NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

chetoos
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Comet's doghouse 1RW
Artifact
Whenever you roll a 6 sided dice, you may increase or decrease the result by 1. If you control a Comet planeswalker, gain life equal to the result on the die.
Comet stores all kinds of useful things in his doghouse: spare oxygen tanks, maps of the park, the deed to the park...

IIW: Unfinity!
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

@Ulka It's only been a day and a half now but there are no shortage of entries. Judge?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Gideon's Paragon WWW
Creature — Angel Soldier (U)
Flying, vigilance
Whenever you activate a loyalty ability of a Gideon planeswalker, Gideon's Paragon has base power and toughness 4/4 until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: the gym

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

as long as you control a Sarkhan planeswalker, CARDNAME is a 4/4 Dragon creature with flying
MEG

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Rash, Cultist of the New 2BR
Legendary Creature - Human Gamer (R)
Whenever Rash enters the battlefield or attacks, if you control another fresh legendary creature or planeswalker, draw a card. Otherwise, scry 1. (A card is fresh if it was printed for the first time in a set released no more than a year ago.)
"Just wait till I get my preorders!"
3/4

IIW: catch ...and release?
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

I am judging this evening so get your final entries in.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Ulamog, Haver of One Weakness
Legendary Creature- Eldrazi
Indestructible
When you cast Ulamog, exile four target permanents owned by a single player. Then that player chooses one of those permanents and returns it to the battlefield.
When Ulamog attacks, each opponent loses 7 life.
Any opponent may tap a Nissa and a Chandra planeswalker they control to exile Ulamog any time they could play an instant.
10/10

IIW: (not a serious entry)

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Believer in the Spark -- W
Creature - Human Citizen
As long as you control a Planeswalker with six or more loyalty, Believer in the Spark gets +2/+2 and has flying and indestructible.
"Their stories were first told when mountains were but hills, and the mighty rivers were but trickles -- but these stories are true, these legends are real!" -- Ideayan, Campfire tale-teller
1/1
If I Win: Sudden disappearances

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

THE VERDICT
Show
Hide
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Mowu has actually been a planeswalker this whole time.

Mowu, Planehopping Hound 1G
Legendary Planeswalker- Mowu (U)
Mowu enters the battlefield with an additional loyalty counter if you control a Jiang Planeswalker.
{+1}: Until end of turn, Mowu becomes a 0/0 Hound creature with trample. Loyalty counters on him are +1/+1 counters while he is a creature.
{{1}}

Jiang the Generous 2G
Legendary Creature- Jiang (U)
{0}: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature. Put an additional +1/+1 counter on that creature if you control a Mowu planeswalker, or a legendary creature with Mowu in its name.
{-1}: Return target green creature or planeswalker you control to its owner's hand. Gain 1 life for each counter on it.
{{3}}

IIW: Sagas from your favorite plane
Solid Partnering Could be a very fun intro deck.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Aetherwork Brontodon 2UG
Artifact Creature - Servo Dinosaur (R)
Affinity for planeswalkers
Aetherwork Brontodon gets +1/+1 and has trample as long as you control a Huatli planeswalker.
Aetherwork Brontodon gets +1/+1 and has hexproof as long as you control a Saheel planeswalker.
3/3

IIW: Swords
I love the pairing here. It feels very fun and flavorful
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
The Raven man, dark nightmare 2BB
Creature - human wizard nightmare
Whenever an opponent discards a card, they lose 2 life if you control a liliana planeswalker.
xb: Gain control of target planeswalker with X loyalty counters on it until end of turn. If that planeswalker is a liliana planeswalker, you gain control of that planeswalker for as long as you control The Raven Man instead.
If you would remove one or more loyalty counters from a planeswalker you control to activate a loyalty ability, you remove that many then add one instead. (You still need the listed number of loyalty counters to activate the ability. EG: a -6 ability removes 6 loyalty abilities, then adds 1 loyalty to the planeswalker, leaving it with 1 loyalty counter)
3/3

Look, the last ability, I'm not sure how to word it for MTG's rules. You understand how the ability is supposed to work, it does.

IIW: Planeswalker vacations after beating phyrexia.
4/5
Krishnath wrote:
1 year ago
Immolating Blazewyrm 4RRR
Creature - Elemental Dragon
Flying,
When Immolating Blazewyrm enters the battlefield, it deals 5 damage to target creature or planeswalker.
If you control a Sarkhan planeswalker, Immolating Blazewyrm has haste, and at the beginning of your upkeep, it deals 2 damage to each creature you don't control.
5/5

Rapid Regrowth GG
Enchantment
Landfall - Create a 1/1 green Saproling token creature. If you control a Nissa planeswalker, instead create two of those tokens.

In Nihilo 4BB
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures. If you control a Nixilis Planeswalker instead destroy all creatures and all enchantments.

Temporal Vortex 4UU
Sorcery
Choose one, if you control a Teferi Planeswalker instead do both -
• Take an extra turn after this one.
• Each player shuffles their hands and graveyards into their libraries, then draw a new hand of seven cards.

Rhet-Crop Survivor 1W
Creature - Human Warrior
Vigilance
If you control a Basri planeswalker, Rhet-Crop Survivor enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.
1/3

IIW---, Welcome to the Jungle.
Dragon - 5/5 Would love this for a game nights deck face card with a sarkhan.

Nissa - 4/5 That seems lie it would get out of hand fast.

Wrath - 5/5 Same as dragon

Teferi - 2/5 Needs to self exile.

Barsi - 2/3 is solid for 2 and i would love to see it as a uncommon in an intro deck.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Jace, Master Illusionist 2UU
Legendary Planeswalker — Jace {M}
[+2]: Draw a card. If you control another Jace planeswalker, draw two cards instead.
[-3]: Create a token that's a copy of target creature you control, except it's an Illusion in addition to its other types and it has "When this creature becomes the target of a spell, sacrifice it."
[-8]: For each planeswalker you control, create a token that's a copy of that permanent. You get an emblem with "The 'legend rule' doesn't apply to permanents you control."
{4}

IIW: a card you dreamed up, or alternatively a card for a mechanic I dreamed up (to be provided in event i win)
oh man this is a fun design space. no notes.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Lithomantic Seraph 3WW
Creature - Elemental Angel (U)
Flying
Lithomantic Seraph has ward X, where X is the greatest number of loyalty counters on a white planeswalker you control.
Whenever Lithomantic Seraph attacks, creatures you control get +1/+1. If you control a Nahiri planeswalker, creatures you control get +2/+2 until end of turn instead.
"Oh, child - you wish to protect your people? Mystical glyphs and invisible forces will not do." - Nahiri, to Teyo
3/3

Summoned Tsunami 6UU
Creature - Elemental Kraken (U)
This spell costs X less to cast, where X is the greatest number of loyalty counters on a blue planeswalker you control.
Vigilance
Whenever Summoned Tsunami attacks, tap up to two target permanents. If you control a Kiora planeswalker, put a stun counter on each of those permanents.
"Wind can only give rise to its true power when it meets the water." - Kiora, to Yanling
5/5

Ghost of the Nether 1BB
Creature - Elemental Spirit (U)
Lifelink
Ghost of the Nether can't be blocked by creatures with mana value equal to or less than the greatest number of loyalty counters on a black planeswalker you control.
Whenever Ghost of the Nether attacks, put up to one target creature card from your graveyard into your library second from the top. If you control a Kaya planeswalker, return that card to your hand instead.
"The name 'necromancy' covers a lot of disciplines." - Kaya, to Liliana
2/2

Spinning Bolide 2RR
Creature - Elemental Construct (U)
Trample, haste
When Spinning Bolide enters the battlefield, it deals damage to target creature or planeswalker an opponent controls equal to the greatest number of loyalty counters on a red planeswalker you control.
At the beginning of your end step, sacrifice Spinning Bolide unless you control a Saheeli planeswalker.
"You and I are Kaladeshi, girl. We both know clockwork works no matter what you make it with." - Saheeli, to Chandra
5/3

Stoneflesh Devourer XGGG
Creature - Elemental Hydra (U)
Stoneflesh Devourer enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to X plus the greatest number of loyalty counters on a green planeswalker you control.
When Stoneflesh Devourer dies, destroy up to one target noncreature, nonland permanent with mana value equal to or less than its power. If you control a Vraska planeswalker, create a number of Treasure tokens equal to its power.
"Well? Tell me - how do you classify this beauty?" - Vraska, to Vivien
0/0

IIW: The same as this challenge, but with planeswalker types that have not yet been printed
Angel - I like this a lot.

Tsunami - I feel like I need to see the art on this card to fully grasp it. still very solid effect.

Ghost- I have a soft spot for black spirits which is only rivaled by my love of cephalids and this doesn't disappoint

Bolide - I like the flavor.

Devourer - oh man this seems fun.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Homage-Payer Eternal R
Creature - Zombie Jackal Cleric (R)
Afflict 3
As long as you control a Bolas planeswalker, other creatures you control have afflict 1.
Whenever Homage-Payer Eternal attacks and isn't blocked, you may activate an ability of a Bolas planeswalker you control an additional time this turn.
Their lazotep lips shout one word: "Behold!"
1/1

IIW: Elders
Ummm damn. Just damn.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Will, Freezing Scion 3U
Legendary Planeswalker - Will (M)
+1: Up to one target creature loses all abilities and has base power and toughness 0/3 until your next turn. Tap it. If you control a Rowan planeswalker, you may activate one of Will's other abilities this turn.
-2: Search your library for an instant card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle.
-7: You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create a 5/5 blue Yeti creature token with hexproof and vigilance."

Rowan, Blazing Scion 4R
Legendary Planeswalker - Rowan (M)
+1: Rowan deals 1 damage to any target. Scry 2. Planeswalkers you control gain "Ward - Pay 3 life" until your next turn.
-3: Up to three target creatures you control each get +3/+0 until end of turn. Create two Treasure tokens. If you control a Will planeswalker, put a loyalty counter on each planeswalker you control.
-8: Reveal a nonland card from your hand. You may copy that card and cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Rowan deals damage equal to that card's mana value to any target.

IIW: A card the poster before you would like
I like the double effect here. Seems very fun but I do think that the -3 could be a -2 instead.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Comet's doghouse 1RW
Artifact
Whenever you roll a 6 sided dice, you may increase or decrease the result by 1. If you control a Comet planeswalker, gain life equal to the result on the die.
Comet stores all kinds of useful things in his doghouse: spare oxygen tanks, maps of the park, the deed to the park...

IIW: Unfinity!
Nope! I'm still bitter about parts of unfinity being legal in blackborder so I'm too bitter to give you an honest judgement and for that I am sorry.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Gideon's Paragon WWW
Creature — Angel Soldier (U)
Flying, vigilance
Whenever you activate a loyalty ability of a Gideon planeswalker, Gideon's Paragon has base power and toughness 4/4 until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: the gym
Gideon is so buff that he makes his paragon buff? I like it.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
as long as you control a Sarkhan planeswalker, CARDNAME is a 4/4 Dragon creature with flying
Yep seems about right.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Rash, Cultist of the New 2BR
Legendary Creature - Human Gamer (R)
Whenever Rash enters the battlefield or attacks, if you control another fresh legendary creature or planeswalker, draw a card. Otherwise, scry 1. (A card is fresh if it was printed for the first time in a set released no more than a year ago.)
"Just wait till I get my preorders!"
3/4

IIW: catch ...and release?

I like newest iteration of MTG player card but would be curious what the older gamer would be to counter this.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Ulamog, Haver of One Weakness
Legendary Creature- Eldrazi
Indestructible
When you cast Ulamog, exile four target permanents owned by a single player. Then that player chooses one of those permanents and returns it to the battlefield.
When Ulamog attacks, each opponent loses 7 life.
Any opponent may tap a Nissa and a Chandra planeswalker they control to exile Ulamog any time they could play an instant.
10/10

IIW: (not a serious entry)
ucanteven
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Believer in the Spark -- W
Creature - Human Citizen
As long as you control a Planeswalker with six or more loyalty, Believer in the Spark gets +2/+2 and has flying and indestructible.
"Their stories were first told when mountains were but hills, and the mighty rivers were but trickles -- but these stories are true, these legends are real!" -- Ideayan, Campfire tale-teller
1/1
If I Win: Sudden disappearances
4039/4528
The winner and Next
Show
Hide
HM: Meg for the Jace

WINNER: VOID NOTHING for his cycle of Uncommons
NEST: The same as this challenge, but with planeswalker types that have not yet been printed
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thanks for the win! You can instead do "A card the poster before you would like" if you prefer.

secretly, for all my challenges, you can also alternately do "banned MTGS users"
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Aide to the commodore 2WU
Creature - Human Advisor
At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top 5 cards of your library and put a card from among them into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order. Then, discard a card at random unless you control a Guff planeswalker.
"Here is your book, sir. I retrieved it from the moat outside. Again. No, it's not that I don't appreciate a good laugh..." Bannun, aide to the commodore, last words.
2/4

IIW: Planeswalker vacations after beating phyrexia, or unfinity

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
secretly, for all my challenges, you can also alternately do "banned MTGS users"
Wait, we have those? What the heck did I miss while I was away? And is it the person I think it is?
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Are we on MTGSalvation right now

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Are we on MTGSalvation right now
No, but things like that tends to be talked about on other MTG sites, so... My questions still stand.

Anyway, for the real challenged, is it characters who are canonically planeswalkers in MTG lore but have not gotten a planeswalker card, or, again, can we use characters we have created ourselves?

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

it can be literally whatever as long as it's not a printed pw type

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
it can be literally whatever as long as it's not a printed pw type
Excellent. :+1:

Thordan's Sparkmage 1R
Creature - Dwarf Wizard (c)
When Thordan's Sparkmage enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to any target. If you control a Thordan Planeswalker, you may put a loyalty counter on target red planeswalker you control.
2/1
Thordan
Show
Hide
Thordan Veir is a dwarf planeswalker with a lightning theme. He is loud, boisterous, and loves to drink with friends.
Snowdrift Behemoth 2UU
Snow Creature - Elemental Beast (U)
As long as you control a Lyssa planeswalker, Snowdrift Behemoth gets +2/+0 and has trample.
3/5
Lyssa
Show
Hide
Lyssa is a snow elf princess from a world bound in an eternal ice age. Her personality can best be described as cold and aloof, and she is a firm believer in people should be judged by their achievements rather than birth, despite all this she is a fiercely loyal friend and will often come to the defense of those who can not defend themselves.
Void Hound UB
Creature - Nightmare Dog (R)
Menace, Ward 3
When Void Hound deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles the top card of their library.
If you control a Tulan Planeswalker, you may cast Void Hound from your graveyard and from exile.
2/1
Tulan
Show
Hide
Tulan is human, well mostly human anyway, and he hails from a shattered ring world orbiting a dark star. Outside of this shattered ring eldritch entities reside that are worshiped by the natives, who believe that said entities saved them from extinction when their world broke. Indeed, Tulan is fervently religious towards these beings and believes that it is his duty to spread their gospel to the other realms of the multiverse. These entities are not Eldrazi however, and Tulan considers the Eldrazi to be parasites and mockeries of all he holds holy.
And just to finish off, a reference to an actual MTG planeswalker without a card (so far).

Nightwalker's Trickery 3UB
Instant (U)
Counter target creature or enchantment spell, it's controller loses 2 life. If a spell is exiled in this way, exile it instead of putting it in it's owner's graveyard.
If you control a Leshrac planeswalker, you may search that players graveyard, library, and hand for all copies of the countered spell, and exile them as well.

IIW: Welcome to the Jungle.

Megiddo
MEG

did i miss forum drama??

… i'm about ten years removed from caring about forum drama or letting it affect me in any way. and yet…!
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The last person I personally had to ban was - let's say a pressingchess analogue

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

But there's a reason the meme/troll/spam challenge running joke is banned MTGS users. It's a different time

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Whoops, got so excited, forgot that was a thing.
Last edited by Sporegorger_Dragon 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Hey don't you have your own design archival thread somewhere

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Hey don't you have your own design archival thread somewhere
Fittingly, you were also the judge of the round Monty debuted in.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Megiddo
MEG

i will personally let the mtgs memories lie dormant
MEG

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

The character development where Meg is less of a bitter old man today than he was in circa 2014 is astounding

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Sakem, Attuned Companion XG
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (U)
Sakem enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Sakem has all the planeswalker abilities of Bravan planeswalkers you control, except Sakem uses +1/+1 counters rather than loyalty to activate those abilities.
0/1

Minat's Nexus 4
Artifact (R)
If you cast a Minat planeswalker spell choosing X = 5, don't pay mana for X.
2, T: Draw a card.

IIW: catch... and release?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”