Kalamax + Delayed Blast Fireball

PrimevalCommander
Pronoun: he / him

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

Again I have a tapped Kalamax, the Stormsire and a foretold Delayed Blast Fireball waiting in exile. If I cast Delayed Blast Fireball for it's Foretell cost of as my first instant for the turn, will I get the full 5 damage from the copy resulting in total 10 damage to my opponents and their creatures? Does the cast from exile clause follow the copy as it resolves?

Related question on copying an Increasing Ambition when flashed-back. Does the copy tutor 1 card or 2?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 1 year ago
No - spell copies are not "cast from" anywhere. As they were simply placed on the stack without casting them, the effect that says "was cast from exile/graveyard" does not apply.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

No - spell copies are not "cast from" anywhere. As they were simply placed on the stack without casting them, the effect that says "was cast from exile/graveyard" does not apply.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”