[Assorted] cards I make from time to time but don't have an opportunity to participate in games/contests with

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 1 year ago

Eater of Heretics 4ww
Creature - Beast (R)
At the beginning of combat on your turn, an opponent of your choice may have Eater of Hetetics gain protection from the color of their choice until end of turn.
At the beginning of your end step , destroy up to one target permanent of a color that Eater of Heretics doesn't have protection from.
5/5

A quite complicated "choose between two evils" creature card with different Commander dynamics. Heavily inspired by Ikoria commander product from 2020, especially that pair of Ikoria partners where human partner feeded her beast partner with other humans because they were disagreeing with her - an evil side of white philosophy, "be with us or be under us". So I thought it would be nice to make a card that expands this territory by utilizing white mechanics and multiplayer environment.

More to come... I guess.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

So white destroying permanents unrestricted is technically a pie bend, but white has no problem removing creatures or enchantments and in the relatively infrequent cases when planeswalkers are removed directly, white can still do that. Destroying colored artifacts would also be fine. And it involves negotiation with opponents.

So honestly I love this as a political card for EDH.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Decorator Gorgon 2{w/b}{w/b}
Creature - Gorgon (U)
Sculptures your opponents control can't attack or block.
When Decorator Gorgon enters the battlefield, destroy up to one target creature. Its controller creates a 1/1 colorless Sculpture artifact creature token with "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Sculptures you control".
Evoke 1{w/b}

Yet another card of a high complexity and many uses I am kinda proud of but wish I could do better. Some can say Gorgon in white is sort of a break, although it's a hybrid card, and turn-to-stone effects in white do exist (Mass Calcify), so do polymorph effects (Generous Gift), Pacifism effects and Sculptures that become stronger together (Doomed Artisan). Evoke here adds complexity and versality and moves this card straight to Modern Horizons territory. So I decided to add a nice touch in the form of a sketchy showcase version, thanks to the artist who posted it.
I wish someday I will find a way to make a balanced gorgon-themed card that can explore Sculpture theme even further.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I am particular about only wanting to put evoke on Elementals but I could see "Elemental Gorgon" being a typeline in a Modern Horizons type set. That evoke mode will typically change a creature into a vanilla 1/1, which is pretty good for a flexible cost like 1{W/B}. Typically the only way this gives the opp a larger token is if you're playing this in multiples or if they have changelings. So I'm not sure how to feel about the play patterns. However, the flavor is completely perfect.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Sure Death bb
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature with total power and toughness 13 or less.

A rather simple spooky card today. Just how many 13-related cards Innistrad should have? The answer is yes. Although I am not super happy with the name, because, you know, it can't guarantee death of a creature of any size, like Murder. And maybe I should have been made this a sorcery...
On a side note, it would be nice to see more "size" related cards from now and and maybe someday "size" aka P+T will make its way from reminder text to rules text.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Hmmmm. Honestly, at uncommon, you can get very unrestricted removal for BB. Walk the Plank being one example and Victim of Night another. Being an instant maybe makes this pushed but I think it's fine because its drawback is essentially failing you in the clutch. Yes, destroying a 6/7 or 7/6 is a big deal but when you have a 7/7 to deal with you're out of luck. It's a good restriction with plenty of Innistrad flavor.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Edge of Death b
Instant (U)
Destroy target creature, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
Death will claim everything - but it can wait a little longer.

Can black have its share of blinking effects? Color pie purists would say NO, but let's see - black can kill and can sacrifice for all these sweet death triggers, and it can return from the graveyard to the battlefield (even immediately), so why not?

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 10 months ago

Just wanted to make a simple and straightforward Saga. My favorite sort of Sagas.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 10 months ago

I have to say Invasion of the Giants looks extremely strong, particularly because of its II chapter. All together, it's very self-synergistic. It's appropriate for rare, but maybe the mana cost should go up by 1.

EDIT: I knew it sounded familiar. Invasion of the Giants happens to be the name of one of the Kaldheim sagas.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Always wanted to find a middle ground between broken and useless black tutors, so there it is. Also, fine print is not a metaphor, it's actually here.
And of course, who wouldn't love Eva Green on a Magic card?

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 10 months ago

Is there any way to size those images down? They're absolutely enormous, makes it a bit trickier to uh, read and process them in order to respond to them when just the art box is the height of my screen.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Uhm, sure. The mobile was my primary device to browse this site for years, so I didn't know there was an issue on PC.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

...Diabolic Tutor is not good. Demonic Tutor's clearly too powerful. I THINK a 2B unrestricted tutor would be okay in Standard.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 10 months ago

Yeah Grim Tutor and another one that exiles 13 cards exist and are totally fine. I think 3 mana is the sweet spot for tutors, strong enough that you might play it, but not so strong that it becomes oppressive. You could tack something on like, mill 10 cards or something but it doesn't really matter too much I think.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thinking of Grim Tutor's power (not so much Demonic Bargain's), maybe gating that effect behind a cost like BBB would be more acceptable.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 9 months ago

It costs less because it reveals your card, something that black tutors usually don't do. That's what I mean by "fine print", many overlook it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Post by void_nothing » 9 months ago

Revealing is probably less of a drawback most of the time than Demonic Bargain's exile, but you're right that it is a drawback and makes counterplay much easier. Thinking about it, it doesn't have to be so heavy on the black symbols.

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar

Post by Raptorchan » 9 months ago

Okay, is this small enough?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”