30+ Creature Type Changeling Tribal

Elywood
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Elywood » 1 year ago

Any chance we can link everyone's decklists here? Would love to compare the different tech people are running

Tags:

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 1 year ago

offspring wrote:
1 year ago
- Evelyn, the Covetous is a HOUSE. She ensured landdrops each turn and secured the game because I could use Spellstutter Sprite on a key spell.
Interesting. She seems like exactly what I want to be doing. Maybe I'll give her a shot.
Also, thought: I'm currently considering Homing Sliver. I personally run three slivers now (Manaweft Sliver, Gemhide Sliver and Hibernation Sliver) which is already plenty, but an uncounterable instant speed tutor for any changeling (or ramp/fix for that matter) in our deck is really good I think. It might even be better than Cateran Summons since it finds Hibernation Sliver which is one of the best cards in my list. Don't exactly know to what extent is has been discussed or tested already.
I doubt Homing Sliver is better than Cateran Summons because it is so much more expensive. Cateran summons is basically a Disenchant effect with Masked Vandal. Paying 4 for that is a lot more than 2. Basically I'd only recommend homing if your really really want 2 copies of hibernation sliver. I think that streamlines the deck in an unexciting fashion.

That being said I'm currently running Vedalken Aethermage because it finds Azami, Lady of Scrolls, Grell Philospher, Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate and (probably most importantly) Spellstutter Sprite, on top of all the Changelings. It's an additional counterspell/mana fixing/card advantage/or a Changeling. That's significantly less streamlined than being basically a second copy of hibernation sliver.
Elywood wrote:
1 year ago
Any chance we can link everyone's decklists here? Would love to compare the different tech people are running
My current list is on the front page of the primer. I keep that list up to date. I'd be curious to know what other people are running.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

Elywood wrote:
1 year ago
viewtopic.php?t=36351

Its been a while since I touched my own list but I enjoyed it quite a bit and it had a very different approach. I never approach 4+ color decks with a plan to keep them together long term though due to how many assets they can end up committing to one deck. I did have some difficulty in that my meta shifted to be somewhat heavy on proactive gameplans that run a bunch of spot removal and I ate a lot of spot removal last I played it lol. I did really enjoy the puzzle of building a cascade focused deck though and I thought the deck was a lot of fun.

I played in a meta a step down from cEDH just as some background. I saw plenty of games end by turns 4-6 but most of my games on average would go to turns 8-12. My own approach varied quite a bit from most of those here looking more like a slivers base but I think it still fits in this primer's concept enough to link my list here.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Elywood

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
My current list is on the front page of the primer. I keep that list up to date. I'd be curious to know what other people are running.
Yea appreciate all the effort you put into writing this primer. I saw a section at the bottom which contained a few hard-copies of people's decks, but would be super cool to have a live link since there are so many different changeling packages being discussed here

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 1 year ago

Elywood wrote:
1 year ago
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3711923#paper

This is my current list. I consider it quite fast and powerful (unchecked it can kill/make people concede at t5-6 pretty frequently), the most powerful deck I own tbh, even with the "everything must be tribal" restriction.
Currently testing new toys like Multiclass Baldric, Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes and Volo, Itinerant Scholar.....
Last edited by Sefir 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Teneb, the Harvester AntiBlack Pestilence
Dakkon Blackblade Control
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain
Minsc, Beloved Ranger Win(nie)s
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Dredge/Reanimator
Hans Eriksson Smash

offspring

Post by offspring » 1 year ago

Elywood wrote:
1 year ago
I uploaded my current list here: https://archidekt.com/decks/2956781#The_Ur-Changelings

jr2694

Post by jr2694 » 1 year ago

Would anyone have more of an "all-in" combo version? Combat make head hurt

materpillar
the caterpillar

Just played a three person game yesterday versus Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider and Syrix, Carrier of the Flame. First time I've played with this deck in a while because it's pretty high power for my playgroup.

A few bites. Cast Grolnok, the Omnivore for the first time. The amount of card advantage this man puts out is insane.

I have an immensely difficult time not paying 6 life a turn to Black Market Connections.

Sliver Hivelord continues to outperform in my metagame by allowing me to over extend without retribution.

Evelyn, the Covetous didn't have much of an impact but that's mostly because using her on webcam is a pain and Grolnok, the Omnivore was already exiling a 10+ cards.

I dealt about 20 damage to myself with Black Market Connections but all the advantage let me get Sliver Hivelord + Maskwood Nexus along with Grolnok, the Omnivore for some massive value. I also got The Ur-Dragon out and several triggers of value.I Didgeridoo'd Kogla, the Titan Ape into play to kill Syrix, Carrier of the Flame which saved me a whole pile of life since they were trying to work together to kill phoenixes and do a bunch of face damage. I stuck Reaper King at 9 life blew up a handful of things with Shapesharer and Hibernation Sliver. Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider slammed down Vigor which got scary huge (26/26) but I managed to find a Crib Swap to prevent it from slamming me for lethal.

He then cast Nyxbloom Ancient. I copied it with Shapesharer and went infinite with this decks standard combo of Nyxbloom Ancient+Katilda, Dawnhart Prime+Changeling Berserker+Hibernation Sliver+Seraph Sanctuary+Moritte of the Frost (copying Seraph Sanctuary for infinite Changeling ETBs alongside Reaper King.

@jr2694
… eh. I mean my list plays out as a combo-control deck. If it wins with combat it's usually only only via Mirror Entity for hilarious overkill or some The Ur-Dragon beats. Otherwise, it's piecing together 4-7 card infinite combos like the one I posted above. I'm not sure that finding those combo lines in my deck is any easier than combat math. Part of the reason I enjoy this deck so very much is that I've built it in a way that it doesn't have an incredibly repetitive, streamlined win condition.

What kind of combo are you looking for? There's Haakon, Stromgald Scourge sacrifice loops. There's Hibernation Sliver bounce loops. There's storming through the deck with Earthcraft effects + Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign effects. You can take this deck a lot of different ways.

What exactly do you mean by all in? It's really easy to include Mirror Entity and Priest of Titania into a "combo" version of this deck and then happen to look down at a pile of Changelings you're trying to go infinite with and just go "huh, looks like I have lethal, we'll forget that other plan…"

jr2694

Post by jr2694 » 1 year ago

Not seeing the earthcraft/unesh synergies. But I'm a fan of tap/untap combos, or blinking; but more generic than allies

materpillar
the caterpillar

jr2694 wrote:
1 year ago
Not seeing the earthcraft/unesh synergies. But I'm a fan of tap/untap combos, or blinking; but more generic than allies
Play a Changeling that costs 1. When it ETBs draw a handful of cards. Use the Changeling you just cast to tap for mana to cast another Changeling. Draw some cards. Repeat until most of deck has been played. I actually cut Unesh because I don't enjoy this play pattern.

I think @Sefir's list is the closest to what you're asking for? This deck can be pretty metagame dependent and can wildly vary in its strength depending on how you build it.

Gentle Giant
It's all jank, always has been

Post by Gentle Giant » 1 year ago

Elywood wrote:
1 year ago
Although not one list (I use batches to randomize the deck each game), I've just posted mine here: viewtopic.php?p=231974#p231974
Remember: not everyone is intent on 'growing as a player', analysing their meta and adapting to it, etc. For some people, Magic is just another board game.

Decklists:
A boy and his dog: an adventure (Rograkh & Yoshimaru) | Storytelling, Jank, Cute
Averna, Roulette Croupier: Cascade Chaos | Cascade, Chaos, Group Choices
The Ur-Dragon Tribal Tribal | Randomized Batches, Diverse, Quirky
Zirda, Patron Goddess of Trash Artisanry | Trash for Treasure, Artifact Aristocrats, low-powered

materpillar
the caterpillar

@Gentle Giant
@ISBPathfinder
@Elywood
@Sefir
@offspring
@Tribbles
@narglfrob

I'd like everyone to know this primer now has an official theme song.

offspring

Post by offspring » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
I Didgeridoo'd Kogla, the Titan Ape into play
This is one for the ages. I love that this deck leads to sentences like this.
materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
I'd like everyone to know this primer now has an official theme song.
Yes. YES! I will have this on repeat anytime I'm on this thread now. This is amazing.

Elywood

Hahah love it. Adding my current list: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/dcoXkstI8E28aWZuHhsp4A

Sefir

Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

materpillar
the caterpillar

The griffin lord seems fairly weak. Making 2/2s is ok but it seems way way worse than Spawning Kraken. This just sounds like asking for a wrath spell to blow you out.

Rohgah also seems fairly weak. Just slam Lathliss, Dragon Queen instead. Getting 5/5s for free on ETB is just so much stronger than on cast for 2.

If you really want to go wide with tokens they could both have a home.
@Gentle Giant will almost certainly slot them into his build-a-bear style of deck though. Especially since the griffin is a self-contained engine.

The assassin is just weak. Giving Changelings +1/+1 just isn't enough at all. The Gotcha moment will be cute exactly once and then people will focus you down pretty hard.

I can see potential with the archer elf. There's a few folks here that run Merrow Commerce. The archer elf can be searched up with Skyshroud Poacher which is awesome. It has some conditional draw which is nice. It also has a higher upside than commerce with additional untaps. It is a lot more vulnerable to removal though. It might be interesting to throw both into my deck. I'm not sure I have enough synergies though. Hrmm. Skyshroud Poacher finding Mirror Entity and then this archer lets the poacher just pop off. That's reaaaally tempting.

Tribbles

Post by Tribbles » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
The griffin lord seems fairly weak. Making 2/2s is ok but it seems way way worse than Spawning Kraken. This just sounds like asking for a wrath spell to blow you out.

Rohgah also seems fairly weak. Just slam Lathliss, Dragon Queen instead. Getting 5/5s for free on ETB is just so much stronger than on cast for 2.

If you really want to go wide with tokens they could both have a home.
@Gentle Giant will almost certainly slot them into his build-a-bear style of deck though. Especially since the griffin is a self-contained engine.

The assassin is just weak. Giving Changelings +1/+1 just isn't enough at all. The Gotcha moment will be cute exactly once and then people will focus you down pretty hard.

I can see potential with the archer elf. There's a few folks here that run Merrow Commerce. The archer elf can be searched up with Skyshroud Poacher which is awesome. It has some conditional draw which is nice. It also has a higher upside than commerce with additional untaps. It is a lot more vulnerable to removal though. It might be interesting to throw both into my deck. I'm not sure I have enough synergies though. Hrmm. Skyshroud Poacher finding Mirror Entity and then this archer lets the poacher just pop off. That's reaaaally tempting.
I agree with this summary. The Elf archer is definitely worth a try. The untapping is amazing in combination with Magda. One that I've seen that I think would be quite relevant is Ratadrabik of Urborg. Vigilance is a good keyword to have given the slew of relevant tapping abilities, and a lot of lords are Legendary anyway so the persistence of lord effects are would be quite valuable?

Rundvelt Hordemaster was spoiled too, but I don't think that's relevant. Plaza of Heroes seems like a boring auto-include.
Error 404: Signature Not Found

materpillar
the caterpillar

Cah slam. Now to cut Spit Flame or Silumgar, the Drifting Death? Huuh

Sefir

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
I hate how he is not an auto-include in Haakon builds.
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

Tribbles

Post by Tribbles » 1 year ago

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago

Cah slam. Now to cut Spit Flame or Silumgar, the Drifting Death? Huuh
Probably Spit Flame? Being able to get some Dragons back to kamikaze through extra -1/-1s (or bring Silumgar back himself) I think has more value.
Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
I feel this to my core. He only also brings back "Dragon creature spells" as opposed to Haakon's "Knight cards", so the Tribal instants that I like to run would also be useless :pensive: It feeds Spawnsire of Ulamog nicely though, I'm imagining that as an alt win-con.
Error 404: Signature Not Found

materpillar
the caterpillar

Had a banger of a game yesterday versus Henzie "Toolbox" Torre and Syrix, Carrier of the Flame.

T4 got my Priest of Titania and Harabaz Druid killed by Toxic Deluge.
T5 I got Harabaz Druid back with Graveshifter and it immediately got killed by Syrix, Carrier of the Flame
T6 I cast Patron of the Vein. It almost immediately died to Decimate alongside my Gaea's Cradle. :(
The next couple of turns I used Wirewood Symbiote and Graveshifter to loop Patron of the Vein and Risen Reef. I ate a Drakuseth, Maw of Flames attack and a Noxious Gearhulk trigger.
T10 I was down to 6 with only lands, Risen Reef on board with no cards in hand I topdecked my last 11th land for The World Tree. I got about 15 Risen Reef triggers and The Scarab God mid-combat to survive Henzies large board. He'd been popping off with Ancient Copper Dragon. He flipped out a bit and cast blasphemous act post combat leaving me with 3 random Changelings that I'd championed away and him with my Sliver Hivelord.
T11 I dropped Cryptic Gateway. He cast damnation (to lethal me with my sliver hiverlord. I responded with Gateway to play Graveshiftervedalken aethermage. Cast the Aethermage to bounce sliver hivelord. Gateway the Hivelord into play. He uses chaos warp on the Hivelord. I tap Aethermage and my last Changeling to put Linvala, Shield of Sea Gate into play to give my board hexproof and fizzle the chaos warp. That line felt so good.
T12 was just wrapping up the game. I got Azami, Lady of Scrolls and The Scarab God into play. Killed another thing with a zombie token of Patron of the Vein.
T13 Psyonic Ritual on his Rise of the Dark Realms getting a pile of stuff that would lethal him. The quickest line was Harabaz Druid+Mirror Entity.

Notes:
Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
Tribbles wrote:
1 year ago
Probably Spit Flame? Being able to get some Dragons back to kamikaze through extra -1/-1s (or bring Silumgar back himself) I think has more value.

I feel this to my core. He only also brings back "Dragon creature spells" as opposed to Haakon's "Knight cards", so the Tribal instants that I like to run would also be useless :pensive: It feeds Spawnsire of Ulamog nicely though, I'm imagining that as an alt win-con.
I think the Spawnsire is a bit of a reach. If you've brought back that much stuff you've probably already won.

Pretty sure he's still a slam include in Haakon decks. I mean he isn't Haakon but he's recursion stapled onto Worn Powerstone. He's one of the best mana dorks printed recently.

Sefir

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Pretty sure he's still a slam include in Haakon decks. I mean he isn't Haakon but he's recursion stapled onto Worn Powerstone. He's one of the best mana dorks printed recently.
He does however prevent you from any value loops and continuous card replays (let's say with Goblin Chirurgeon and changelings) if you have both that and Haakon in play. You need to kill Rivaz first, otherwise he exiles your stuff after their second sacrifice. Concidering that Pyres into Haakon, then Replay the creature I just sacced to sacrifice it again to Pyres next turn is a usual line of my deck, I am still VERY sceptical of Rivaz. Powerful Mana dork ofc

In other news, I was able to steal an opponent's Marit Lage (turned her into a changeling with Amoeboid Changeling and Peer Pressure her), and then immediately used Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes to throw the beforementioned Marit Lage to my opponent's face (and me drawing 20 cards). Biggest Hamster I have ever tactically thrown.
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

materpillar
the caterpillar

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago

He does however prevent you from any value loops and continuous card replays (let's say with Goblin Chirurgeon and changelings) if you have both that and Haakon in play. You need to kill Rivaz first, otherwise he exiles your stuff after their second sacrifice. Concidering that Pyres into Haakon, then Replay the creature I just sacced to sacrifice it again to Pyres next turn is a usual line of my deck, I am still VERY sceptical of Rivaz. Powerful Mana dork ofc
On the upside you do get to slam Shadow-Rite Priest into your deck. A card that is very tempting for me too since I've got some tasty big black creatures in Sliver Hivelord, Reaper King, Patron of the Vein, Evelyn, the Covetous and Silumgar, the Drifting Death.
In other news, I was able to steal an opponent's Marit Lage (turned her into a changeling with Amoeboid Changeling and Peer Pressure her), and then immediately used Minsc & Boo, Timeless Heroes to throw the beforementioned Marit Lage to my opponent's face (and me drawing 20 cards). Biggest Hamster I have ever tactically thrown.
Noice! How have Minsc and Boo been working out for you? They look interesting but I was worried I wouldn't actually be using them with changelings since they're kind of a self contained engine.

Sefir

materpillar wrote:
1 year ago
Noice! How have Minsc and Boo been working out for you? They look interesting but I was worried I wouldn't actually be using them with changelings since they're kind of a self contained engine.
I rarely sacrifice actual changelings tbh, since I never run out of Boos. He really shines with Mirror Entity ofc. Making a huge Boo into a changeling is always a + (He has fought and killed many creatures thank to Ayula). And, as good as Minsc is in an aggro-combo list as mine, I have a feeling that he will be even better in a more midrangey list like yours.
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

Dragonlover

Post by Dragonlover » 1 year ago

Does Baru, Wurmspeaker go in any of your decks? I feel like trample to the teams after a Mirror Entity activation is pretty cool.

Dragonlover
All my decks are here

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”