Take One Step

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

In this game/creative exercise, the task is to change only one aspect of the prior card from four options: Color; CMC; Supertype; or Type. Subtypes are at your discretion, as it is too difficult to transition from creatures to other card types otherwise. It is your decision which of these aspects to change when posting your submission. However, due to innate limitations, please refrain from submitting Land cards.

For examples of the directions you can move, we'll start with a well-known quantity ( Raging Goblin ) and use other examples to illustrate the options.

In changing the Color, we could have Will-o'-the-Wisp or Slippery Bogle.
In changing the CMC, we could have Balefire Dragon or Goblin Chainwhirler.
In changing (in this case, adding) a Supertype, we could have Norin the Wary.
In changing the Type, we could have Lightning Bolt.

We'll begin with one of my older cards.
Sacred Karma
1WW
Instant
Until end of turn, if a black or red source would cause you to lose life, its controller loses that much life instead. (Damage causes loss of life.)

Have fun. :thinking:
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

So white instant, different CMC?

Gisela's Deflection 1W
Instant
Prevent all damage target attacking creature would deal to creatures this turn. Gisela's Deflection deals 1 damage to that creature.
Draw a card.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Amuzet

Post by Amuzet » 4 years ago

So 'Color Shift'

Knowledge Deflection RR
Instant
If a player would draw a card this turn, they exile the top two cards of their library instead. Until the end of their next turn, they may play those cards.

Sojourner Dusk
Dominarian Hitchhiker

Post by Sojourner Dusk » 4 years ago

That's the spirit. Hmmm...
Emberstoker
1R
Creature - Spirit
When Emberstoker enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to each opponent.
1/1
May your games be chaotic and your decks be rogue.

UBR Nekusar (EDH)
RGW Mayael, Naturally (EDH)

Amuzet

Post by Amuzet » 4 years ago

Kindling Kavu
1R
Enchantment Creature - Kavu
Bestow 2RR
Enchanted creature gets +2/+1.
2/1

Cardz5000

Post by Cardz5000 » 4 years ago

Roiling Oracle
RG
Enchantment Creature - Spirit Druid
Flash
When Roiling Oracle enters the battlefield, reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land card, put it onto the battlefield. Otherwise, you may cast it.
1/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Raucous Multitude 3RG
Enchantment Creature - Satyr Druid
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw three cards, then discard two cards at random.
Whenever a land card is put into your graveyard from your hand or library, put that card onto the battlefield.
2/4
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

dyd
Randomancer

Post by dyd » 4 years ago

Passionate Smash 1rrgg
Sorcery
Target creature you control gains haste and trample and gets +4/+4 until end of turn. It fights target creature you don't control. (Each deals damage equal to its power to the other.)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Charge Metal and Flesh 1GGUU
Sorcery
You get EE, then you may pay any amount of E. Create X X/X colorless Construct artifact creature tokens and you gain X life, where X is the amount of E paid this way.

dyd
Randomancer

Swallower's Proportion 5gu
Sorcery
Target creature gains flying, trample and hexproof and has base power and toughness 6/6 until end of turn.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Flag of the Lava Sunset 5RW
Sorcery
Put a banner counter on target land. That land has indestructible and "T: Add RW" for as long as it has a banner counter on it. Then destroy all lands.

dyd
Randomancer

Lava Sunrise 5RW
Enchantment
Whenever you tap a land for mana, choose target creature an opponent controls at random. If it's untapped, tap it. Otherwise, ~ deals 2 damage to it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Three-Toothed Blade RW
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
If enchanted creature would assign any amount of combat damage, it assigns 3 damage instead.

dyd
Randomancer

Oath of Huatli rw
Legendary Enchantment
When Oath of Huatli enters the battlefield, up to one target creature you control gains lifelink until end of turn and fights another target creature.
Whenever a planeswalker you control is dealt damage for the first time in a turn, you may activate one of its loyalty abilities.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Forefoot, Mimicry Steed RW
Legendary Creature - Horse
Haste, vigilance
1R, T: Another target attacking creature becomes a copy of target blocking creature until end of turn.
1W, T: Another target blocking creature becomes a copy of target attacking creature until end of turn.
1/3

dyd
Randomancer

Bailea, Patron of Inventors 9RW
Legendary Creature - Angel
Convoke, improvise
Flying, vigilance, haste, first strike.
~ gets +1/+1 for each tapped artifact or creature you control.
1/1

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Teeka
RW
Creature - Human Artificer
Kicker 9
Artifact creatures you control have haste and vigilance.
If Teeka was kicked, create a colorless 5/5 Dragon artifact creature token with flying, trample, and rampage 4 (Whenever it gets blocked, it gets +4/+4 for each creature that blocks it beyond the first.)
1/2
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Assault Sliver
RW
Creature - Sliver
Sliver creatures have "Whenever this creature attacks, it's controller may put a +1/+1 counter on it."
2/2
Notes
Show
Hide
I really wanted to change the type, but an 11 mana cc is tough to work with, lol.

Edit: Fixed my oopsie
Last edited by Krishnath 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

dyd
Randomancer

Actually, you have changed both CMC and supertype... so you've broken the rules anyway :P

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

dyd wrote:
4 years ago
Actually, you have changed both CMC and supertype... so you've broken the rules anyway :P

Dang it. >.<

Edit: Give me a moment and I'll fix it.

Edit 2: Fixed.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Kanki-Kanki, the Climber 1R
Legendary Creature - Goblin Shaman
Reach
Kanki-Kanki can't be blocked by creatures with flying.
At the beginning of each player's end step, each tapped creature with flying that player controls deals damage equal to its power to them.
1/1

dyd
Randomancer

Jahil, Scourge of Pantries rw
Legendary Creature - Elemental Mouse
Mutate 2rw
Lifelink
Whenever this creature mutates, it deals 1 damage to any target.
2/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Niahaxis, Dolphin of the Flow UU
Legendary Creature - Whale Illusion
As long as Niahaxis is attacking, all lands are Islands and all other creatures are blue Illusions and have prowess.
1/1

dyd
Randomancer

Telepathic Beluga 1u
Creature - Whale
Whenever Telepathic Beluga attacks, defending player reveals their hand and the top card of their library. You may pay 4uu. If you do, that player puts target card from their hand on the bottom of their library, then draws a card.
1/2

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Enveloper Krasis 2UU
Creature - Squid Jellyfish
T: Until the beginning of your next turn, if an effect you control would cause a tapped permanent an opponent controls not to untap during its controller's untap step, instead you gain control of that permanent for as long as you control Enveloper Krasis.
2/4

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 4 years ago

Envelope 2uu
Enchantment - Aura (u)
Enchant tapped artifact. creature or land.
You control enchanted permanent. It doesn't untap during your untap step.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”