NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

The First Feast 2W
Sorcery {C}
Destroy target creature with toughness 4 or greater. If that creature was a Dinosaur, you gain 4 life.

IIW: Colors matter
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Cornucopia's Shipwreck 4WW
Enchantment - Saga
I Create eight 1/1 white Human creature tokens.
II - X Sacrifice half the humans you control, rounded down. Then put a +1/+1 counter on each human you control.
CCCL Each player creates a Food token and gains 2 life.

IIW: magic endings
I can count to ten, but after that I always skip to three hundred fifty.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

Ancestral Feud 2{B/R}{B/R}
Enchantment (R)
When Ancestral Feud enters the battlefield, choose a creature type, then each opponent chooses a creature type.
If a creature with a chosen type would deal damage to a creature with another chosen type, instead it deals double that damage.
Whenever a creature with a chosen type dies, if it wasn't sacrificed, its controller creates a treasure token.

(include it in a set of tribal ixalan themed decks)

IIW: brothers united (they're best friends) (sorry about the war everyone)

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Eaten by Zacama WGR
Enchantment
At the beginning of your combat step, venture into Zacama (if you are in a dungeon, venture into it. Otherwise, enter Zacama.)

Zacama
You can't enter this dungeon unless you "Venture into Zacama". Whenever you go deeper than the Mouth, lose 1 oxigen and your life total becomes equal to your oxigen.

A) Mouth - Get 12 oxigen tokens.
B1) Esophagus - Venture into Zacama
B2) Brain - Create a Clue token.
C1) Stomach - Create a Food token.
C2) Heart - Create a Blood token.
D) Liver - Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
E1) Intestine - Create a Treasure token.
E2) Cloaca - Create an Egg token (it's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this: Create a tapped 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token."
F) Steaming- Your life total becomes 12. Creatures can't attack you until your next turn.

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Eaten by Zacama WGR
Enchantment
At the beginning of your combat step, venture into Zacama (if you are in a dungeon, venture into it. Otherwise, enter Zacama.)

Zacama
You can't enter this dungeon unless you "Venture into Zacama". Whenever you go deeper than the Mouth, lose 1 oxigen and your life total becomes equal to your oxigen.

E2) Cloaca - Create an Egg token (it's an artifact with "2, T, Sacrifice this: Create a tapped 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token."
F) Steaming- Your life total becomes 12. Creatures can't attack you until your next turn.
I love this so much. My only question with oxygen is do you get the counters like experience counters or do you get tokens? as written it doesn't work with tokens as you can't lose tokens technically.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

The Great Turduckisaurus Incident 1URG
Legendary Instant
Create The Thanksgiving Horror, a legendary 4/4 blue, red, and green Bird Mutant Horror creature token with flying and deathtouch. It fights all non-legendary creatures.

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

I'll judge tomorrow at some point, sorry. Time slipped away from me tonight.

Juancu

Thanks for all the thanks!
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
I love this so much. My only question with oxygen is do you get the counters like experience counters or do you get tokens? as written it doesn't work with tokens as you can't lose tokens technically.
Good point, I think I should use an Oxygen icon to solve that problem. Here is a render:
Eaten By Dinosaur
Show
Hide
Eaten By Dreadmaw.jpg
Maw2.jpg

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

The First Landing XGW
Sorcery (MR)
Choose a creature type. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you've revealed twice X cards. Choose any number of creature cards with the chosen type with total mana value X or less and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
The end of countless flourishing ages, and the dawn of ruin.

IIW: kaiju plane (but not ikoria)

chetoos

Imma let you guys know, I didn't expect to win back to back, this was just a silly throwaway contest, but I'm glad everyone latched onto it.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Cornucopia's Shipwreck 4WW
Enchantment - Saga
I Create eight 1/1 white Human creature tokens.
II - X Sacrifice half the humans you control, rounded down. Then put a +1/+1 counter on each human you control.
CCCL Each player creates a Food token and gains 2 life.

This feels more Donner Party than Jamestown, but I do like the idea of a saga just staying there until 350 counters are added. You'll need a couple Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider's on the field for that.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
The First Feast 2W
Sorcery {C}
Destroy target creature with toughness 4 or greater. If that creature was a Dinosaur, you gain 4 life.

IIW: Colors matter
This is pretty on point, I guess the vampires and the pirates worked together to take down this dinosaur?
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Ancestral Feud 2{B/R}{B/R}
Enchantment (R)
When Ancestral Feud enters the battlefield, choose a creature type, then each opponent chooses a creature type.
If a creature with a chosen type would deal damage to a creature with another chosen type, instead it deals double that damage.
Whenever a creature with a chosen type dies, if it wasn't sacrificed, its controller creates a treasure token.

(include it in a set of tribal ixalan themed decks)

IIW: brothers united (they're best friends) (sorry about the war everyone)
Honestly, this seems the most on theme so far, even if I'm not as sold on it mechanically. Still, very interesting idea.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Eaten by Zacama WGR
Enchantment

Zacama

This is very interesting, though I feel like your lifetotal should only be set to X if it's more, not if it's less, otherwise it's resetting damage done to you.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
The Great Turduckisaurus Incident 1URG
Legendary Instant
Create The Thanksgiving Horror, a legendary 4/4 blue, red, and green Bird Mutant Horror creature token with flying and deathtouch. It fights all non-legendary creatures.

IIW: Design a card for the poster above you
That's a visual, certainly. I'm not sure how I feel about a fight board wipe, but legends do avoid it. I'll say maybe.
spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
The First Landing XGW
Sorcery (MR)
Choose a creature type. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you've revealed twice X cards. Choose any number of creature cards with the chosen type with total mana value X or less and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
The end of countless flourishing ages, and the dawn of ruin.

IIW: kaiju plane (but not ikoria)
The only issue with this one is that it doesn't necessarily feel like Ixalan, though to be fair, the above one also didn't necessarily feel Ixalan either. I like me a genesis wave effect, though tribal restriction really hurts this one. Maybe you can also get lands?

Winner: Spacemonaut
Next: Kaiju Plane, but not Ikoria.

Juancu

In Fissura, the ancient mountains that have been asleep for centuries have begun stirring. This forebods the end of the lesser races, unless a solution can be found.
Tremorract
Show
Hide
Tremorract.jpg
Fossil counters would be punch-out tokens with an "awoken" reminder on the back, so you simply flip the last one to avoid memory issues (if you could somehow forget the 9/9.)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

noice.

overall: pitch me a card representing big monster or someone or something in a plane that's home to big monsters.

you may pitch me the nature of the plane itself in addition to your card or let me extrapolate and try to imagine what it'd be like from the single card you give me.

don't pitch me an entire plane's worth of cards pls, my brain is not a kaiju, it is smol and can only handle so much

Megiddo
MEG

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Longspear Trapper 1R
Creature — Human Warrior {U}
Menace
2RR: If you own and control Longspear Trapper, exile it, then meld it with the top card of your Ultra deck. Activate only if Longspear Trapper dealt combat damage to a player this turn.
2/1

//
Ultraspear Trapper
Creature — Human {U}
Menace

---

Creature — Ultra Insect {U}
Flying
Toxic Spores — When ~ enters the battlefield, tap up to three creatures you don't control. Put a stun counter on one of them.
4/4
card notes
Show
Hide
This works like attractions where you have to draft some number (probably 3) of the Ultras as well as cards that combine with them. Ultra cards form an extra deck.
You combine the colors, abilities, and type line on the back face with what's on the Ultra card. So these two combine to be an Ultra Human Insect with Flying, Menace, and the Toxic Spores ability. The name is derived solely from the creature card. The P/T is derived solely from the Ultra card.

no, I don't know how you would template the physical card layout. I might reconfigure what information appears where as I think about it more.
IIW: crushing heartbreak
MEG

Mergatroid_Jones

Shosho Kuni 3WW
Legendary Creature- Mouse Giant (R)
Follower Ww (Once per turn as a sorcery, you may pay ww and reveal Shosho Kuni from your hand to create a 1/1 Human Cleric token with the same color and text box as Shosho Kuni.)
Exalted
When this creature enters the battlefield, gain 1 life.
The followers of Shosho Kuni knew they served neither the mightiest, nor most prosperous of the great beasts. But the one most loyal her followers.
5/5

IIW: Replace one mythic from any standard legal set. (Note the card you're replacing.)

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Gigan Tick
1{B}
Creature - Spider (C)
Gigan Tick has lifelink as long as it's attacking.
Gigan Tick has menace as long as you control a creature with power 5 or greater.
2/1
Even their parasites match them in scale.

IIW: Write better flavor text for Lazotep Behemoth.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Oh man maybe I'll do Konjin for this
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Juancu

Assimilating inspiration...

Great Zuggruth 8GG
Legendary Creature - Elder God
Affinity for green cultist power.
Trample
| Call on the Great Zuggruth 2G
| Sorcery - Omen
| Create a 2/1 green Cultist creature token. Return this card to your hand, then discard a card.
9/9

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Rumor of Kuchihonou 1WW
Instant (R)
Choose target creature you control. Exile target nonland permanent with lesser mana value than that creature until that creature leaves the battlefield. If you control a creature with size 8 or greater, put three +1/+1 counters on that creature. (Size is power plus toughness.)

Rumor of Ikamaru 4UU
Instant (R)
Return up to four target nonlegendary artifacts and/or creatures to their owners' hands. If you control a creature with size 8 or greater, put each of those permanents owned by an opponent on top of its owner's library instead. (Size is power plus toughness.)
Scry 4.

Rumor of Garosato 3BB
Instant (R)
Creatures you control gain lifelink and deathtouch until end of turn. Whenever a creature you control dies this turn, return that card to its owner's hand. If you control a creature with size 8 or greater, creatures you control get +2/+1 until end of turn. (Size is power plus toughness.)

Rumor of Yagaretsu XRR
Instant (R)
Rumor of Yagaretsu deals X damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or planeswalkers. If you control a creature a with size 8 or greater, whenever a permanent dealt damage this way dies this turn, create a tapped Treasure token. (Size is power plus toughness.)

Rumor of Daidokuro 5GG
Instant (R)
Return up to two target cards from your graveyard to your hand. You gain life equal to their total mana value. If you control a creature with size 8 or greater, create an X/X colorless Skeleton creature token, where X is those cards' total mana value. (Size is power plus toughness.)
Exile Rumor of Daidokuro.

IIW: Planechase 2023
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos

Grimgrin, corpse Kaiju XXUB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Warrior
When you cast Grimgrin, create X tapped 2/2 black zombie creature tokens.
Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, exile that card. If you do, create a tapped 2/2 black zombie creature token.
Grimgrin's power and toughness are each equal to the number of zombies you control.
*/*

IIW: What if Urza and Mishra had been born on a different plane? How would they ruin that plane?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

I will be judging tomorrow morning (it's midnight here). Thank you for the good monsters so far y'all

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

ok judge time!! i had some medical appointments run late

Juancu (Tremorract): It takes some reading to put together but I like the options you give:
1. This is a 3/3 you cast on turn 4 that has a once-per-turn ability.
2. This is an artifact you cast on turn 5, that after three uses of its ability wakes up and becomes a 9/9. (And will be a creature by the time its ability resolves, making it a 10/9 on its first turn.)
The design space is going to be a little limited and I expect we'll see mostly the same number used for each Ancient but I think that's OK.
Ancient and Rumble are good and novel and while I might refine either one a tiny bit the overall package is nice.

Megiddo (Trapper & Ultra deck): So like, Ikoria's flavour of mutation didn't quite land for me—it under-delivered on the "big monster" promise and the mutation mechanic didn't quite come together for me. But this? This is awesome. Ride those giant monsters, hell yes!!!

Mergatroid_Jones (Shosho Kuni): Okay yes this is a great way to forecast leading up to a monster. Naturally the followers embody many of the same qualities. I like how this particular card combines with Exalted.

Sporegorger_Dragon (Gigan Tick): Ha! This is good. Caring about power 5 or greater is a good move to integrate the kaiju flavor.

Juancu again (Great Zugruth): Affinity for cultists is good. Omen is a great flavorful choice for the second part. I appreciate the automatic buyback isn't free; you still go down a card in your hand.

void_nothing (Rumor cycle): This is difficult to evaluate as a cycle but that's honestly specifically my brain today. I do like they each give you a kicker for controlling a kaiju, and hopefully each of these monsters is power 8+ themselves! I'm gonna focus on the green one because that's my favourite color: I like it and this is pretty good for 7 mana if you can make the skelly, and I assume you would be making the skelly!! I would consider shipping these in a set that gives me access to big monsters but they can't attack/block until conditions are met, meaning I get to have access to power 8+ slightly earlier than in most sets.

chetoos (Grimgrin): Okay turning Innistrad into the kaiju plane is a take I didn't expect!! I wasn't expecting existing planes to be recontextualised but if you'd asked me which ones I'd turn into Kaiju planes, Innistrad wouldn't be on the list. But you've convinced me: corpse abominations like Hogaak and Kaiju Grimgrin (he's been eating his spinach!) could definitely turn this place into a kaiju nightmare. Get some Shin Godzilla in there!

Winner: Megiddo

Next: crushing heartbreak

Juancu

Loretto, Rowdy Scholar 2U
Legendary Creature - Human Noble
T: Draw a card, then discard a card. Loretto can't be blocked this turn.
Star-crossed (You can have two commanders if both have star-crossed. As you cast one, force the other on its conspiracy face, and put it in the command zone.)
3/2
--
Kidnapped Loretto
Conspiracy
Romantic agenda (When this conspiracy becomes face up, a random opponent becomes your adversary.)
Whenever your commander deals combat damage to your adversary, you may pay 1U. If you do, draw two cards, then turn this card to its other side.

Robenza, Shy Anarchist 2R
Legendary Creature - Human Peasant
Haste, menace
Star-crossed (You can have two commanders if both have star-crossed. As you cast one, force the other on its conspiracy face, and put it in the command zone.)
2/3
--
Secret Ringleader Robenza
Conspiracy
Romantic agenda (When this conspiracy becomes face up, a random opponent becomes your adversary.)
Whenever your commander deals combat damage to your adversary, you may pay R. If you do, this conspiracy deals 4 damage to any target, then turn this card to its other side.
Rules
Show
Hide
Any commander with starcrossed that is in a revealed zone (battlefield, graveyard, exile, command) can be "forced on its conspiracy face" by casting the other commander. Everytime a conspiracy becomes face up this way, your advensary changes (it's sort of like the monarch, but for a single player.)
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Halana and Alena, Together 2RG
Legendary Creature- Human Archer Scout
First strike, reach
When another creature enters the battlefield under your control, put a +1/+1 counter, a first strike counter, or a reach counter on it.
When exactly 2 damage is dealt to Halana and Alena, Together, exile it and return it to the battlefield transformed.
3/3
////
Alena, With Nothing to Lose
(Red) Legendary Creature- Human Berserker
Trample, haste
What am I without you? Why do I go on?
6/1

IIW: The Guildless of Ravnica

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

oh no my gay heart can't handle that

chetoos

Pia's Grief 2RR
Sorcery
As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice any number of artifacts
Pia's Grief deals X damage to each creature and planeswalker, where X is the number of artifacts sacrificed as this spell was cast, then create an x/x colorless construct artifact creature token.
Husband killed, daughter burned alive, Pia turned herself toward those responsible.

IIW: How would Urza and Mishra have ruined a different plane if they'd been born there?
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”