30+ Creature Type Changeling Tribal

Tribbles
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Tribbles » 2 years ago

For those that are running Grolnok, the Omnivore, you might want to run Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign. The pile that your opponent doesn't choose technically go from the library to your graveyard, so triggers Grolnok.

Just a fun little interaction I found in a game.
Error 404: Signature Not Found

Tags:

Falkenbach

Post by Falkenbach » 2 years ago

Building a changeling tribal list myself inspired by reading this primer and my recent love for Haakon.
Thinking of including The First Sliver , yet I am wondering what you guys think about the first sliver?
I'm running about 20 changelings - 3 slivers and 3 velis spells. But most of those are low cmc spells and i don't know/see if that matters at all?

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 2 years ago

Falkenbach wrote:
2 years ago
Building a changeling tribal list myself inspired by reading this primer and my recent love for Haakon.
Thinking of including The First Sliver , yet I am wondering what you guys think about the first sliver?
I'm running about 20 changelings - 3 slivers and 3 velis spells. But most of those are low cmc spells and i don't know/see if that matters at all?
I did a deck with first sliver as the commander. It was relatively good but my meta is kind of cutthroat and they would often times repeat spot remove my commander while moving quickly to pressure me out of the game. I started dismantling it more so because I can't really justify keeping a 5c deck together that is full of ABU duels just because I need them in so many decks. It worked quite well when it didn't immediately die to spot removal I even felt it was fairly good against sweepers the problem was more so the toxic fast meta I am in and how much bloody spot removal they run.

The First Sliver - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=36351
Sliver Hivelord - viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34170

I never ran Haakon myself but that was in part because it felt a little bit winmore based on my commander working for me in the first place with fist sliver. Like, if you assume that the commander sticks and you get to cascade a bunch then well.... you are probably doing well anyways but Haakon is a little winmore assuming everything is working to make him come out. I think that The First Sliver is a really good value generator it just has the issue that literally everyone wants to smash his face in.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Falkenbach

ISBPathfinder wrote:
2 years ago
I did a deck with first sliver as the commander. It was relatively good but my meta is kind of cutthroat and they would often times repeat spot remove my commander while moving quickly to pressure me out of the game. I started dismantling it more so because I can't really justify keeping a 5c deck together that is full of ABU duels just because I need them in so many decks. It worked quite well when it didn't immediately die to spot removal I even felt it was fairly good against sweepers the problem was more so the toxic fast meta I am in and how much bloody spot removal they run.
[/quote]

What about running him in the 99 ( I run the Ur-Dragon as commander) ? I have Tazri, Beacon of Unity slotted in right now. But Tazri feels really bad now that i think about it more. I'm actually trying to find another carddraw/cardadvantage option for a Tribal Tribal list.

materpillar
the caterpillar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by materpillar » 2 years ago

Falkenbach wrote:
2 years ago
My currents sliver selection is Manaweft Sliver, Gemhide Sliver, Hibernation Sliver and Sliver Hivelord. As for running The First Sliver, it depends on a few things. For me I'm running a no non-changeling relevant card list. As such any 2cmc mana-rock equivalent card is hyper important for me. Thus Manaweft Sliver and Gemhide Sliver are basically uncuttable due to the extremely tiny cardpool of mana rocks I have access to. From a pure power level, Hibernation Sliver is one of the strongest cards in my deck. It is the strongest blink enabler in my deck by far, in addition to be part of several infinite combos. That leaves me one last sliver slot. I've found my deck gets wrecked by wraths and removal and Sliver Hivelord consistently causes headaches for my opponents whenever it resolves. I've found that I really want to overcommit into a wrath spell with this deck and hive lord makes it hard for my opponents to punish that, especially with Mirror Entity.

I think from a maximizing win% view The First Sliver is probably better than Sliver Hivelord. The reason I don't run the first sliver is I personally greatly dislike cascade. I find that it disproportionately hogs game time at the table and is only interesting for the person who is cascading. If you resolve a 2cmc changeling in this deck, you'll almost certainly hit a 1cmc changeling and there's only a couple of those so that's going to be a lot of flipping cards. Heaven forbid you get some Kogla, the Titan Ape bouncing going and you cast the same changeling 3-4 times in one turn. That's going to just take a very large chunk of time to resolve those triggers. I cut Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign for a similar reason. The card is absolutely fantastic but I found it slowing my turns down to a crawl once my engine was chugging. So just personal preference, not power level reasons. If you're good at resolving stuff fast The First Sliver is likely to be a kill on sight or lose card for your opponents.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

@Falkenbach I have played it in the 99 as well. Its worth noting that its better if you run more higher cost changeling / slivers as I have run a deck that had a higher abundance of 1-3 cmc changelings and it was less good there. When I built with it as the commander I made almost all of my changelings 3+ cmc and focused on spells that I would want to cast at any time. If you look at counterspells and spot removal for instance its often a lot less good when getting them at random times. So, I found myself looking more for cards that were good to cast at any time when focusing on it.

Its a card that I have found to have a high target priority for many players in part because it does get out of control if left alone. The downside is that it costs so much that its hard to follow it up in the same turn with more plays.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Falkenbach

It needs more build around and needs more higher cmc changelings. Besides it would take alot of peoples time resolving finding an 1 drop of a 2 drop changeling. I am going more towards an attack focused build with the ur dragon. But so far is has a bit of everything still (etb / haakon) I play it in a less competitive playgroup so i can get away with it being less focused.

I can see Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign also be a problem in resolving if you loop lets say your champions with it. But on it own without the multiple etbs its less annoying for others I assume?

Chromaticus

Post by Chromaticus » 2 years ago

Does anyone have a budget list together for this archetype?

Probably either Tazri, Beacon of Unity or General Tazri in the command zone, the 17 changelings, and the cheaper lords.

But the manaaaaa…

My meta is very low-power, so I think just about anything would be viable.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Chromaticus wrote:
2 years ago

Probably either Tazri, Beacon of Unity or General Tazri in the command zone, the 17 changelings, and the cheaper lords.

But the manaaaaa…

The core of this deck is extremely inexpensive. Most of the strongest cards are <$5. I most frequently win with Mirror Entity and Dragon Tempest. Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign and Risen Reef all absolute powerhouses for example. A lot of the more expensive cards in my list are luxury and very replaceable. I got a Elephant Graveyard because its hilarious. From a strict power perspective, The World Tree is much stronger.

I'd start picking up some of these cards and building around them.
highest impact to $$$ cards
Show
Hide
Then just fill in the rest of the cards with changelings and stuff that has creature types in its text box.

As for the mana base, this is one of my favorite decks so I've spent years acquiring its mana base. If your meta game is a lot more chill. Don't sweat it and throw Vivid Crags and stuff in. I'd recommend focusing on having your cards mostly be 2-3 colors so most of your lands can produce those colors of mana. It'll reduce screwing. For example my list is mostly ugr and I've skewed my mana base in that direction.

Falkenbach wrote:
2 years ago
It needs more build around and needs more higher cmc changelings. Besides it would take alot of peoples time resolving finding an 1 drop of a 2 drop changeling. I am going more towards an attack focused build with the ur dragon. But so far is has a bit of everything still (etb / haakon) I play it in a less competitive playgroup so i can get away with it being less focused.

I can see Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign also be a problem in resolving if you loop lets say your champions with it. But on it own without the multiple etbs its less annoying for others I assume?
From a power perspective The First Sliver is going to be strong. It'll probably be a huge removal target but it'll generate insane value if it isn't answered.

I untapped with an unanswered Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign several times and every time I found that those turns took forever because I'd end up churning through a large portion of my deck since every changeling usually costs only 1-mana with him on the battlefield since he has so much mana reduction built in.. He fuels himself, he doesn't need any other engine pieces. Each of the triggers took a fair amount of time to resolve because both myself and my opponents had to think a fair amount about each pile. Triggering him 4 times in one turn is incredibly frustrating for opponents so I cut him. Just my personal experience, your mileage may vary.

offspring

Post by offspring » 2 years ago

Chromaticus wrote:
2 years ago

But the manaaaaa…

I don't have a budget list but the core of the deck is, however expensive the list as a whole can get, not very hard to come by: it's just a load of common and uncommon changelings. There are a bunch of cheap lords available that are quite good Drogskol Captain to name the first that pops in my head), and most of the decent draw engines aren't that costly (Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign for example). The concession you would be willing to make is to use generic ramp cards like Kodama's Reach and Rampant Growth and lean towards green. If you focus your list that way, Tazri, Beacon of Unity would probably make a pretty neat general. And my guess is it might not be as flavorful, but it'll probably be even better than most thematically optimized lists you find here because I think you can make it much more quick and consistent that way.

Sharpened

Post by Sharpened » 2 years ago

Chromaticus wrote:
2 years ago
Here's Tomer Abramovici's primer on the article that includes 2 budget lists: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/tr ... eim-update

Should give you a good starting point to modify towards your needs.

Falkenbach

I had my first 3 games in with my version of the deck. And can I say Dragon Tempest is a house! It did a ton of removal/damage in two of my games. I was a little flooded with changelings to.. i run 20 atm curious on how many most of you guys run?

materpillar
the caterpillar

Falkenbach wrote:
2 years ago
I had my first 3 games in with my version of the deck. And can I say Dragon Tempest is a house! It did a ton of removal/damage in two of my games. I was a little flooded with changelings to.. i run 20 atm curious on how many most of you guys run?
I run 17 Changeling creatures (although one is Moritte of the Frost, and he can be a non-Changeling as needed), 4 Changeling tutors (Cateran Summons, Vedalken Aethermage, Moggcatcher, and Skyshroud Poacher), and 3 non-land ways to bounce Changelings back to my hand. Plus a handful of recursion items like The Scarab God that can get Changelings back. So 26ish nom-land ways to get Changeling ETB triggers with a portion of those having non-Changeling utility.

Not really any specific metric behind why I run 17, just kind of the number I randomly settled on.

Any other standouts from your games?

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

I had been on 22 changelings but it was with First Sliver so they cascade when I cast them. Its a little different making the commander be the primary payoff rather than a bunch of lords in the deck even though I did have lords in the deck I had significantly less pushing more on setting up commander then cascade. I only had like 6-8ish large effect lords outside of my commander with a few minor buff lords like tapping for mana stuffs.

Falkenbach

materpillar wrote:
2 years ago

Any other standouts from your games?
A card that none of you will probably run as mine is combat focussed deck atm: Wings of Velis Vel and Haakon, Stromgald Scourge I pumped all my changelings (6) of them and killed the last remaining player with it. Yuriko, the Tiger's Shadow is also a great card aldo i am sure she won't stick arround in futur games since she did arround 40-50 damage arround the table in one game. Aldo do take these plays/games with a grain of salt as the pod I was running did not have much removal and when they did they didn't use it very wisely :)

Sylvia Brightspear + Hellkite Courser made one player get hit with the Ur-Dragon for 20 damage and died the next players turn to a drain effect. Its a good finisher but doesnt appeal to @materpillar Idea. (I think)

I might cut 1-2 changelings tho and try add in some new flavourfull cards. The changeling tribal Idea can go into wide variants so it speaks to me alot as I really had alot of fun running it. And alot of people where interested in cards they had never seen before. (For that alone I really wanna thank Materpillar and the people in it for discussing cards and their playability, giving suggestions,..)

I might change the combat focus more in a TAP/UNTAP build as I already have a multiple combat centered decks (Varina, Vae Victis, Akiri) It will probably not be as powerfull as your ETB build or as cutthroat as a combat focused deck, But I plan to run it against 6-7 "powerlevel" decks so it will make me have fun there.

materpillar
the caterpillar

Falkenbach wrote:
2 years ago
Sylvia Brightspear + Hellkite Courser made one player get hit with the Ur-Dragon for 20 damage and died the next players turn to a drain effect. Its a good finisher but doesnt appeal to @materpillar Idea. (I think)
I used to run Sylvia Brightspear and her partner but I cut her for Dragon Tempest as the tempest gives The Ur-Dragon haste so it hits for 20 over 2 turns which is the same as Sylvia Brightspear with a summoning sick dragon. I found that combat focus changelings resulted in my overcommitting into wrath spells a bunch which is why I steered more to my current list.
I might cut 1-2 changelings tho and try add in some new flavourfull cards. The changeling tribal Idea can go into wide variants so it speaks to me alot as I really had alot of fun running it. And alot of people where interested in cards they had never seen before. (For that alone I really wanna thank Materpillar and the people in it for discussing cards and their playability, giving suggestions,..)
Playing super random cards is the best part of the deck! I just cut Elder Pine of Jukai which was probably my favorite really random card. I could probably make a second lower power deck from all the cards I've cut. Maybe I should do that. Hrmmm.
I might change the combat focus more in a TAP/UNTAP build as I already have a multiple combat centered decks (Varina, Vae Victis, Akiri) It will probably not be as powerfull as your ETB build or as cutthroat as a combat focused deck, But I plan to run it against 6-7 "powerlevel" decks so it will make me have fun there.
I used to run Myr Galvanizer as a way to go infinite with Shapesharer but I was constantly underwhelmed with it. I never really jumped through a bunch of hoops to make it powerful though. Curious to see how your build will end up.

offspring

Got another game in with my list last week some highlights:

Cryptbreaker keeps overperforming. Somehow I managed to play it on turn one two games in a row, and in both games it proved to be a valuable engine on its own. Discard something on turn two to create a zombie, and play a changeling on turn three to start drawing cards has proven to be amazing.
Pyre of Heroes is better than I thought. I removed Moggcatcher for it to test it, drew it in the first game I ran it, and saccing the zombie I created to search for Universal Automaton, then saccing that for Shapesharer and that for Haakon, Stromgald Scourge was great. Yes, that meant three turns and saccing some stuff, but activating it the turn it ETB'd felt really good.
Spellstutter Sprite is a card people somehow forget about, and that makes it a neat trick. It requires some work, and maybe I sould replace it with Nameless Inversion for the sake of recursion and changelings - but I'm not sure.
Merrow Commerce is always neat, but never overwhelming. I don't actually know if the extra draws it gave me with Cryptbreaker for example still justify it. It's absolutely friggin amazing with Maskwood Nexus out, but then again - what isn't?
Cryptic Gateway is above the MV I like to run but well timed, it's a piece of art. I've never been disappointed with it.

Lastly, I'd like to share a thought. Have we ever considered running Command Beacon? The Ur-Dragon costs 10 to begin with and recasting it is a huge pain (even though half the time, I don't cast him at all.) Plus: with Cryptic Gateway we can give it pseudo-haste (I don't think there's any other synergies besides stuff with Dragon Tempest plus something like Amoeboid Changeling and Wirewood Symbiote). I'm still considering putting Crucible of Worlds back in because of all the fetch we run, and it would synergize neatly with it. It's a bit of a stretch, but if your mana base can support it, it might be worth a try.

materpillar
the caterpillar

offspring wrote:
2 years ago
Cryptbreaker keeps overperforming. Somehow I managed to play it on turn one two games in a row, and in both games it proved to be a valuable engine on its own. Discard something on turn two to create a zombie, and play a changeling on turn three to start drawing cards has proven to be amazing.
It's one of the better Haakon, Stromgald Scourge enablers for sure. Glad to hear that it's working out for you. I'm kind of tempted to try and slot in Haakon, Stromgald Scourge based on some of your experiences. Hrm.
Pyre of Heroes is better than I thought. I removed Moggcatcher for it to test it, drew it in the first game I ran it, and saccing the zombie I created to search for Universal Automaton, then saccing that for Shapesharer and that for Haakon, Stromgald Scourge was great. Yes, that meant three turns and saccing some stuff, but activating it the turn it ETB'd felt really good.
I'm worried that Pyre of Heroes will linearize the deck's gameplay a bit much. That's the main reason I haven't tested it. Be curious to know if you search for different stuff or always look for the same creatures.
Spellstutter Sprite is a card people somehow forget about, and that makes it a neat trick. It requires some work, and maybe I sould replace it with Nameless Inversion for the sake of recursion and changelings - but I'm not sure.
People forget about it because it's really bad in EDH for the most part. Except here and fairy tribal. I don't think I've ever seen a fairy tribal deck out in the wild. I think Spellstutter Sprite is better than Nameless Inversion solely because Cyclonic Rift exists. You can also softlock a table with Emiel the Blessed effects, which is comparable to the Haakon loops with inversion.

The only time I've cast the sprite was to counter a Finale of Devastation where X=10 so I might be biased here.
Merrow Commerce is always neat, but never overwhelming. I don't actually know if the extra draws it gave me with Cryptbreaker for example still justify it. It's absolutely friggin amazing with Maskwood Nexus out, but then again - what isn't?
Cryptic Gateway is above the MV I like to run but well timed, it's a piece of art. I've never been disappointed with it.
I don't have enough tap effects for Merrow Commerce, I just wanted to note that Seahunter can tutor for it because it's a merfolk card. Pretty useful if you're looking to do that kind of stuff.

Cryptic Gateway is immensely strong. Just making all your creatures flash/uncounterable makes your gameplan so much more resilient. That's before silly Wirewood Symbiote stuff starts happening.
Lastly, I'd like to share a thought. Have we ever considered running Command Beacon? The Ur-Dragon costs 10 to begin with and recasting it is a huge pain (even though half the time, I don't cast him at all.) Plus: with Cryptic Gateway we can give it pseudo-haste (I don't think there's any other synergies besides stuff with Dragon Tempest plus something like Amoeboid Changeling and Wirewood Symbiote). I'm still considering putting Crucible of Worlds back in because of all the fetch we run, and it would synergize neatly with it. It's a bit of a stretch, but if your mana base can support it, it might be worth a try.
My mana base isn't nearly stable enough for another colorless land. I don't know that Cryptic Gateway needs any more support. If I'm casting the ur-dragon it's either super late game or with morophon. In either case saving one mana with command beacon probably isn't worth it for me.

What's your Haakon package looking like? How many ways do you have to get it in play and what sac outlets to exploit it do you run?

Haman

Post by Haman » 2 years ago

Mythos of Brokkos to put hakkon in graveyard and get back 2 other cards... jarad's order also would work

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 2 years ago

materpillar wrote:
2 years ago
I'm worried that Pyre of Heroes will linearize the deck's gameplay a bit much. That's the main reason I haven't tested it. Be curious to know if you search for different stuff or always look for the same creatures.
It does, but only if you play Haakon, which is obviously the first thing you search for, since he lets you replay your sacrificed creatures to re-use on the Pyre. He is like a secret commander whenever he comes into play. If you DON'T play Haakon, Pyre can still be very powerful (not as powerful as with Haakon ofc) and I would imagine there will be more lines to differate depending on the situation you are in.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Teneb, the Harvester AntiBlack Pestilence
Dakkon Blackblade Control
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain
Minsc, Beloved Ranger Win(nie)s
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Dredge/Reanimator
Hans Eriksson Smash

offspring

materpillar wrote:
2 years ago
The only time I've cast the sprite was to counter a Finale of Devastation where X=10 so I might be biased here.
Well that's extraordinary. The main reason I doubt Spellstutter Sprite is because sometimes I lack changeling presence. You had twelve at the time? I'm not sure I ever had that much to begin with, let alone with the sprite in hand.
materpillar wrote:
2 years ago
I don't have enough tap effects for Merrow Commerce, I just wanted to note that Seahunter can tutor for it because it's a merfolk card. Pretty useful if you're looking to do that kind of stuff.
I know, that's why I left Seahunter in and took out Moggcatcher for Pyre of Heroes. Speaking of which, I tend to tutor for Morophon, the Boundless with my (other) tutors. I actually think Pyre of Heroes is more flexible since it can find other stuff than changelings, like Haakon, Stromgald Scourge, Knight Exemplar, or Azami, Lady of Scrolls. I'd love for a way to untap it though, since the line I used this first time was token --> one mana changeling --> two mana changeling --> haakon - which took me three turns.
materpillar wrote:
2 years ago
What's your Haakon package looking like? How many ways do you have to get it in play and what sac outlets to exploit it do you run?
Not that special I guess, my list isn't centered around him at all. I run it for value, since changelings can die like any creature and my meta does run its boardwipes. But that's proven to be more than enough. First of all, off course it's really really good with Crib Swap. For discarding it, I have Cryptbreaker (which is a zombie as well, which is cute) I can tutor it to the battlefield with Seahunter, Skyshroud Poacher and Pyre of Heroes, and you can put him into play with Cryptic Gateway and off course mr. The Ur-Dragon himself. So that'd be seven ways. In my experience, that's enough. The deck can quite consistently draw cards, so I've managed to discard him EOT as well once or twice. The only sac outlet I currently run is Pyre of Heroes.
I should add that I was really impressed with finding two-drops (which I run a ton, I discovered) by repeatedly saccing and replaying Universal Automaton.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 2 years ago

I would like to mention that an excellent card that works great both as a sac outlet for Haakon (a combo piece too) AND has saved many of my creatures A LOT, is Goblin Chirurgeon. Makes your opponents REALLY think about what they are going to target vs this deck.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Teneb, the Harvester AntiBlack Pestilence
Dakkon Blackblade Control
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain
Minsc, Beloved Ranger Win(nie)s
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Dredge/Reanimator
Hans Eriksson Smash

offspring

Sefir wrote:
2 years ago
I would like to mention that an excellent card that works great both as a sac outlet for Haakon (a combo piece too) AND has saved many of my creatures A LOT, is Goblin Chirurgeon. Makes your opponents REALLY think about what they are going to target vs this deck.
I remember considering it before and I might even have one lying around (probably in a Grenzo, Dungion Warden temporary deck that I built a while ago). Would have to really consider what to cut (maybe test cutting Merrow Commerce) but I love the option and the art of the first version is as janky as it gets for this list.

narglfrob

Post by narglfrob » 2 years ago

offspring wrote:
2 years ago
I'd love for a way to untap it though, since the line I used this first time was token --> one mana changeling --> two mana changeling --> haakon - which took me three turns.
Fwiw, I run Merrow Reejerey with Pyre of Heroes to very good results.

I like Merrow Reejerey because:
  • It allows you to activate Pyre of Heroes multiple times in one turn
  • It effectively makes all changelgings cost one coloured mana less (so many of them become totally free)
  • It goes (nearly) infinite with Hibernation Sliver because of this
  • It generates LOTS of mana with something like Harabaz Druid or similar.
Because Merrow Reejerey goes infinite (or nearly so) in so many different ways, I consider it one of the most threatening cards in my deck.

For enabling Haakon, Stromgald Scourge I currently only run Pyre and Voldaren Estate (i.e. I mostly rely on getting The Ur-Dragon into play via Morophon, the Boundless when I want to get Haakon, Stromgald Scourge into play from my hand). I should probably revisit Cryptbreaker and Cryptic Gateway and Goblin Chirurgeon (as a payoff)

TankReady

Post by TankReady » 2 years ago

Ok so first of all, hi everyone! I created the account exclusively for this thread :rofl:

I found the primer for a deck like this on mtggoldfish and fell instantly in love.
Playing janky weird unused cards and absurd combos is something I have so much fun with, I can overlook the fact it might make me lose more than I woud like.
I'm testing my version of this deck mainly in a 1vs1 meta (covid is making multiplayer difficult in lgs, and at the moment I have only one regular opponent) which may not be the best environment for it to thrive in, but I'm having fun nonetheless.
Allmighty

Commander

Approximate Total Cost:

This is the iteration of the deck I started running (already tweaked a card here and there). The duals are actually shocklands (as right now pretty much everything is proxy and I would like to use cards I will actually get. 1 each of every dual for a commander deck is definitely NOT in my budget lol).
There are some cards I'm starting to realize seemed good on paper but actually gets stuck in hand most often than not, or result less impactful than I want them to be.

Among them The First Sliver Felidar Sovereign Valiant Changeling Boggart Birth Rite are most likely going to be cut.
This thread is providing LOTS of interesting ideas, and I was leaning towards the ETB variant of the deck.
I'll probably start a new list altogether trying to focus more on the ETB triggers so that each card has a purpose on the field but also when they enter it.

Right now one of my biggest issue is the favourite deck of my regular opponent, which is monowhite angel lead by Avacyn, Angel of Hope
Unless I have Crib Swap ready, if she comes in and a wrath goes off, I usually find myself kinda stuck.
Also, I noticed I'm almost always empty handed as the cmc discounts make me put everything down and I have to rely to topdecks after a wipe so getting stuff that does things even only coming into play will help a lot.
I admit I didn't read ALL the pages of the thread so forgive me if it was already talked about: what is the opinion about Hellkite Courser [/card]? The couple times I played it I appreciated the help it brought to the table, and it's juicy to pull off Magda (had I ever managed to use her, it seems to hide in my deck and I NEVER see her. Played her only once and she died before she could make the 5th treasure).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”