Background in commander

Rhyas
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rhyas » 1 year ago

i got a question if i have Acolyte of Bahamuton the field and The Ur-Dragon in the command zone can i still cast The Ur-Dragon for 2 colorless mana less if he is the first dragon that i cast that turn or does The Ur-Dragon have to be on the field

Accepted Answer

by Dunadain » 1 year ago
The Ur-Dragon has to be on the field.

Acolyte of Bahamut gives the ability to your commander, so when he is on the field THEN you get the discount on dragons.

This particular example might be a little bit more confusing because The Ur-Dragon has an eminence ability which works when the commander is in the command zone. However, eminence only applies to that specific ability, not any additional ones the card may have (like The Ur-Dragon's last ability.
Go to full post

Dunadain
I like turtles
Answers: 2
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Dunadain » 1 year ago

The Ur-Dragon has to be on the field.

Acolyte of Bahamut gives the ability to your commander, so when he is on the field THEN you get the discount on dragons.

This particular example might be a little bit more confusing because The Ur-Dragon has an eminence ability which works when the commander is in the command zone. However, eminence only applies to that specific ability, not any additional ones the card may have (like The Ur-Dragon's last ability.
All cards are bad if you try hard enough.

Important decks: Ebondeath, Dracolich, Emiel, The Blessed, Phelddagriff
Other: Ruhan, Zask, Kellan, Liesa, Galadriel, Orca, Sauron, Thantis, Rukarumel, Sisay, Stickfingers, Safana, Thantis, Dihada

Help me complete my JumpStart Cube!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Moved to Rulings main. Please ask rules questions here in the main forum.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”