Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 2 years ago

Card of the Day 2022-02-25 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Phyrexian Spoiler {2}{G}{G}
Artifact Creature — Phyrexian Beast (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target land.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, sacrifice a land.

3/4

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2022-02-26 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Silas Renn {1}{U}{B}
Legendary Artifact Creature — Human Wizard (R)
Flash
{1}{U}{U}, Sacrifice an artifact: Counter target permanent spell.
{1}{B}{B}, Discard a card: Create a 2/2 black Zombie artifact creature token.

2/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
2 years ago
Card of the Day 2022-02-25 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Phyrexian Spoiler {2}{G}{G}
Artifact Creature — Phyrexian Beast (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, destroy target land.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, sacrifice a land.

3/4
Phyrexian War Beast reference?
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
2 years ago
Card of the Day 2022-02-26 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Silas Renn {1}{U}{B}
Legendary Artifact Creature — Human Wizard (R)
Flash
{1}{U}{U}, Sacrifice an artifact: Counter target permanent spell.
{1}{B}{B}, Discard a card: Create a 2/2 black Zombie artifact creature token.

2/1
Great, but I'm not positive it feels like Silas. I guess these abilities' costs sort of feel like salvaging, though.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2022-02-27 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Secured Documents {U/B}
Artifact — Clue (U)
When ~ enters the battlefield, look at the top card of target opponent's library, then exile it face down.
{2}, {T}, Sacrifice ~: Draw a card.
{2}, {T}, Sacrifice ~: You may reveal and play a card exiled with ~.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2022-02-28 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Shardform Mentor {R/W}{R/W}
Enchantment Creature — Volver (R)
Patronage {1}{R} and/or {1}{W} (You may pay the additional patronage costs. For each you pay, this enters the battlefield paired with a 1/1 Spawn token.)
As long as ~ is paired with a creature, both creatures get +1/+1 and have double strike.

1/1

user_938036
Answers: 21

Post by user_938036 » 2 years ago

Your wording here is confusing. You've created a card that can be paired with two creatures but left the wording of its ability assuming it can only be paired to a single creature. Did you mean to only pair with one creature and just create an extra spawn? Or did you just copy over pairing ability wording without considering that it's a pair of three which is very strange to say? Reading this card as is my confusion gives way to the assumption that only the paired creatures and not the mentor gain +1/+1 and double strike.

SecretInfiltrator

user_938036 wrote:
2 years ago
Your wording here is confusing.
You make some good points. I should have changed the rules text and adapted it in a way parallel to the adaptations I made to the reminder text.

---

Card of the Day 2022-03-01 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Shadebane Aggressor {W}
Enchantment Creature — Soltari (U)
~ can't block and can't be blocked by creatures except enchanted creatures and enchantment creatures.
2/1

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
2 years ago
Card of the Day 2022-02-28 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Shardform Mentor {R/W}{R/W}
Enchantment Creature — Volver (R)
Patronage {1}{R} and/or {1}{W} (You may pay the additional patronage costs. For each you pay, this enters the battlefield paired with a 1/1 Spawn token.)
As long as ~ is paired with a creature, both creatures get +1/+1 and have double strike.

1/1
I like this mechanic but user is right, it needs rewording - considering there are two separate pairs. It's not a polyamorous throuple.
SecretInfiltrator wrote:
2 years ago
Card of the Day 2022-03-01 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Shadebane Aggressor {W}
Enchantment Creature — Soltari (U)
~ can't block and can't be blocked by creatures except enchanted creatures and enchantment creatures.
2/1
Woof, you said it, Aggressor! I know you know that is a strong blocking restriction and this would need serious testing for Limited.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Neige

Post by Neige » 2 years ago

Shadebane Aggressor seems more blue than white...

SecretInfiltrator

Neige wrote:
2 years ago
Shadebane Aggressor seems more blue than white...
It's a mechanic I'd put into white, blue and black. Not playing favorites.

---

Card of the Day 2022-03-02 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Thassa's Favored {3}{U}
Enchantment Creature — Octopus (U)
~ enters the battlefield with five +1/+1 counters on it, if your devotion to blue was eight or greater as you cast it.
3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thassa's Favored is a clever Mel design for the Giant Octopus reference and the requisite use of the number eight on a custom Octopus card. Eight devotion is REALLY high, though - I feel like this could be an ETB trigger rather than a replacement effect and let it count itself.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Woof, you said it, Aggressor! I know you know that is a strong blocking restriction and this would need serious testing for Limited.
My first thought was it would be fine in Limited where you're lucky to have 1 and it's probably facing enough enchantments to mitigate its effectiveness, but possibly problematic in constructed if not format warping in Standard.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

Neige

I don't think the comma is necessary, but the flavor is on point. I also agree it could pass as an ETB trigger since 8 is so high and thats how all the other gods work

SecretInfiltrator

I believe, you are right. The comma is not necessary. Alternatively I could re-order the condition and effect. Whi knows why I put the condition second on this card?

You all put emphasis on this getting a single additional mana symbol to maybe reach the devotion, while my focus was on avoiding removal in response to casting this (putting you below eight devotion) or in response to it entering the battlefield (sniping it at 3 toughness). Both can be valid perspectives.

That is an Octopus, not a God. ; )

---

Card of the Day 2022-03-03 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Vulturous Harpy {B}
Enchantment Creature — Harpy (R)
Flying
As long as no player has three or more creature cards in their graveyard, ~ isn't a creature.

3/3

Neige

Here you have a confusing double negative, but more to the point: if it's not a creature, what is it? An enchantment? What does it enchant? Give it an activated ability to remove cards from the GY?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Neige wrote:
2 years ago
Here you have a confusing double negative, but more to the point: if it's not a creature, what is it? An enchantment? What does it enchant?
It's just a spinoff of the Theros Gods. Erebos, God of the Dead and the rest use the same exact wording, only counting devotion. No enchant ability because of course it's not an Aura.

"Isn't a creature unless one or more players have" would probably look clearer in this instance.

This looks like cycle material for the Theros setting...

Neige

Yeah, but as an Enchantment, Erebos at least prevents life gain. What does the Harpy do as an enchantment,?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Neige wrote:
2 years ago
Yeah, but as an Enchantment, Erebos at least prevents life gain. What does the Harpy do as an enchantment,?
Well, nothing - that's the point. It's undercosted but only can attack or block (or crew Vehicles or fight or do other creature stuff) while the condition is fulfilled.

Neige

You shouldn't have a do-nothing enchantment. Personally, I use tap triggers to represent an inactive state,
Attachments
Colossal Statue.jpg

SecretInfiltrator

I originally wanted to use the unless-wording, but the God-wording compelled me.
Neige wrote:
2 years ago
You shouldn't have a do-nothing enchantment. Personally, I use tap triggers to represent an inactive state
It's not a do-nothing enchantment any more or less than Efficient Construction. If you don't have the artifact spell, it does nothing. If you have the artifact spell, it does something. The thing you need here though is a filled graveyard.

But maybe let's talk directly about Lurking Skirge.

As an aside I intentionally avoid tap-down as a drawback on enchantments.

SecretInfiltrator

Card of the Day 2022-03-04 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Jolly Cyclops {4}{R}
Enchantment Creature — Cyclops (C)
Whenever an enchantment enters the battlefield under your control, you may discard a card. If you do, draw a card.
Her single eye rolled wildly and the valley filled with the echo of her bronze laughter. Jamed realized there was no reason to fear this giant.

4/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I have to confess I'm not sure how non-italicized text in flavor texts in the card creator is actually formatted.

As for the design... nonkeyworded constellation as a one-off for a non-Theros set with enchantment creatures, yeah? I like the flavor text and the concept of a hospitable cyclops who... well, I guess in this case the looting is concepted as getting drunk? This sounds like a Persian mythology setting from the name Jamed.

SecretInfiltrator

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
I have to confess I'm not sure how non-italicized text in flavor texts in the card creator is actually formatted.
The way I did it is actually how it's supposed to work according to the creature itself. I reported the bug.

---

Card of the Day 2022-03-05 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
God-Favored Hydra {3}{G}
Enchantment Creature — Hydra Beast (U)
Bestow {5}{G} (If you cast this card for its bestow cost, it's an Aura spell with enchant creature. It becomes a creature again if it's not attached to a creature.)
Whenever ~ or enchanted creature is bestowed an Aura, put a +1/+1 counter on both.
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3.

3/3

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Oh, that's clever. Why the Beast typing?

SecretInfiltrator

void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Oh, that's clever. Why the Beast typing?
I actually don't recall. It seems to be a Theros-themed card, but Hydra Beast is usually something I use with Naya. Maybe it's a reference to Godsire. I considered removing the type before posting it, but decided to post the exact version from my repository.

---

Card of the Day 2022-03-06 >>

Text Card
Show
Hide
Storm of the Century {4}{U}{U}
Enchantment – Saga (R)
<I><II><III> Each player returns a nonland permanent they control to their owners' hands for each lore counter on ~.
<IV> Exile this Saga, then return it to the battlefield transformed under your control.

Silent Scavenger
{U/B} Enchantment Creature – Atog (R)
Discard a card: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
Exile two cards from your graveyard: ~ gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
But the calm after the storm was uneasy with their soundless feast.

1/2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”