherchar deals damage to each player equal to the amount of E they lost this way and to each creature equal to the amount of counters removed from them.
Thus did the industrial revolution spurred by the brother's die, and Kaladesh would never know its like again.

IIW: unusual tokens
30/50 aetherflux reservoir
"Forget pyromancers, these brothers have done enough to keep my hands full." Baral, Chief of Compliance
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Sunder the Sun R
Sorcery (C)
Destroy target artifact. If that artifact was legendary, Sunder the Sun deals 3 damage to that permanent's controller.
Mishra knew the only way to prevent his brother from using the Immortal Sun against him was to break it. The result was devastating. But Mishra rose from the wreckage, his spark awakened.
{Story Spotlight}

Urza's Alliance 3GG
Sorcery (U)
Create a 1/1 blue and green Merfolk creature token with hexproof, a 2/1 red and white Human Warrior creature token, and a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with trample.
Urza's words were reasonable, and his warnings were true. But his motives were never to help anyone but himself.
{story spotlight}

Mishra's Alliance 2R
Sorcery (C)
Create two 1/1 red Pirate creature tokens. If RBW was spent to cast this spell, instead create two 1/1 black and white Vampire creature tokens with flying and lifelink.
Creatures you control gain haste until end of turn.
By a sum untold, and in a single day, Mishra turned every ship on the sea into a mercenary army. The Legion of Dusk he bought for free with a few pretty words. Or so he thought.
{story spotlight}

IIW: The world Bolas has built in the prison realm.
4/5 sailors sailing
"Ixalan is a fun vacation destination, bring the kids" Angrath, the flame chained
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Got a full Greek tragedy this time.

Portended Arrival 1U
Instant (C)
Scry 1
Draw a card.
The next creature or enchantment spell you cast this turn may be cast as though it had flash.
The brothers had auspicious births. Urza was favored of Kruphix and Mishra was favored of Purphoros. All rejoiced, for great deeds would be done by these brothers.

Urza's Betrayal 3BB
Instant (C)
Destroy target creature or planeswalker.
Reveal the top card of your library and put it into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's mana value.
Urza murdered his brother with careful forethought and exquisite care. Within four years, he was king in Meletis and victorious in war with the Setessans. He held personal council with Kruphix and Iroas in the temples he built. His wealth was immeasurable and his power seemed invincible.

Mishra Tricks the Death God 3BB
Enchantment- Saga (R)
I: Each player chooses a creature card in their graveyard and returns it to the battlefield with an indestructible counter on it.
II: Each opponent loses 4 life, and you gain 4 life.
III: Remove all counters from all creatures and planeswalkers. Each non-God creature gets -3/-3 until end of turn.

Mishra's Hoplite 2R
Creature- Zombie Soldier (C)
First Strike, Trample
With Erebos bound in his domain, thousands of dead marched onto Theros. In the destructive wake of Kroxa and Uro marched Mishra, commander of all by virtue of the whip. He knew he must accomplish his revenge before Erebos was freed from the bonds Purphoros made him.
4/1

Urza, The Blinded Seer 2U
Legendary Creature- Human Wizard (U)
Flash, Defender
When Urza enters the battlefield, scry X where X is the number of creatures that died this turn. Then draw a card.
After Erebos reclaimed Mishra and the returned, Urza's city lay in ruins. His army, his wife and five sons all lay dead. His eyes and tongue were taken from him. Only the visions of Kruphix remained. He wandered in this way for twenty-three years before Klothys granted him death.
1/4

IIW: Flying things. But not Dragons, birds, or angels.
5/5 mechanized hoplites
"Those guys throw a mean party" Xenagos, the reveler
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Ruined Meditation 1RR
Sorcery
Each opponent draws 2 cards. Ruined Meditation deals 2 damage to each player for each card in that player's hand.
Draw two cards.
Urza and Mishra's battle in the meditation realm left such scars that Bolas couldn't find peace for decades.

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you
5/5 confused Nicols
"How did they even get in here?" Nicol Bolas, dragon god
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Urza, Imperial Artificer 1WW
Legendary Creature — Human Artificer {R}
When Urza, Imperial Artificer enters the battlefield, exile target creature an opponent controls until Urza leaves the battlefield.
As long as a card exiled with Urza is a Spirit, Urza has indestructible.
Lord Konda's great ambition blinded him to the ambition of somebody greater.
2/2

IIW: Prototype cards
5/5 Spirit Dragon Engines
"He converted my Jitte into a mech suit!" Toshiro Umezawa

HM: Everyone else who got a 5/5
Winner: Megiddo
Next: Prototype cards

Megiddo
MEG

i came here to double post a Mishra, Claimed by O-Kagachi, but I was too late
MEG

chetoos

Post it now, I'm not gonna not give you the win for an even cooler design :P

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
i came here to double post a Mishra, Claimed by O-Kagachi, but I was too late
Do it
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

I didn't have a design ready to go! It took me two days to come up with a Banisher Priest variant! I was going to start the design/brainstorm process and see where I landed.

How about this: I'll include that counterpart card when I judge this challenge.

If prototype isn't interesting to people (zero entries all day suggests it might be), how about something you want to see in the upcoming phyrexia set?
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Going to keep it real with you imperator i didnt click to the previous page to see what the current challenge was
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Juancu

Glitchy Lightbringer 7
Artifact Creature - Construct Soldier (R)
Prototype UW - 0/0
At the beginning of your end step, gain 1 life and draw a card.
4/6

Exquisite Painstigator 3
Artifact Creature - Construct (R)
Prototype 2BB - 1/1
At the beginning of your end step, Exquisite Painstigator deals damage to you equal to its power, then you draw a card.
3/3

IIW: Magic Endings

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Enchantment Creature — Avatar (M)
Prototype 1WW — 1/1 (You may cast this spell with different mana cost, color, and size. It keeps its abilities and types.)
Other enchantment creatures you control get +X/+X, where X is Avatar of Heliod's Mercy's base power.
3/3

Note: I specifically set it to base power, which is less fun but also solves layers shenanigans.

Momentum Machine 5
Artifact — Vehicle (U)
Prototype 1G — 2/2
Haste
Whenever Momentum Machine attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on it.
Crew X, where X is half of Momentum Machine's power, rounded down.
5/5

IIW: What's Saheeli's next cool invention?
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

chetoos

Lifeforce Mak Fawa 7
Artifact Creature - Angel Dragon
Prototype 2RW -- 3/3
Flying, first strike
You don't lose the game for having 0 or less life.
This creature gets -1/-1 for every point below 0 your life is. (I don't know how to write this in magic rules, you get it, though, right?)
5/7

IIW: unexpected creature type mashups.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Extravagant Workhorse 5
Artifact Creature - Horse (R)
Prototype UR - 1/3
Spells with X in their mana costs you cast cost an amount of mana less to cast equal to Extravagant Workhorse's power.
Spells with X in their mana costs your opponents cast cost an amount of mana more to cast equal to Extravagant Workhorse's toughness.
2: Target creature can't block Extravagant Workhorse this turn.
3/5

IIW: Outside the game

Juancu

Larvanoctis Wurm 1BG
Creature - Phyrexian Wurm (U)
Apotheosis (You may cast this spell in, or change this creature into, this state as a sorcery for 4BG. It keeps its other abilities and types.) 4BG - 6/6
Whenever Larvanoctis Wurm attacks, you may put a +1/+1 counter on it. If you don't, it gains trample and menace until end of turn.
2/2

Mergatroid_Jones

Walking Megabomb 8
Artifact Creature- Construct (R)
Prototype 2R- 4/2
Trample
Walking Megabomb can't block.
When Walking Megabomb deals combat damage to a player, sacrifice it. If you do, it deals that much damage to each creature, each planeswalker, and each player. (This includes the player dealt combat damage).
8/8

IIW: Legendary lands

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Runed Quiglip -- (2/U)(2/U)(2/U)
Artifact Creature - Weird
Prototype - 2UU - 2/2
Flying
When Runed Quiglip enters the battlefield, discard your hand, then draw cards equal to the amount of blue mana spent to cast it.
3/3
If I Win: Butterflies

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”