Dominarian Chronologist

Cyberium
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Cyberium » 1 year ago

Dominarian Chronologist
W
Creature - Advisor
1/1

When ~ enters the battlefield, search your library for an equipment card with MV 1 or less, and put it onto the battlefield.

----------

White's affinity with equipment is canon, so it seems fitting to give white draw and ramp via equipment (which has been done already). There are many powerful equipment cost 1 or less, but not enough to make this card broken. Main targets would likely be Skullclamp and Paradise Mantle for draw and mana, or combo pieces like Blade of the Bloodchief.

Original idea was to let Chronologist search for a historic card of 1cc or less, but that'd probably require a 4cc cost.

EDIT: Adjusted cost and ability.
Last edited by Cyberium 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

user_938036
Answers: 21
Pronoun: he / him

Post by user_938036 » 1 year ago

Due to the existence and thus precedent set by Colossal Hammer I don't believe this can equip as part of the ability. Also, Chronologist is an interesting name for someone who gets equipment.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

user_938036 wrote:
1 year ago
Also, Chronologist is an interesting name for someone who gets equipment.
Right - Equipment has been around a long time, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't exist in the first 10 or so years of M:tG. It doesn't have a very long history on Dominaria because there's not that much overlap between "years Equipment cards have been printed" and "sets with a Dominaria setting" - basically Time Spiral block, Dominaria, and the upcoming couple sets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Cyberium

user_938036 wrote:
1 year ago
Due to the existence and thus precedent set by Colossal Hammer I don't believe this can equip as part of the ability. Also, Chronologist is an interesting name for someone who gets equipment.
Very true about the hammer part. Without equip though, I'm inclined to make this one a 1cc.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
user_938036 wrote:
1 year ago
Also, Chronologist is an interesting name for someone who gets equipment.
Right - Equipment has been around a long time, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't exist in the first 10 or so years of M:tG. It doesn't have a very long history on Dominaria because there's not that much overlap between "years Equipment cards have been printed" and "sets with a Dominaria setting" - basically Time Spiral block, Dominaria, and the upcoming couple sets.
Oh, there WERE equipment-ish cards, just didn't have the equipment type. For example, Ashnod's Battle Gear.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 1 year ago

Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
Oh, there WERE equipment-ish cards, just didn't have the equipment type. For example, Ashnod's Battle Gear.
Nothing Alchemy can't fix.

MaritLage
Catholic Nun
Pronoun: she / her

Post by MaritLage » 1 year ago

There were a bunch of them , Sword of the Chosen was one . I think Runesword was another . Usually involved tapping the artifact and letting it stay tapped for as long as it would be equipped .
(She/Her) English is not my first language
#███<Good Good AM/PM>__
#███████<In Deed .>__

Cyberium

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
1 year ago
Cyberium wrote:
1 year ago
Nothing Alchemy can't fix.
Our hatred fuels its Dark Side.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”