Expansion #100 baseless speculation

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

So as some of you may have noticed, the chronologically last set announced at Wizards Presents on 8/18 was The Lost Caverns of Ixalan, which is Magic's 99th expansion. Naturally, this means that the first set we'll know about in the next announcement is going to be the hundredth.

This is obviously a significant number. The set is scheduled to fall outside Magic's 30th anniversary year, being the first release of 2024, but arguably making it to 100 expansions is more momentous in some ways than "merely" lasting 30 years. So - while I don't want to get my hopes up - I'm expecting something significant. Maybe a Rabiah set as a redo of the first expansion.

Any wild notions?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Return to “Baseless Speculation”