Henlock
50%

Total votes: 8

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

After much delay, it's time to select the winner of the June CCL! Remember, anyone can vote, whether or not you participated in June's contest at all.

The challenge was as follows:
Design five cards that all share a card type. The first must be monocolored, the second must be two colors and share a color with the first, the third must be three colors and share both colors with the second, the fourth must be four colors and share all three colors with the third, and the last must be five-colored.
Here are the entries:
slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
From Another Age 2U
Legendary Enchantment — Background (U)
Commander creatures you own have "At the beginning of your first upkeep each turn, you get an additional upkeep step after this step."
You are unfamiliar with the cities and customs of this era, but you know secrets that are otherwise lost to time.

Oath of Kaito UB
Legendary Enchantment (R)
Flash
When Oath of Kaito enters the battlefield, return target nonland permanent you don't control to its owner's hand.
Planeswalkers you control have hexproof.
"Until I've found what I'm looking for, I will keep watch."

Altar of Divine Rebirth 1WUB
Legendary Enchantment — Shrine (U)
At the beginning of your end step, you may exile a creature card from a graveyard. If you do, create a token that's a copy of that creature except it has "This creature's power and toughness are each equal to the number of Shrines you control."
Pledge yourself at the altar and it will protect you even after death.

Amara, Starshroud Savior GWUB
Legendary Enchantment Creature — Nymph (R)
Each other enchantment creature you control enters the battlefield with an indestructible counter on it.
Constellation — Whenever Amara, Starshroud Savior or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, creatures you control get +1/+1 and gain flying, lifelink, and deathtouch until end of turn.
3/3

The Utmost Duty WUBRG
Legendary Enchantment — Aura (M)
Enchant player
Enchanted player can't cast spells and has no maximum hand size.
At the beginning of enchanted player's end step, that player draws a card, creates a 5/5 Avatar creature token that's all colors, and gains 5 life.
Discard five cards, Sacrifice five nonland permanents, Pay 25 life: Enchanted player gains control of The Utmost Duty and transforms it. Any player may activate this ability.
///
The Utmost Reward
Legendary Land (M)
T: Add WUBRG.
"You have served with honor. Welcome to paradise."
—The Three Sisters
Henlock wrote:
1 year ago
The One 1ww
Legendary Creature - Human Cleric (m)
Whenever The One enters the battlefield, create a white 2/2 Cleric creature token named Apostle of the One for each time it was cast from the command zone this game
If The One is your commander, damage dealt by creatures named Apostle of the One counts as damage dealt by The One
2/2.

Sanguine Augur wb
Creature - Vampire Bird Cleric (r)
Flying
Whenever you gain life, scry that much.
Whenever an opponent pays life, you gain that much life.
2/1

Risen Cemetery wbg
Creature - Elemental (r)
Vigilance
Risen Cemetery cannot attack nor block unless the total power of creature cards in your graveyard is 8 or greater.
8/8

Zowsia, the Somber Tender
Legendary Creature - Lamia Cleric (u)
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control from a graveyard, it gets +2/+2 and it gains haste, trample and lifelink until end of turn.
2/4

The Council of Guilds wubrg
Legendary Creature - Human Advisor (r)
Convoke (Your creatures can help cast this spell. Each creature you tap while casting this spell pays for or one mana of that creature's color.)
When The Council of Guilds enters the battlefield, Draw five cards if it was convoked by five or more creatures.
5/5
As always, poll will run for 5 days, and good luck to both contestants!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

And we have a tie! Congrats to @slimytrout and @Henlock!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

Congrats to my co-champion @Henlock! I'm honestly a bit surprised at the result, since your entry is so good that I came very close to voting for it myself. Had it not been for the lack of flavor text, I think I would have done it.

Henlock
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Henlock » 1 year ago

Congratulations for you too, @slimytrout! I really liked Amara and The Utmost Duty, and your entries have a coherence mine lack by far.

Let's keep up the good design!

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”