Flavorful background pairings

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 1 year ago

My friends and I have been on the trash magic journey for a while now and I recently finished my amonkhet bolas deck (old bolas with all the cool bolas cards from amonkhet and war of the spark). And that got me a hankering to make something else themey.

Anyone got suggestions for the coolest most flavorful background pairing for a total heap of junk?

Tags:

Ruiner

Post by Ruiner » 1 year ago

Well, if you are looking for flavor, Master Chef is going to be the best background possible.

Maybe paired with Ellyn Harbreeze, Busybody since she appears to be in that business based on her art.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Ruiner wrote:
1 year ago
Well, if you are looking for flavor, Master Chef is going to be the best background possible.

Maybe paired with Ellyn Harbreeze, Busybody since she appears to be in that business based on her art.
Not for nothing, but that pairing also suggests a particular deck and is very synergistic!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

Ruiner wrote:
1 year ago

Hard to get more flavorful than that.

Alora, Merry Thief + Criminal Past suggests a very particular deck as well.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 1 year ago

I really like Wilson, Refined Grizzly and Popular Entertainer. It gives me circus-bear-gone-rogue vibes and I dig 'em.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

pokken

I should specify that actively questionable utility for playing with absolute garbage is desirable but some very nice ideas so far :).

I can't help but wonder if the cards are a little too strong to play but maybe I can just think of really a weak ways to take advantage.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
1 year ago
I really like Wilson, Refined Grizzly and Popular Entertainer. It gives me circus-bear-gone-rogue vibes and I dig 'em.
This is... genuinely one of the funniest decks you could build.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Igzex

Post by Igzex » 1 year ago

Lulu, Loyal Hollyphant and Criminal Past. Don't forget to include Murder, Murderous Betrayal, Larceny, False Prophet, the Portal Second Age printing of Vengeance, A bunch of cards with extort, and Corrupt. It's a shame that Duplicity is outside of the color identity.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Igzex wrote:
1 year ago
Lulu, Loyal Hollyphant and Criminal Past. Don't forget to include Murder, Murderous Betrayal, Larceny, False Prophet, the Portal Second Age printing of Vengeance, A bunch of cards with extort, and Corrupt. It's a shame that Duplicity is outside of the color identity.
Wow that's even funnier. Whew.

pokken

Igzex wrote:
1 year ago
This sir is the sort of comedy gold I'm looking for

Gentle Giant
It's all jank, always has been

Post by Gentle Giant » 1 year ago

Was reminded of Gut, True Soul Zealot by seeing @3drinks' new deck. You could make a Sweeney Todd deck with Master Chef: include citizen cards, or cute animals, Butcher's Cleaver...

Feed your army with itself! :P
Remember: not everyone is intent on 'growing as a player', analysing their meta and adapting to it, etc. For some people, Magic is just another board game.

Decklists:
A boy and his dog: an adventure (Rograkh & Yoshimaru) | Storytelling, Jank, Cute
Averna, Roulette Croupier: Cascade Chaos | Cascade, Chaos, Group Choices
The Ur-Dragon Tribal Tribal | Randomized Batches, Diverse, Quirky
Zirda, Patron Goddess of Trash Artisanry | Trash for Treasure, Artifact Aristocrats, low-powered

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”