Kodama of the East Tree and Recycle

Locked Previous topicNext topic
kirkusjones
Disciple of Dumb
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kirkusjones » 1 year ago

Working on an EDH deck and was curious about the interaction between Kodama of the East Tree and Recycle. Would putting a permanent onto the battlefield with the Kodama's ability cause Recycle to trigger?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
No - "playing a card" means playing a land or casting a spell. Kodama East's ability is simply directly putting a permanent onto the battlefield without playing or casting.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

No - "playing a card" means playing a land or casting a spell. Kodama East's ability is simply directly putting a permanent onto the battlefield without playing or casting.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

kirkusjones wrote:
1 year ago
Working on an EDH deck and was curious about the interaction between Kodama of the East Tree and Recycle. Would putting a permanent onto the battlefield with the Kodama's ability cause Recycle to trigger?
Back in '98, I built a deck based on Eureka + Recycle. Unfortunately, it didn't work either, as explained by my brother-in-law and void_nothing.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”