Jaheira, the Artisan: Treasure your Tokens

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 1 year ago

In general, the decks that bring me the most joy are decks that "misuse" their cards. Jaheira, Friend of the Forest is a commander that enables absurd amounts of persistent mana by making treasure tokens then merely tapping them for mana (not that treasure as a ramp mechanic really needs help to be absurd, but...anyway look at all these tokens!). Add Guild Artisan as the background; and if an opponent doesn't have 3 power in play, that's 2 treasure, for 6 mana on turn 4. Perfectly balanced, basically just Nature's Lore+Cultivate in the command zone. Now, what is 6 mana and makes sense with making tokens? Of course, the answer is Bootleggers' Stash. Now we're ramping!

From there, I spent a while brainstorming and decided that in order to minimize the overlap between this and my other adjacent ramp decks (Nikya of the Old Ways and Patron of the Orochi) that I wanted to make my tokens mostly via landfall. See: Tireless Provisioner and Tireless Tracker instead of Ant Queen. Well, that's not very many; in goes a full landfall package with Scute Swarm through Omnath, Locus of Rage and add in Scapeshift+Splendid Reclamation while I'm at it. This pushed the deck into a full lands package and I made some dumber inclusions to try and use Field of the Dead as a ritual just for some extra misuse of cards.

Anyway, here's my first draft. I've only goldfished it but should get some games in across two game days this long weekend.
I'd like more mana please

More Landfall, apparently?

What's the opposite of Landfall?

Landfall Support: from Library

Magda can tutor for Smuggler's Stash

This Ramp deck Needs More Ramp, Apparently

Lands for Attacking to make Treasure

Approximate Total Cost:

This is my first draft, . I'm a bit concerned about a low amount on interaction and card advantage when I can't find a clue generator. I should consider Boseiju, Who Endures, Kessig Wolf Run, and Underdark Rift in the lands, as well as Artifact Mutation for interaction. I couldn't quite bring myself to add Trading Post or Seer's Sundial, but those should be in consideration as well.

I'm targeting this for a game with upgraded precon power levels. Nearly all wincons are telegraphed with an absence of haste, and I'm not running any direct damage beyond Valakut and Ingenious Artillerist. In a test game I Warp Worlded into 10 landfall with Moraug, Fury of Akoum and Goldspan Dragon, but when I have an empty deck from too large a Warp World, I'll need that out. I think a single creature with haste is probably reasonable. I may need to upgrade the self assessment of appropriate power level depending how consistent and hard it ramps.

I would be open to feedback and suggestions that keep the deck around the power/speed that it is currently.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

Return to “Decklists”