Prosper: Turbo Tryhard

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 1 year ago

Prosper had an epic game tonight!

Turn one: Swamp, Jeweled Lotus, cast Prosper. Prosper exiled Vampiric Tutor.
Turn Two: Mountain, Mox Amber, cast Vampiric Tutor, creating a Treasure token. Put Dark Ritual on top of library. Cast March of Reckless Joy pitching Abrade, exiled Dark Ritual. and something else. Cast Dark Ritual with a Treasure token, making another. Used the BBB to cast Doomsday, creating the standard pile of Final Fortune, Jeska's Will, Twinflame, Dualcaster Mage and Deflecting Swat. Prosper exiled Final Fortune, used the Mox and a treasure to cast it. Drew Jeska's Will on the new turn, used the two lands and the Mox to cast it generating rrrrrr and exiling the remaining three cards. Fired off the combo for the win.
Last edited by pzbw7z 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:

pzbw7z

I picked up a copy of Entomb last night; now I have to find a cut. I'm thinking it's going to be You Find Some Prisoners.

pzbw7z

I finally bit the bullet and ordered a Mana Crypt. It will take the place of Jeweled Amulet. Identical casting cost, slightly different monetary value. :)

Of course, the first time in one of the local stores after pulling the trigger, a copy showed up in the cabinet - after months of looking!

I still want a copy of Rain of Filth, but that is probably it. Yawgmoth's Will isn't completely out of the question, but it's a stretch.

pzbw7z

Prosper finally got to play through an Underworld Breach - Grinding Station line tonight. A quick Dockside Extortionist greased the wheels nicely. Good times.

pzbw7z

Today I broke down and ordered a copy of Rain of Filth; I haven't been able to find one to trade for.

I should probably cut Chaos Warp for it, or maybe Mizzix's Mastery, but I'll probably cut a land. Prismatic Vista is the most likely choice. It's probably not the worst land in my deck, but I've got only one copy and Varina needs it worse than Prosper does.
Last edited by pzbw7z 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

pzbw7z

Rain of Filth arrived yesterday. For now, I'm going to slot it in in place of Infernal Plunge.

pzbw7z

If I can find a copy of Braids, Arisen Nightmare for no capital outlay, I'll give it a try out. Anybody using it?

pzbw7z

Tonight I got some games in for the first time in a good little while. There were a couple of good results.

While I've shouted out Professional Face-Breaker before, I just have to do it again; that card just wins games! I had to use Wishclaw Talisman in a game to prevent being combo-killed which prevented me from using it on my next turn to finish my combo. Facebreaker just exiled card after card using treasures, making treasures until the second half of my main combo flipped up.

Another game saw the first time I've gotten the Harnfel side of Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty in play. I had Wishclaw on hand to get Sensei's Divining Top and rode that line to victory. Good times!

On a inglorious note, I managed to bungle a Necropotence line and kill myself in another game; I don't really want to talk about that too much. ;)

pzbw7z

A footnote to the Facebreaker story just above; I had Entomb and Reanimate both in hand and used them to get Facebreaker into play to start that line.

pzbw7z

One more note from tonight; Prosper flipped up Mizzix's Mastery TWICE! I managed to cast it once for minimal value, but I feel like it was mocking me, telling me that I know it doesn't belong. I've been down on it for a while due to it's cost. I think it's got to go. Maybe Delayed Blast Fireball will replace it. I've also thought about a few others. Perhaps I'll test out a couple of things in that slot.

MM, unlike Recoup, does hit Ad Nauseam, which is, I'm reasonably sure, the reason some of the cool kids run it, but I still don't really dig it. That's a boat-load of mana to cast both of them in the first place, and MM is a sorcery which makes it tough to win with Ad Naus cast this way.

pzbw7z

Perhaps I was rash concerning Mizzix's Mastery; casting Peer into the Abyss for 3R is a pretty good deal. It's still a good deal if one has to Entomb PitA.

pzbw7z

Somehow, I managed to omit Laelia, the Blade Reforged from the win-conditions section of the primer - DOH!

Rectified.

pzbw7z

Some visual improvements have been made to the primer, particularly in the win-con and notable lines of play spoilers.

pzbw7z

Last night I did a my-turn-four Ad Nauseam; I was hesitant and almost didn't do it, but I hit all the tutors, rocks and rituals - well enough of them anyway. :) Prosper was not on board, having been sacrificed earlier but it didn't matter. I had picked up Dockside Extortionist for Twinflame to target and to provide a little gas. That was critical as Jeska's Will couldn't work for me without Prosper. Fortunately, March of Reckless Joy did, picking up the Dualcaster Mage I had put on top with Imperial Seal; I had plenty of cards to pitch to Joy.

Turbo Ad Nauseam is obviously not everyone's jam, but it is certainly exciting sometimes!

pzbw7z

Also, last night I finally was able to swing Dockside Extortionist - Cloudstone Curio - Magda, Brazen Outlaw combo. My opponents controlled five artifacts which was just enough juice to pull it off. After making 455 extra treasures, Magda burned five to get Wishclaw Talisman which got Mayhem Devil to kill the table.

Twinflame - Dualcaster Mage is so simple it's hard not to reach for it every game, but it's cool to get a win some other way.

pzbw7z

Entomb earned its keep tonight. I had a turn-one Prosper flip up Twinflame which I had to cast on turn two to keep from losing to permanent exile. I was fortunate to draw lands and not lose Prosper as I had kept a one-lander with Jeweled Lotus.

Anyway, after a few turns, I drew Underworld Breach and realized why Entomb was in my deck! And fortunately, it was also in my hand! Entombed Dualcaster Mage prior to my turn then Breeched for the combo win!

Also tonight I got a turn three win with Harnfel, Horn of Bounty and Sensei's Divining Top. A fortunate draw put an early Mana Crypt and Ancient Tomb in play to make Harnfel possible so quickly. Imperial Seal let me get Top on top and Harnfel let me cast it from exile and I was off to the races!

In another game, I tried to cast Ad Nauseam on turn three prior to my turn four and had the thing countered. :( So I cast Necropotence on turn four and blasted a counter to get it in play. I set aside thirty cards and sculpted a winning hand - including the other Blast. Turn five Doomsday for the win.

If I live long enough, I think I may get a good handle on this deck. :)

pzbw7z

In a game last Friday, I started off with land, Chrome Mox (imprinting Entomb), Mana Crypt → Prosper. Prosper flipped Imperial Seal.

Turn two, another land, cast Imperial Seal from exile for Ad Nauseam; Prosper made a Treasure. Prosper flipped Ad Naus.

On the last End phase prior to my turn, fired off Ad Naus; burned down to seven life, thought about it, and decided to go one more time. I mean, how likely was it to flip Peer into the Abyss? Besides, it would be funny to lose that way! :smirk: Turned over a land a went again. Dropped to four life.

After all of this, I really didn't have a win-con. So, turn three I cast Jeska's Will, then Professional Facebreaker and then Vampiric Tutor for Doomsday, dropping to two life. Facebreaker flipped Doomsday and I cast it, dropping to one life! I cast Final Fortune. Then on the new turn I rolled for Mana Crypt half hoping to die to it for the hilarity of it. . . but didn't! :) :grin: :P :rofl:

Talk about life is a resource!

pzbw7z

Diabolic Intent feels rather bad; I'm thinking of swapping it for Grim Tutor. Anyone else have this issue? Fifteen creatures is probably not enough meat for Intent.

pzbw7z

A big shout out goes to Birgi, God of Storytelling // Harnfel, Horn of Bounty; the last two games I've played with Prosper, Harnfel - Sensei's Divining Top powered out the wins. Having Harnfel, mana and a tutor is just a nice place to be.

On the other hand, Diabolic Intent still feels bad. I'd swap Grim Tutor in but I'm leery of adding to the total mana value; I'd like it to be a little lower.

pzbw7z

Another Harnfel, Horn of Bounty - Top combo tonight. Turn-one Ragavan, Nimble Pilferer did a little work, Mana Crypt made a turn-two Prosper. A turn-two Ad Nauseam turned up Harnfel and Top and turn three was GG.

pzbw7z

Prosper is trying out Braids, Arisen Nightmare; initially in place of Laelia, the Blade Reforged, but upon further consideration, in place of Imperial Recruiter.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 11 months ago

Tonight, while I was trying to pubstomp a couple of casual decks, I tried to go off with Ad Nauseam, but I was already down to about 24 life. I flipped Dualcaster Mage and Gamble, and not much else that was useful, so I gambled on Twinflame. With twelve cards in hand, what did I lose to Gamble? Twinflame. . . Yeah.

That's not as bad as the last time out, I burned down to five life with Ad Nauseam on an end phase, untapped and promptly lost three life to Mana Crypt. I didn't have much but Doomsday, so I cast it and went down to one life. On the extra turn after Final Fortune, you know what happened. It was actually pretty funny.

Gamble did get a second chance tonight. I had a turn one Prosper with Jeweled Lotus - a pretty good top deck on turn one!, and flipped March of Reckless Joy. I cast Rite of Flame turn two to cast MoRJ with X = 1. A Swamp flipped up and I had two treasures to boot. I cast Sensei's Divining Top and passed. On turn three, I gambled for Birgi/Harnfel and won this time. After casting Harnfel, it was off to the races!

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 11 months ago

It turns Peer into the Abyss on turn two is pretty good! I got a couple of tutors, but I also got Doomsday, so I just did the latter. It was a silly hand and turn one draw.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 10 months ago

Prosper flipped up Bolas's Citadel on turn two tonight; I was bummed because I didn't have the mana to cast it. Then I top-decked Dark Ritual! It turns out a turn-three Citadel will get you there!

Found Sensei's Divining Top fairly quickly to reduce the life loss. Top also gets you past lands. I burned down to about 15 life or so before I assembled the Grinding Station - Underworld Breach combo and closed out the game.

A shout out goes to Rain of Filth which helped provide mana for the big turn.

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 9 months ago

Prosper got a copy of Mount Doom last week. I replaced my proxy of Polluted Delta. I'd probably have pulled Spire of Industry if there wasn't that proxy. The abilities won't often come into play, but it's an untapped dual and that's good enough for a deck that happily runs Mana Confluence and City of Brass.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”