PHYREXIAN type

Artaud
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Artaud » 2 years ago

Sorry if it's outdated news but I've just noticed a new creature type on scryfall.com. I'm not sure if it's official but if so then Wizards are up to bringing Phyrexian invasion back soon along with some Phyrexian-matter mechanics and huge errata to 227 creature cards.

https://scryfall.com/search?as=grid&ord ... ique=cards

Can anyone confirm this?
Attachments
phyrexian.jpg

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Eventually we're going to return to New Phyrexia but these changes happened in Gatherer months ago after the decision was made to give the compleat their own unifying creature type. This started in printed cards with Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

WizardMN

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Here is the article going over all the oracle changes for the Phyrexian creature type:

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2021-06-18

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I'd imagine we'll be getting more Phyrexians in either the new Dominaria or the Brothers War set coming up next year

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 2 years ago

Why "either"? Brothers' War without Phyrexians would feel incomplete, so it is just a question of whether we also get some in Dominaria United.

We don't know much about that set e. g. why they unite... against what? I suppose they would remember Phyrexians well enough to consider them a threat to uniteagainst, but with the small Praetor inclusions that are going on that seems like too early to be a set focus.

hyalopterouslemur

Post by hyalopterouslemur » 2 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
2 years ago
Why "either"? Brothers' War without Phyrexians would feel incomplete, so it is just a question of whether we also get some in Dominaria United.

We don't know much about that set e. g. why they unite... against what? I suppose they would remember Phyrexians well enough to consider them a threat to uniteagainst, but with the small Praetor inclusions that are going on that seems like too early to be a set focus.
Missed the opportunity to say incompleat.

The whole thing is about two brothers playing with fire and Dominaria burns. We need the fire. So, may as well change it now, even if Priests of Norn being just a cleric was its own subtle unease.
Thanks to Feyd_Ruin for the avatar!

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 years ago

Specific is Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider offically introduced the type it wasn't errata'd yet at the time

It wasn't till modern horizons 2 the official errata wave happened and it's due to a couple of reprints getting the phyrexian type.

Artaud

Post by Artaud » 2 years ago

Yes, new Jin Gitaxias has Phyrexian subtype. I wonder why Tamiyo hasn't sińce she's compleated though. Do Planeswalkers can't have it because of some lore reasons or there is not enough room in a Type bar?

WizardMN

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Artaud wrote:
2 years ago
Yes, new Jin Gitaxias has Phyrexian subtype. I wonder why Tamiyo hasn't sińce she's compleated though. Do Planeswalkers can't have it because of some lore reasons or there is not enough room in a Type bar?
Phyrexian is a creature type. Planeswalkers don't have creature types. It is why she is not a Moonfolk.

MaritLage
Catholic Nun
Pronoun: she / her

Post by MaritLage » 1 year ago

Has anyone here actually cracked the Kingfisher riddle? Ka .

spam warning issued, motleyslayer .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”