The Spirit of EDH(?!?) [ultra-budget no banlist] [WIP]

Mookie
Answers: 47
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Mookie » 1 year ago

Doing a for-fun deckbuilding challenge with some friends. The goal is to build the strongest / most degenerate deck possible with no banlist... but a $25 budget. I will call out that Sol Ring and banned-in-vintage stuff like ante and conspiracies are blocked, but otherwise pretty much everything is fair game.

My current thinking is to go Sultai due to the deep card pool and access to mana fixing / ramp. I was originally going to run Leovold, Emissary of Trest in the command zone, but ultimately went with Tasigur, the Golden Fang for Neoform shenanigans (plus all the wheels for Leovold are expensive). Access to banned cards like Hullbreacher, Tinker, and Sylvan Primordial is also an upside.... although the budget limitation also means that the actual threats / finishers are somewhat limited. (seriously, what are you going to fetch off Tinker / cast off Channel?)

Primary gameplan is to cheat Sylvan Primordial or Prophet of Kruphix into play and go from there, but how consistent that will be remains to be seen.

This is still a work in progress. Currently looking for suggestions / advice, in case anyone has done something similar.

(for the record, Plan C is Anje Falkenrath + Worldgorger Dragon combo, but that seems sort of boring... and Worldgorger gorges on most of the budget)

(basic lands are free, so I'm using snow basics for Blood on the Snow and Dead of Winter)
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”