The Jumpstart Game

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

I enjoy the Jumpstart-original designs because they usually address some kind of theme that wouldn't make the cut as, say, the draft theme of a color pair in a regular expansion. This game aims to do something similar.

In this game, post a card that would fit in a Jumpstart pack named after the previous poster's prompt, then post a new prompt that is any word or short phrase. You can use the names of packs from past Jumpstart releases if you want.

First up:

Everything's on Fire
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 1 year ago

Towering Inferno XXR
Enchantment (M)
Fading X+1
At the beginning of your end step, Towering Inferno deals damage equal to the number of Fade counters on it divided as you choose among any number of targets.

Next:
"Amphin Invasion"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

From Out of the Sea 4U
Enchantment
Whenever a nontoken permanent is returned to its owner's hand from the battlefield, create a 4/3 blue Salamander Warrior creature token.
6U: Return another target permanent you control to its owner's hand.

Next: Shapeshifting
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

Mask of Sakashima 2U
Artifact - Equipment
When Mask of Sakashima enters the battlefield, choose any creature on the battlefield.
As long as Mask of Sakashima is equipped, equipped creature is a copy of the chosen creature.
When Mask of Sakashima becomes unattached from a permanent, exile that creature and Mask of Sakashima, then return them to the battlefield.
Equip 2UU

Next: Davriel Cane

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Crunchgnar, Sword of Hartmurt 2BB
Legendary Creature - Demon
Lifelink
Whenever Crunchgnar is dealt damage, sacrifice another creature, then put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
BB, Discard a card: Crunchgnar gains indestructible until end of turn. Tap it.
3/3

Next: Copies

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Superior Mimicry 4UU
Enchantment
When Superior Mimicry enters the battlefield, create a token that's a copy of a creature on the battlefield.
Each creature you control that's a copy gets +1/+1 and has "Protection from creatures with the same name as this creature."

Next:
"Afraid of the Dark"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Glow Bandit 4W
Creature - Nightmare Raccoon
Flash
Fear
When Glow Bandit enters the battlefield, choose black or nonblack. Untap each tapped creature you control of the chosen kind and put a stun counter on each tapped creature your opponents control of the other kind.
3/2

Death's Head Butterfly 3U
Creature - Nightmare Insect
Flying, fear
T: Choose black or nonblack. Creatures you control of the chosen kind get +1/+0 and gain flying until end of turn. Creatures your opponents control of the other kind get -1/-0 and lose flying until end of turn.
1/2

Hellclaw Monitor 4R
Creature - Nightmare Lizard
First strike, fear
Whenever Hellclaw Monitor deals combat damage to a player, choose black or nonblack. Create a Treasure token for each creature you control of the chosen kind. Hellclaw Monitor deals 2 damage to each creature your opponents control of the other kind.
2/3

Terrorhowler 4G
Creature - Nightmare Wolf
Vigilance, fear
As Terrorhowler enters the battlefield, choose black or nonblack.
Creatures of the chosen kind you control have "T: Add one mana of any of this creature's colors."
Activated abilities of creatures of the other kind your opponents control can't be activated.
4/3
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Envisioning this as a different kind of Jumpstart pack: A B/x pack with four different versions, one for each splashed color.
Next: Mishra

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

Mishra's Betrayal 2BR
Sorcery (U)
Gain control of target creature until end of turn. You may sacrifice it. If you don't, untap it and it gains haste until end of turn.
The Gixian Brotherhood gave Mishra many gifts on behalf of their true master. But in the end they gave Gix the present of Mishra himself.

Next: "Go it Alone"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Nosferatu Initiation 2BB
Enchantment
When Nosferatu Initiation enters the battlefield, each player sacrifices a creature.
As long as you control exactly one creature, that creature has flying and "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it."

Next: Populate

lookingupanddown

Ever-Expanding Force 2WW
Creature - Soldier Knight Army
Vigilance
Ever-Expanding Force's power and toughness are each equal to the number of creature tokens you control.
2GW. : Populate. Token creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn. Activate this ability only on another player's turn.
*/*

Next: Glory

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Valorous Vestments 3
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Whenever equipped creature attacks, create a Sigil token (It's a colorless artifact with Exalted.)
At the beginning of your end step, if you control no creatures, create a 1/1 white Soldier creature token and attach Valorous Vestments to it.
Equip W

Next: "Dracomancy"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Nogi, Celebrant of Scales 1RR
Legendary Creature - Kobold Shaman
Nogi has flying as long as it's your turn.
Whenever Nogi deals combat damage to a player, you may cast a Dragon card in your graveyard this turn. (You still pay its costs.)
2{B/G}, Mill a card: Kobolds and Dragons you control get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the milled card's mana value. Activate only once per turn.
2/2

Next: Might Makes Right

lookingupanddown

Vorinclex's Decree 2GG
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you control the creature with the greatest power, draw a card. Otherwise, scry 1.
Creatures you control enter the battlefield with an additional +1/+1 counter on them.

Next: The Machine Orthodoxy

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Factory Mastiff 2WW
Creature - Phyrexian Dog
Toxic 2
Whenever a source deals damage to Factory Mastiff, you may pay WW. If you do, create that many 1/1 colorless Phyrexian Mite artifact creature tokens with toxic 1 and "This creature can't block."
2/4

Next: The Mirran Resistance

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Stand In Defiance w
Instant
Choose one - untap target creature and it gains hexproof until end of turn; or you gain hexproof until end of turn.
Entwine 1W (Choose both if you pay the entwine cost.)

Next: Play Devil's Advocate

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 8 months ago

Fiendish Litigation RR
Sorcery
Will of the Council-Each player chooses a card in their hand and then, starting with you, each player votes for conviction or acquittal. If acquittal gets more votes, the chosen cards are revealed and each creature revealed this way is put onto the battlefield under its owner's control. If conviction gets more votes or the vote is tied, the chosen cards are revealed and each player takes damage equal to the mana value of the card they revealed this way.

Next: Armies of Alara
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 8 months ago

Twin-Thrash Desolators 3RG
Creature - Viashino Berserker
Devour 2
Twin-Thrash Desolators can't be blocked except by creature tokens.
Whenever Twin-Thrash Desolators or another creature you control devours one or more nontoken creatures, amass Viashino X, where X is the number of those creatures times the number of points of devour that creature has.
4/4

Next: Real Ugly

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 8 months ago

Demonic Disfigurement B
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/-1 and has menace.
When enchanted creature dies, if it was dealt damage this turn, target opponent loses 2 life and you gain 2 life. If not, return Demonic Disfigurement to your hand.

Next: Odd Oozes

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 8 months ago

Hungry Slime 2GG
Creature - Ooze (Rare)
At the beginning of your upkeep pay g and remove a creature from a graveyard. If you do double the number of +1/+1 counters on Hungry Slime. Otherwise sacrifice Hungry Slime.
Hungry Slime enters the battlefield with two +1/+1 counters.
0/0

Next: Irrational Phobias.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Glossophobia W
Enchantment
2W, Discard a card: Destroy target enchantment
2W, Sacrifice Glossophobia: Destroy target enchantment.

Next: Knighthood

AnotherAlias

Post by AnotherAlias » 6 months ago

A Fair Duel
Sorcery
Split second
Choose a creature you control and a creature an opponent controls. Remove all Counters on them and unattach all Auras and Equipments attached to them. They lose indestructible this turn, then fight.

Next: Playing Your Opponent's Deck

Komandon

Post by Komandon » 6 months ago

What's Yours is Mine 2UUU
Sorcery
Gain control of target of permanent target player controls.
//////
What's Mine Is Negotiable 2UU
Sorcery
Aftermath
Target opponent gains control of target permanent you control unless the player Mills X cards where X is double the mana value of the target permanent.

Next: What's That Smell?

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 6 months ago

Corpse Flower 2BB
Creature - Plant (R)
Defender
Creatures with -1/-1 counters on them have "At the beginning of your end step, you lose 1 life."
Whenever a creature you don't control blocks or is blocked by a creature you control, put a -1/-1 counter on that creature you don't control.
0/6

Next: Beebles!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 6 months ago

Beastkeeping Beebles 2U
Creature - Beeble
When Beastkeeping Beebles enters the battlefield, if you control another Beeble, draw a card. Otherwise, scry 1.
Beastkeeping Beebles can't be blocked by Beasts, Dragons, Goblins, Hydras, or Saprolings.
2/2

Next: Sanguimancy

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 5 months ago

Lab Leeches 1B
Creature - Leech (U)
T: Choose target creature. At the beginning of its controller's next upkeep, Lab Leeches deals 1 damage to it and you create a Blood counter.
1/1

Next: Skull Smashin'
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”