Armix & Rebbec - Protection from Everything!

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

PROTECTION FROM EVERYTHING!

I've wanted to put together an Armix & Rebbec deck for a while. The idea of creating an unstoppable army of artifact creatures always tickled me. But everytime I tried to put the deck together, I was always underwhelmed by the artifact creatures available to me and black as a whole as it traditionally didn't have a whole lot of artifact synergies outside of Armix, Filigree Thrasher & Skeleton Shard. That all changed with the Necron deck. Say what you will about UB, but it did produce some cool cards, especially for black artifact decks. Best of all, it also includes several black creatures with graveyard interactions.

Armix & Rebbec

Other Artifacts 2

Approximate Total Cost:

A few notes about the deck:
  • I plan to add Tempered Steel as soon as I find where I put my copy. This also applies to my copy of Wurmcoil Engine - (Which I can't remember if I traded away or not...).
  • There are actually a lot of onesided wraths available for the deck, which is really neat.
  • With Equipment & Auras being nonbo with Rebbec, Architect of Ascension it actually opens up a lot of space for other cards, which is nice.
  • In a similar vein, Armix, Filigree Thrasher being removal in the command zone means I can get away with running less spot removal.
  • There were a surprising amount of recursion effects either on artifacts or could be cast from the graveyard/madness in BW.
  • The nice thing about this list is that the black base is so strong now that if I find that Rebbec, Architect of Ascension is making games too samey, I can easily transition to another color combination like BU, BR, BG or even BWR.
  • The deck has several ways to turn creatures into artifacts so Rebbec, Architect of Ascension can protect herself.
  • I took out a few of the more annoying pieces like Smothering Tithe and God-Pharaoh's Statue on the idea that the deck doesn't need them.
  • As always, suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

Tags:

Magiqmaster
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Magiqmaster » 8 months ago

Hi, I just read your post, as I have an Armix deck and want to improve it. Mine is only black (currently I use several cards from UB, like you), but you might convince me to add white. How did your version pan out? Does it hold it's own and manage to win?

Thanks for the advise!

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 8 months ago

Magiqmaster wrote:
8 months ago
Hi, I just read your post, as I have an Armix deck and want to improve it. Mine is only black (currently I use several cards from UB, like you), but you might convince me to add white. How did your version pan out? Does it hold it's own and manage to win?

Thanks for the advise!
The version up above is a little out of date as I've thrown in cards like Skrelv, Defector Mite and Skrelv's Hive to great effect (well the Hive has been really good one time I drew it, okay a second, and bad a third, but I digress), but it is really good as long as you aren't going against a creatureless combo deck or anything that can untap from an empty board and kill you. The deck is very much a grindy midrange deck that can win the long game against any deck that is trying to play at least a little fair thanks to Rebbec, Architect of Ascension making it hard to interact with your board. Having four and a half one sided wraths thanks to white is also huge, as they can act like Cyclonic Rift at home. It also adds most of the better recursion elements, turning Triarch Praetorian from a good value creature into an amazing value engine.

Magiqmaster
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Magiqmaster » 8 months ago

Thanks for the response, I will think a while longer about adding white, but I can see your point of the benefits that protection + 1 sided wipes add to the deck.

Cheers

Haman

Post by Haman » 8 months ago

Before biotranference, used to play Ashnod's Transmogrant and turn rebbec into an artifact craeture.

Armix have a big target on him, sometimes you need to convince opponent to let u do yr work.. before they kill armix.. you need alot of cards to pitch to armix... not sure you ran enough.

MeneerDutchy
Pronoun: any/all

Post by MeneerDutchy » 8 months ago

It feels like defector mite is gonna be a dead card most of the time since your artifacts have protection from artifacts. Or are you just using this to give rebbec hexproof? In that case some boots or greaves wouldnbe better.

Since you are gonna be discarding alot, in my deck ive added a few good madness cards like big game hunter.
Also check some amazing cards like lingering phantom, duplicant and meteor golem. Or check the list im working on at https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/11-07-2 ... acts-test/
Im still finding the balance between draw/madness/recursion/removal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”