Cycles you'd like to see completed

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

This is a topic I've been thinking of for a few days now, cycles of cards you'd like to see completed, as in cards that have been made for a few colours or colour combos but not for the rest

I'll start off with a few

my first one is really weird as its in 6 colour combos in no sensical order. the Horizon Canopy cycle. I think this is a cool cycle that allows you to turn a land inti a card when you need it or are flooded.

another is the cycle tri/duals lands as in Indatha Triome and cycle and Irrigated Farmland . the triomes are still pretty new so it might take time to complete the cycle but the Amonkhet ones have been around for almost 5 years. Hard to judge when they'll be completed as triomes especially need a setting

I'd like to see some of the other lands from future sight get a cycle such as Grove of the Burnwillows and River of Tears

what are cycles you'd like to see finished?

Androk
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Androk » 2 years ago

Definitely the Triomes...I have some hope that we'll see the cycle completed in New Capenna.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

The Call the Skybreaker cycle still has no {W/B} member.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

ConstantMists

Post by ConstantMists » 2 years ago

Though I'm too lazy to look it up right now, I'm sure I remember Maro saying that there wouldn't be a River of Tears cycle because it didn't play particularly well because of memory issues.
Current Commander decks: Zurgo Helmsmasher - Borborgymos Enraged - Elenda, the Dusk Rose - Doran, the Seige Tower - Sliver Overlord - Yarok, the Desecrated - Scion of the Ur-Dragon - Hazoret the Fervent - Purphoros, God of the Forge - Gisela, Blade of Goldnight - Marath, Will of the Wild - Ramos, Dragon Engine - Ruhan of the Fomori - Narset, Enlightened Master - Kokusho, the Evening Star - Mizzix of the Izmagnus - Dragonsoul Knight (Pauper) - Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas (Precon)

motleyslayer

Androk wrote:
2 years ago
Definitely the Triomes...I have some hope that we'll see the cycle completed in New Capenna.
I feel that would be a pretty easy place to include them. and it would finish them soon as well

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
Androk wrote:
2 years ago
I feel that would be a pretty easy place to include them. and it would finish them soon as well
True enough - hard to imagine there'll just sort of be another shard set soon. Still, the other half of the cycle would have a different flavor. Maybe as gang territories.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Androk wrote:
2 years ago
Got your wish.

motleyslayer

I was pretty happy when I saw the reveals today. Looks like we're getting a bant coloured ascendancy as well, so the cycle of tri colour ascendancies will be complete

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

a little late to the thread. Anyway, glad to see the triome cycle would be completed. These lands are quite useful for getting the right color mana in a three color deck. Also never a dead draw mid-late game, because they can be cycled away.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

motleyslayer

I think both the dual and tri lands with basic land types and cycling were great card design due to the fact you can just cycle them away late game, white having basic land types

FoxHybrid
Guardian

Post by FoxHybrid » 2 years ago

It would definitely be interesting to see the red, white, and green members of the "cycle" that a lot of people thought Hullbreacher and Opposition Agent were a part of. I think it definitely would be interesting to see a red hatebear.

motleyslayer

FoxHybrid wrote:
2 years ago
It would definitely be interesting to see the red, white, and green members of the "cycle" that a lot of people thought Hullbreacher and Opposition Agent were a part of. I think it definitely would be interesting to see a red hatebear.
I think that would be a cool cycle to complete. what would you do for the red one?

FoxHybrid
Guardian

Post by FoxHybrid » 2 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
FoxHybrid wrote:
2 years ago
I think that would be a cool cycle to complete. what would you do for the red one?
Maybe something like the the anti extra turns clause from Stranglehold except you get to take the turn? Maybe make it cost a little more so it's fair, like 5 or so mana? That or they would probably make it some sort of non-basic land hate. Not sure how though.

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 2 years ago

Archmage's Charm.

If I may:

Archfiend's Charm
Instant (R)
Choose one —
• Archfiend's Charm deals 3 damage to any target.
• Creatures you control get +2/+0 until end of turn.
• Create two 1/1 red Devil creature tokens with: "When this creature dies, it deals 1 damage to any target."
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

@motleyslayer

in my area, the tri lands are highly valued in pioneer - because it's a format where color fixing is poor due to fetch lands being not legal. My rug Illuna dinosaur tribal deck has two Ketria triome, and they work perfectly. They were a bit pricey last year, but I persevered in getting them, because they are necessary for the deck.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

The allied triomes are cool and all, but I'd rather have the enemy bicycle lands completed sooner rather than later
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

motleyslayer

tbh I was surprised we got the full cycle of triomes so close together, when it's been almost 5 years since we got the allied bicycle lands. Seems like we get cycling a lot as a mechanic now, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got enemy bicycle lands soon

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”