[Placeholder] Primer - Show and Tell/Omnitell

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 4 years ago

This is the placeholder thread for the Legacy Show and Tell/Omnitell Primer on MTG Nexus. If you would like to take over the primer for this particular deck, please message a Legacy staff member.

Show and Tell is the most popular combo deck in Legacy, in no small part due to its compactness. The show plays its namesake card, Show and Tell, to drop in a hugely powerful threat - generally Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Griselbrand. For backup, lists rely on Sneak Attack to drop in threats or Omniscience to put in off of Show and Tell, with the top lists often packing both. Because the deck requires only a small number of cards to win, it can devote the rest of its slots to cantrips like Ponder, Brainstorm, and Preordain, protection like Daze, Spell Pierce, Flusterstorm, and Force of Will, and other consistency cards like Burning Wish, Cunning Wish, or Intuition. "Sol" lands like Ancient Tomb and City of Traitors and Lotus Petal are used to accelerate, which can enable the deck to drop a Show and Tell as early as turn one.

Show and Tell, 4th in Legacy MTGO Format Playoff
Approximate Total Cost:

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 4 years ago

I've been playing Sneak and Show for maybe a year although I don't play as much legacy as I like. However I do struggle against blue comboish decks like infect and tempo decks like deaths shadow and delver. Part of it because I don't know when to just go for it and when to hold back until I can fight through their counters

can anyone give me advice on playing against decks like delver, infect and shadow?

SrStompy

Post by SrStompy » 4 years ago

I've been playing a bunch of Sneak and Show recently, Mostly fairly traditional lists like above. But, with how quick the legacy meta game has been recently. The following is feeling fairly strong. I kind of flopped in the intuition to try it out. It's been relevant in a couple games.

motleyslayer

I'm always afraid to try daze in this list due to the amount of sol lands we run, does that come up often?

SrStompy

Post by SrStompy » 4 years ago

It's been love/hate. There's been a handful of games I've won early because the free counterspell let me feel confident comboing. But other games where the tempo loss or a pierce/fluster would have just been better.

I think at the moment I'd sleeve up Pierce. I've never been unable to cast it when i needed to.

motleyslayer

I'm running a 2/1 split of flusterstorm over spell pierce and I think I like that

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Proven”