Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

CCL July Top 4/Round 4

"Walking through Four"

Ajani, the Greathearted, taken from Art of MtG, by Victor Adame Minguez and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Increasing Month here in the CCL. The cards will get bigger as we go along!

Challenge
Design a planeswalker card that has mana value 4.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Your submissions are due Saturday, August 20th, 23:59 EST.
Contestants:
@netn10
@kwanyeegor-ii
@Henlock
@slimytrout

Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (June 30th-July 8th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (July 14th-19th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due July 21st)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (August 1st–5th)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due August 7th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (August 16th–20th)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due August 21st)
  • Final (August, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

Garruk, Herald of the Hunt 3G
Legendary Planeswalker - Garruk (Mythic)
Whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, if you removed loyalty counters from Garruk to activate one of his abilities this turn, draw a card.
+1: Up to one target creature gets +2/+2 and gains trample until end of turn.
-2: Create a 4/2 green Beast creature token. You may sacrifice another creature. If you do, that token gains haste until end of turn.
-7: Search your library for up to two creature cards and put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle.
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

netn10

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Teyo, Multiverse Protector 1WWW
Legendary Planeswalker - Teyo (Mythic)
This spell can't be countered.
Spells you cast can't be countered.
Other permanents you control have indestructible and ward 4.
{8}

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

Huatli, Hero of Orazca 2GW
Legendary Planeswalker - Huatli (M)
Ascend
+1: Create a 1/1 white Human creature token. If you have the city's blessing, create a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token instead.
-2: Huatli deals damage to target creature or planeswalker equal to the number of creatures you control. If you have the city's blessing, you gain that much life.
-7: Search your library for up to three creature cards with total mana value less than or equal to the number of permanents you control and put them onto the battlefield, then shuffle. Creatures you control gain indestructible until your next turn.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Still missing @Henlock.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

Fatima of Rabiah 3r
Legendary Planeswalker - Fatima (r)
+1: Create a Treasure token.
+1: Target noncreature artifact becomes a 3/3 construct creature in addition to its types.
-6: You gain an emblem that reads "Whenever an artifact you control becomes tapped, this emblem deals 1 damage to any target."
Fatima of Rabiah can be your commander
/5

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Okay, please critique and rank a top 3 for all other contestants!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Bump - please get these in soon.

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
Other than the static, this is *very* similar to Garruk, Unleashed. The static is fun and the condition on removing counters rather than adding is new, but not quite groundbreaking.
netn10
Show
Hide
I'm just not in for planeswalkers as attackable enchantments -- the idea has certainly come up before, but to me they just don't feel like they have any agency. I admit that Teyo is a good choice for this, as someone whose ability set is not very proactive, but it still doesn't sit right with me. Also, white definitely doesn't get "can't be countered" -- it's supposed to be that green gets it on creatures, red on spells, and blue on anything.
Henlock
Show
Hide
A little bit of Oko, Thief of Crowns vibes here, which would be worrying, except that the +1 is way less busted and it's a 4-mana walker. The main thing that worries me is that the ultimate is so easy to get to -- especially for a 'walker that can be your commander, that's very risky since this only has to survive one turn cycle to be able to turn all your artifacts into pingers forever.
T3
Show
Hide
1. Henlock
2. kwanyeegor-ii
3. netn10

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

top only

1 slimytrout
2 henlock
3 netn10
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@netn10 @Henlock - please post at least a top 3 if you are able.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

1. slimytrout
2. kwanyegor
3. netn10

netn10

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

kwanyeegor-ii
Show
Hide
It feels like Garruk all right, and a unique one at that - we saw Garruk a lot of times but not the "prepare a creature for hunt" kind of flavor. I like it, I just wish the static ability wasn't so wordy.
slimytrout
Show
Hide
I LOVE ascend - and on a planeswaker it feels very fresh. Defending a planeswalker until you can ascend can create a mini game that intrigues me. All the abilities feels like something Hautli could do.
Henlock
Show
Hide
Looks like a solid, not ground breaking red planeswalker. I do like the change of pace from the standard "I use fire/lightning" red planeswalkers that are the go-to in designing planeswalkers.
top 3
Show
Hide
1st: slimytrout
2nd: Henlock
3rd: kwanyeegor-ii

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

And slimytrout and Henlock are the finalists! Final round to come very soon.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”