void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: Things that shouldn't be

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Ink-Treader 57 (+2)
void_nothing 51 (+2)
JovialJovian 40 (+3)
Subject16 38
netn10 37 (+1)
Avacyn Believer 27
kwanyeegor-ii 14
OneAndOnly 11
Apellosine 6
Ulka 5
MonoRedMage 2
wizyard 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
Fighting matters
Avacyn Believer wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, JovialJovian

Hunting Territory
Enchantment (Rare)
Whenever a creature you control fights a creature you don't control, draw a card for each excess damage dealt to the creature you don't control. This triggers only once each turn.
"Being top of the food chain has its benefits."

(Because I need this for my Rhonas fighting deck :rofl:)

IIW: Use for clue tokens that isn't drawing cards
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: void_nothing, Ink-Treader

Arena of the True
Land (Rare)
Before creatures fight, all counters on them and permanents attached to them phases out.
T: Add C.
5, T: Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.
"In here, we fight with our souls. Do not mock us with your fancy weapons."
- Renadi, Kylem Arena Announcer

IIW: Phase out
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Vote: JovialJovian, void_nothing

Uninhibited Violence {R/G}{R/G}
Enchantment (U)
When Unihibited Violence enters the battlefield, you may have target creature you control fight target creature you don't control.
Instant and sorcery spells you cast with "fight" in their text cost 1 less to cast.

IIW: Stellar phenomena
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, JovialJovian

Jouster's Seconds 1W
Enchantment (U)
When Jouster's Seconds enters the battlefield, you may pay 1W. When you do, target creature you control fights target tapped creature an opponent controls.
Whenever a nontoken creature you control fights, create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance.

IIW: Familiars
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: Avacyn Believer (god this sounds fun lol), Ink-Treader

Gitaxian Torturer U
Creature - Phyrexian Vedalken (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent shuffles five "Whenever you draw this card, you get a poison counter, then draw a card" cards into target opponent's library.
1/3

IIW: Mono blue poison

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Vote: Avacyn Believer, void_nothing

Esoteric Collapse 3UBR
Instant (R)
Counter target spell. When that spell is countered this way, that player sacrifices each nonbasic permanent they control that produced mana spent to cast that spell.

IIW: Time

Avacyn Believer
Faith Requires Sacrifice

Post by Avacyn Believer » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, Ink-Treader

Repossession
Instant (Mythic)
Each opponent untaps all lands they control.
Until end of turn you can use your opponents' mana pools to cast spells, and activate mana abilities you do not control.
"Ozhov giveth and Ozhov taketh away."

IIW: your dream OP commander
Faith Requires Sacrifice
MTGNexus Primer | Archidekt | Church of Avacyn

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, Ink-Treader

Storm of Marit Lage 3UR
Enchantment (R)
Cumulative upkeep 2
White creatures, black creatures, green creatures, Plains, Swamps, and Forests don't untap during their controller's untap steps.
Whenever a white creature, black creature, green creature, Plains, Swamp, or Forest enters the battlefield, Storm of Marit Lage deals 2 damage to that permanent's controller.

IIW: Core set-style cards with real-world quote flavor texts
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 1 year ago

vote: Avacyn Believer, void_nothing

Bruna, Ludevic's Legacy 5UB
Legendary Creature - Zombie Angel Horror (M)
Flying
When Bruna, Ludevic's Legacy enters the battlefield, return target enchantment card from your graveyard to the battlefield. If an Aura is returned this way, it enters the battlefield attached to Bruna if able.
XB, Sacrifice Bruna: Return target creature card with mana value X from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped, that creature is a Zombie in addition to its other types and has "If this creature would leave the battlefield, exile it instead of putting it anywhere else."
UUBB, Discard two cards: Return Bruna from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
Her twisted form carved out of Brisela's carcass, the Light of Alabaster flies once more.
6/3

IIW: Gardening

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”