The peregrine dynamo + teferi who slows the unset

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 1 year ago

The peregrine dynamo + teferi, who slows the sunset = infinite life and creature untaps?

Teferi targets the peregrine, a land, and one of your creatures with its untap ability. Gain 2 life.
Peregrine copies the ability
The copy resolves, untapping peregrine, a land, and a creature. You use peregrine to copy Teferi's ability again.
2nd copy resolves, repeat,

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 1 year ago
Yes, that seems to work just fine and your outline is accurate. The copy will resolve first so as long as the copy keeps the Dynamo as a target, the land you untap can pay for it again and again as each copy resolves.
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 1 year ago

Yes, that seems to work just fine and your outline is accurate. The copy will resolve first so as long as the copy keeps the Dynamo as a target, the land you untap can pay for it again and again as each copy resolves.

Theoric

WizardMN wrote:
1 year ago
Thanks. And I notice it would also grant me infinite untapping of my artifacts as well.

What about this scenario: I have oath of teferi, aminatou the fateshifter and the peregrine dynamo in play. Can I use aminatou to use its -1 to flicker something, then use its -1 a second time to flicker the dynamo, then have dynamo respond to the 2nd flicker by copying that ability and exiling aminatou? This would mean those three permanents result in: 1, flicker a permanent you control.

I'm not sure because aminatou can't target itself, and if you copy its flicker ability, maybe the copy can't target aminatou either.

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 1 year ago

The copy cannot target Aminatou either since Aminatou is still the source and still cannot target itself.

Theoric

Yeah that's what I figured. Thanks again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”