Goro-Goro and Satoru, Sengoku Clan

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Goro-Goro and Satoru

The flavor of this pair just screams Sengoku era to me. Samurai, ninja, and dragon... I can't help but wanting to make a deck with them.

Aside from the obvious ninjutsu synergy, haste creature(ish) like Dragonwing Glider can also trigger it while providing an evasive equipment for others (Tetsuo, Imperial Champion/Goro-Goro, Disciple of Ryusei/Heiko Yamazaki, the General rejoice). The added red provides direct damage like Warstorm Surge which also synergizes with the dragon generation.

I'm very tempted to go full-arcane here also, but let's start with creatures. What do people think about Goro-Goro and Satoru?

Dragonlover
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Dragonlover » 1 year ago

First thing that comes to mind is stuff with raid from Khans block, also there might be some decent blitz stuff?

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Cyberium

Dragonlover wrote:
1 year ago
First thing that comes to mind is stuff with raid from Khans block, also there might be some decent blitz stuff?

Dragonlover
Most certainly, and those haste-elementals generate by cards such as Elemental Mastery.

And by the wording, you can create multiple dragons if you manage to damage more than one opponent.

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

Squee, Dubious Monarch, Goblin Rabblemaster, Legion Warboss.

Why run a bunch of creatures that can trigger the commander once when you can run cards that will trigger the commander every turn?
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

Cyberium

The Locust God is also another good choice, providing evasive haste tokens and allows easier ninjas.

darrenhabib

Post by darrenhabib » 1 year ago

Ninjutsu is a great way to get continuous triggers, because you can keep bouncing each other in order to enter the battlefield once again and you don't need to worry about the haste portion.
Cavern Harpy is another good one to keep bouncing creatures back to hand for additional triggers.

Cyberium

Goblin Assault is another. All goblins are ninja in disguise.

If we get multiple combats going as with Aggravated Assault/Hexplate Wallbreaker, even the recently created dragon tokens could attack again, therefore generate more dragons. Savage Beating allows the ability to trigger twice per combat.

If we have additional modify theme in the deck, Valduk, Keeper of the Flame with an Elemental Mastery is one way to provide lots of tokens all at once.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 1 year ago

Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
Goblin Assault is another. All goblins are ninja in disguise.

If we get multiple combats going as with Aggravated Assault/Hexplate Wallbreaker, even the recently created dragon tokens could attack again, therefore generate more dragons. Savage Beating allows the ability to trigger twice per combat.

If we have additional modify theme in the deck, Valduk, Keeper of the Flame with an Elemental Mastery is one way to provide lots of tokens all at once.
Man Hexplate Wallbreaker is such a goofy looking card. And for $2, a four equip AggAss is pretty reasonable.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Treamayne

Post by Treamayne » 1 year ago

You could also consider the Sneak Attack route to lower the cost of the initial attacker that will be bounced by the ninja. Sneak attack an ETB trigger value and/or evasive critter, Ninja swap on the attack. Repeat as necessary.

For going wide, you could also consider leveraging Reflections of Littjara/Mirror March/Flameshadow Conjuring and use the tokens as the bounce targets (or just to trigger the General's attack trigger themselves if they get through).

Consider also Dolmen Gate, since your trigger will incentivize heavy blocking - you want to survive the blocks.
Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
All goblins are ninja in disguise.
Sounds like a Dresden Files quote (Changes, Ch 35)
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Susan whispered. "What are those things?"
"I . . ." I swallowed. "I think they're goblins."
"You think?"
"I've never seen one before," I replied. "But . . . they match the descriptions I've heard."
"Shouldn't we be able to handle, like, a million of them?"
I snorted. "You liked those movies, too, huh?"
Her reply was a smile, one touched with sadness.
"Yeah," I said. "I was thinking of you when I saw them, too." I shook my head. "And no. This is a case of folklore getting it wrong. These guys are killers. They're sneaky and they're smart and they're ruthless. Like ninjas. From Krypton. Look what they did."
V/R

Treamayne

Ertai Planeswalker

Post by Ertai Planeswalker » 1 year ago

They will also be good with Myriad, given that this gives a hasty attacker for each opponent.

Cyberium

Ertai Planeswalker wrote:
1 year ago
They will also be good with Myriad, given that this gives a hasty attacker for each opponent.
Which also makes Helm of the Host a funny include here. I'm very much decided to go for an equipment-control route, taking ideas/cards from the Rebel precon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”