The DCC - November 30th, 2022

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people.  Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread.  If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread.  If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

DCC Scoreboard

Rithaniel 100 (+4)
void_nothing 90 (+4)
bravelion83 67 (+2)
netn10 64 (+4)
wizyard 44
marioguy3 37 (+1)
Riria 8
OneAndOnly 6 (+2)
marioguy3 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Destructive Gambit
Sorcery (Rare)
Create three 1/1 red Goblin Berserker creature tokens. They gain "When this creature deals damage to a creature, this token deals twice that much damage to each opponent.
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Rithaniel, marioguy3

Fate Smiles Upon Us W
Sorcery (Common)
Choose one -
* Return target creature card with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.
* Return up to two target creature cards with mana value 2 or less from your graveyard to your hand.
wizyard wrote:
1 year ago
netn10, void_nothing

Dream Vault
Artifact (R)
Dream Vault enters the battlefield with a number of dream counters on it equal to the number of cards in your hand.
When you have no cards in hand, sacrifice Dream Vault. If you do, draw a card for each dream counter on Dream Vault.
bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, Rithaniel

Mechanical Hydra XX
Artifact Creature — Hydra (R)
Prototype XGG 0/0
Mechanical Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Trample, haste
0/0
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: bravelion82, netn10
Fiery Lash -- R
Instant
Fiery Lash deals one damage to any target.
Surge -- If that player, or the controller of the permanent targeted this way, has more cards in hands than spells they have cast this turn, Fiery Lash deals three damage to that target instead.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: OneAndOnly, Rithaniel

Sifaka Umbra 2W
Enchantment - Aura (U)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has flying, vigilance, and "Whenever a creature or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, this creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn."
Totem armor
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Mysterious Letter
Artifact - Clue U
, Sacrifice Mysterious Letter: Draw a card. Then create a 1/1 white and blue Bird creature token with flying if or was spent to activate this ability and may have any number of target players each mill two cards if or was spent to activate this ability.
"It came by dove, but I don't recognize the language."
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, wizyard

HM: Rithaniel, void_nothing

Iridescent Flower 2
Artifact (U)
Iridescent Flower enters the battlefield tapped with two charge counters on it.
T, Remove a charge counter from Iridescent Flower: Add one mana of any color.
4, T: Proliferate.
Each petal a different alloy.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, Rithaniel

Engine Station
Artifact (Rare)
Whenever a vehicle you control attacks, create an X/X colorless Construct token, where X is the number of artifacts you control.
Sacrifice three lands: Exile all Constructs. Any player may activate this ability.
Cycling
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: Rithaniel, wizyard

Temporal Strike U
Instant (Uncommon)
Until end of turn, target creature's base power becomes 1 and it gains double strike until end of turn.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

The Burning Past
Creature - Avatar R
Haste, vigilance
When The Burning Past enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a card type and exile all cards of that type from graveyards. The Burning Past gets +X/+0 until the beginning of your next upkeep where X is the number of cards exiled this way.
0/4
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Votes: Rithaniel, netn10
Fiery Lash v. 2 -- R
Instant {C}
Fiery Lash v. 2 deals one damage to any target.
Surge -- If you have more cards in hand than spells you have cast this turn, Fiery Lash v. 2 deals 3 damage to that target instead.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Phyrexian Detonator 2
Artifact (R)
Pay 3 life: Your opponents and permanents they control lose hexproof, protection, and ward until end of turn.
XX, T, Sacrifice Phyrexian Detonator: It deals X damage to any target and you gain X life.
Unearth BR
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”