Artifact Lands: do they add mana as an "Activated Ability"?

DinsdalePiranha
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by DinsdalePiranha » 1 year ago

Hello all :nerd:

Just wanted to make sure: is the "Tap: Add a [Color] Mana to your Mana Pool" on artifact lands such as Seat of the Synod considered as an "Activated Ability"?
If I understand correctly, the ability to produce one mana from a land is generally not considered an "Activated Ability". But what about artifact lands?
For instance: if I have Stony Silence in play, can my opponent's Seat of the Synod still produce its Blue mana?

Thank you very much :nerd:

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
(Most) activated abilities that produce mana are "mana abilities", which have special timing properties, but otherwise are still, well, activated. Stony Silence prevents the activation of the abilities of Black Lotus, Manalith, Seat of the Synod...
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

(Most) activated abilities that produce mana are "mana abilities", which have special timing properties, but otherwise are still, well, activated. Stony Silence prevents the activation of the abilities of Black Lotus, Manalith, Seat of the Synod...
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”