Deck power ranking by crowdsource

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

In light of a recent thread where in general the power level estimations were, I thought, very good, I had an idea for a commander specific feature that might bear discussion.

Suppose any logged in member could enter what power level they think any decklist is and we store that in a db?

Obviously decks change over time so you could allow the owner to reset the score maybe?

My suspicion is that we could get very close to accurate estimates and if we display them on the formatted deck it could be a pretty useful feature.

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

We'd have to have a rubric establishing what the levels mean, but yeah, this is a fun idea and could even stimulate discussion in deck list threads. Obviously it should be limited to registered users, and I think votes should be public to encourage thoughtful consideration.

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
1 year ago
We'd have to have a rubric establishing what the levels mean, but yeah, this is a fun idea and could even stimulate discussion in deck list threads. Obviously it should be limited to registered users, and I think votes should be public to encourage thoughtful consideration.
I'm not convinced that we need a rubric, I think it's intuitive enough that it will average out to correct. If we had a rubric we could just apply that I think but beyond "this is cedh" peoples numbers vary.

What I suspect is for all the high voters there's low voters to balance it out and get to the right number. But I could be wrong ;)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”