Ancestral Vision and Vadrok, Apex of Thunder

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 1 year ago

Can I cast Ancestral Vision from the graveyard with Vadrok, Apex of Thunder's mutate? The no casting cost spells confuse me a lot lol.

Accepted Answer

by Argus » 1 year ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
Can I cast Ancestral Vision from the graveyard with Vadrok, Apex of Thunder's mutate? The no casting cost spells confuse me a lot lol.
Yes.
118.6a If an unpayable cost is increased by an effect or an additional cost is imposed, the cost is still
unpayable. If an alternative cost is applied to an unpayable cost, including an effect that allows a
player to cast a spell without paying its mana cost, the alternative cost may be paid.

202.3a The mana value of an object with no mana cost is 0, unless that object is the back face of a
transforming double-faced permanent or is a melded permanent.
Go to full post
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Argus
Answers: 53
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Argus » 1 year ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
1 year ago
Yes.
118.6a If an unpayable cost is increased by an effect or an additional cost is imposed, the cost is still
unpayable. If an alternative cost is applied to an unpayable cost, including an effect that allows a
player to cast a spell without paying its mana cost, the alternative cost may be paid.

202.3a The mana value of an object with no mana cost is 0, unless that object is the back face of a
transforming double-faced permanent or is a melded permanent.
Why bother with mere rulings when so many answers can be found in the Rules?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”