tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by tstorm823 » 2 years ago

Zyren wrote:
2 years ago
...while getting all your stuff back!
That is so, so sneaky. The natural intuition is to think you get back enchantments that went to the graveyard from your battlefield, but it's definitely any card regardless of type in the graveyard or who controlled it when it was destroyed. I love it.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Tags:

ihatemaryfisher
Pronoun: they / them

Post by ihatemaryfisher » 2 years ago

Can confirm, Chance for Glory is useful. I used it last night to secure a nice win earlier than expected.

Precursor Column, Brash Taunter, and Temple Bell on the field
Cast Bonus Round into Chance for Glory, take 2 extra turns

Pass turn

Do Mirror of Fate + [Saheeli, Sublime Artificer combo, putting Angel's Grace, Arcbond, Jeskai Charm,
Use Temple Bell to draw Angel's Grace, and play it, negating Chance for Glory's "lose the game"

Pass Turn

Draw and play Arcbond and Jeskai Charm, and fight a golem with Brash Taunter.

The only irritating part was how difficult it was to execute. I'm sure the solution is just "Play the deck more," but pulling off combos requires so so much thought.

I mean, when resolving a Mirror of Fate combo to find a wincon, one has to track
(1) Available mana,
(2) How many cards you need to draw,
(3) How many turns each combo will take to assemble
(4) Which combos are still available (because pieces may be in the graveyard)

And each of these intersects, e.g., if you need to spend extra mana to draw more cards and get the full combo, what's the best way to do it? Is it worth adding Turnabout to the pile, which requires drawing another card, but also resets your mana. There's so many lines of play like that, it's ridiculous. AND you have to do it all fast enough that people don't get annoyed at you.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Post by tstorm823 » 2 years ago

ihatemaryfisher wrote:
2 years ago
AND you have to do it all fast enough that people don't get annoyed at you.
Well, you don't haaaaaaave to, but it's certainly preferable.

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 2 years ago

I also shamelessly stole the Chance for Glory idea (for the moment, it replaced Flawless Maneuver) and add it to my list along with Angel's Grace, Magosi, the Waterveil and Elite Arcanist. Arcanist is powerful too and has his own combos that doesn't necessarily need the Chance (f.e. it combos with Turnabout/Narset's Reversal/Jeskai Ascendancy). I was only able to combo off with Magosi just once (Unbender Tine is needed there), but more than once I won with Chance, Angel's Grace, Elite Arcanist and a copy of the Arcanist. The main problem was that, without a flash enabler or Catch // Release, my opponents would see the combo a mile away and usually killed one of the Arcanists in their turn. I found out that many times the correct play is that the best thing that Arcanist can exile, is NOT Chance, but Narset's Reversal. Not only a Reversal on a stick makes the entire deck extremely flexible offensively and defensively, but also, if I happen to draw the rest pieces of the combo, it is still applicable by clonng the Arcanist for Grace and always Reversal the Chance for Glory.

Finally, Chance for Glory and Angel's Grace in an Eye of the Storm is powerful confirmed. Extra bonus for the Split Second interaction inside the Eye. I just recently realised that I missed the slight chaos and variety that Zedruu can create (It's been a while since I took out the Possibility Storm/Knowledge Pool/Eye trio) and decided to put the Eye back in. It did not dissapoint. It was far more fun and powerful than I remembered. :)
ihatemaryfisher wrote:
2 years ago
The only irritating part was how difficult it was to execute. I'm sure the solution is just "Play the deck more," but pulling off combos requires so so much thought.

I mean, when resolving a Mirror of Fate combo to find a wincon, one has to track.....
Last week I had a game when I was left with just 1 life, no cards in hand and almost my entire library in my gy. I was able to win that game by sacrificing my Mirror, realizing that I had Bonus Round, Narset's Reversal, Turnabout and Angel's Grace exiled (both from a flipped Azor's Gateway // Sanctum of the Sun and a destroyed Eye of the Storm) and I was able to make myself draw these cards with a fight between Golden Guardian // Gold-Forge Garrison and Illusory Ambusher, finally winning the game with infinite mana, milling everyone out with Mikokoro, Center of the Sea while I was safe from losing to milling through Angel's Grace. I was very proud of that win. Took me about 4 minutes of both me realizing the out, playing it out and explaining it to my opponents. So yes. The more you play, the easier it becomes, though there will always be situations once in a while where you might get surprised.
Zedruu the Greathearted 4-Card Combos Puzzlebox
Gluntch, the Bestower Controlled Hug
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis Saclands
Teneb, the Harvester AntiBlack Pestilence
Dakkon Blackblade Control
Riku of Two Reflections Dragon's Approach
Phelddagrif Hippo Factory Lifegain
Damia, Sage of Stone Casual Food Chain
Minsc, Beloved Ranger Win(nie)s
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis Dredge/Reanimator
Hans Eriksson Smash

Sefir

Post by Sefir » 1 year ago

https://mythicspoiler.com/CAP/cards/smugglersshare.html

Powerful in a deck with a lot of Howling Mine effects.
Almost makes me want to try Wedding Ring.....
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Post by tstorm823 » 1 year ago

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
https://mythicspoiler.com/CAP/cards/smugglersshare.html

Powerful in a deck with a lot of Howling Mine effects.
Almost makes me want to try Wedding Ring.....
Yup. With 4 players, it's 3 cards a round with one howling mine, potentially 6-12 with other effects. And unlike Wedding Ring, it doesn't require an extra hoop to jump through before benefiting from Time Spiral-type effects. And it's less mana. And treasures are better than life gain. Less goofy fringe synergies than Wedding Ring, for sure, but if you're into winning, turn 2 Howling Mine into turn 3 this, start turn 4 with 12 cards in hand probably gets there. And chances are it's never a do nothing, an entire table going a round without a draw spell, ramp spell, or fetch land is pretty rare.

ihatemaryfisher

Post by ihatemaryfisher » 1 year ago

Have you ever considered Arcane Lighthouse? I know the deck is hungry for mana pips, but I think this may be worth it. In almost every game where I draw it, I end up donating or swapping it to the player with the most removal. This is great for a few reasons:
  • We play zero cards with hexproof or shroud, so Arcane Lighthouse weaponizes our opponents against one another
  • Encouraging opponents to use their resources against each other is a good for us.
  • This type of political move requires no talking; the cards on the table are good-enough guides.[/indent]
Also, I often find myself pulling a Mirror of Fate combo, but without any Howling Mine effects on the field. From there, it's very difficult to draw into an entire wincon that turn. What's your advice? I was thinking of running Gitaxian Probe so that I can layer my deck like:

Gitaxian Probe
Mind's Desire
wincon piece #1

Hopefully I'll be able to cast another spell from my hand to reach storm count 3, and then cast Mind's Desire into a winning 4-card combo.

Not sure if that's the best way to do it though. Maybe it'd be simpler to run Ideas Unbound and put it on top?

Sefir

ihatemaryfisher wrote:
1 year ago
I often find myself pulling a Mirror of Fate combo, but without any Howling Mine effects on the field. From there, it's very difficult to draw into an entire wincon that turn.
I dont see how this is possible. Zedruu can easily provide that extra card draws needed and it is always available.......
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
I dont see how this is possible. Zedruu can easily provide that extra card draws needed and it is always available.......
I believe the question is "if I start my turn with two copies of Mirror of Fate, 1 card draw, and 6 mana, how can I stack the deck to deterministically win", and the short answer is "you don't, cause then it's a 3-card deterministic win."

@ihatemaryfisher
If you have 10 mana to start, you can stack Leave // Chance on top, Leave back a couple cards if you need to, Chance for 2 to draw Turnabout and Mind's Desire as the next two cards, Turnabout for more mana, Mind's Desire with 3 storm copies, stack a 4 card combo underneath. If I only had 6 mana and I really wanted to win that turn, I'd put Time Spiral on top, with Turnabout and Mind's Desire underneath, and then a win condition beneath that. There is a very remote chance of Spiraling into the win, but with a big upside that I just put Mirror of Fate back in my deck so that it isn't conceding the game if I fail.

I'd rather not make alterations to avoid the need for preconditions or luck in that situation. Also, your Arcane Lighthouse trick is super cheeky, so maybe.

jjjrrrgggnnn
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by jjjrrrgggnnn » 1 year ago

@Sefir You mentioned you pulled off a combo with Magosi, the Waterveil, and Unbender Tine. Would you be able to walk me through this? As far as I. understand it, If you manage to activate the two modes on Magosi in a turn the 'miss a turn' and 'take an extra turn' cancel each other out. Wouldn't you need something like Rings of Brighthearth? (ew. a three-card combo :sick:)

@tstorm823, speaking of Rings of Brighthearth, I know it's a bonkers card in general, but isn't it especially bonkers in Zedruu? Or because of its ubiquity have you elected to not include it in your list?

Personally, I'm quite attracted to getting two Zedruu activations for , shaving a single mana, and more importantly, a bunch of coloured pips, sounds super appealing. Doubling all your planeswalker activations, Twice the amount of draw from Temple Bell, double the Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker tokens, and double Strionic Resonator activations to name a few :please:

Also, have you come across any 4+ card combos that require a Zedruu activation? I'm aware of the couple with Dissipation Field, and the Sacred Ground + Price of Glory, as well as the Archetype of Imagination + Luminous Broodmoth. But there must be more floating around, no?

lyonhaert
Answers: 4

Post by lyonhaert » 1 year ago

jjjrrrgggnnn wrote:
1 year ago
Also, have you come across any 4+ card combos that require a Zedruu activation? I'm aware of the couple with Dissipation Field, and the Sacred Ground + Price of Glory, as well as the Archetype of Imagination + Luminous Broodmoth. But there must be more floating around, no?
There's also the one for Barren Glory of making infinite mana and using it to empty your hand and donate everything else to other players.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

jjjrrrgggnnn

Ah yes, I forgot that one. I suppose I gave up on ever pulling the Barren Glory win. It's the real holy grail combo.

Sefir

jjjrrrgggnnn wrote:
1 year ago
@Sefir You mentioned you pulled off a combo with Magosi, the Waterveil, and Unbender Tine. Would you be able to walk me through this? As far as I. understand it, If you manage to activate the two modes on Magosi in a turn the 'miss a turn' and 'take an extra turn' cancel each other out. Wouldn't you need something like Rings of Brighthearth? (ew. a three-card combo :sick:)
Well, obviously not only with Magosi, the Waterveil, and Unbender Tine. As always with this deck, it is a 4 card combo. It also requires Chance for Glory and Elite Arcanist. Have Magosi in play untapped and an Arcanist with Chance exiled with him. Use Arcanist to take a turn, use Magosi to skip that turn. Untap Magosi with Tine, Use Magosi to take a turn. Magosi get bounced. Play Magosi as land for turn. Now you have infinite turns with the catch that your land drop is "locked" with Magosi, but you can still win easily from there.
jjjrrrgggnnn wrote:
1 year ago
I have never heard of the Sacred Ground + Price of Glory +Zedruu + whatever mana sink (Hi Walking Archive! ) combo and I like it a lot. Only minus is that Price is more likely to hurt us on its own, outside of its combo.
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

jjjrrrgggnnn

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
Well, obviously not only with Magosi, the Waterveil, and Unbender Tine. As always with this deck, it is a 4 card combo. It also requires Chance for Glory and Elite Arcanist. Have Magosi in play untapped and an Arcanist with Chance exiled with him. Use Arcanist to take a turn, use Magosi to skip that turn. Untap Magosi with Tine, Use Magosi to take a turn. Magosi get bounced. Play Magosi as land for turn. Now you have infinite turns with the catch that your land drop is "locked" with Magosi, but you can still win easily from there.
Ah, very cool. Thanks for the explanation! I'm into it, going to try it out :)
Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
I have never heard of the Sacred Ground + Price of Glory +Zedruu + whatever mana sink (Hi Walking Archive! ) combo and I like it a lot. Only minus is that Price is more likely to hurt us on its own, outside of its combo.
Also Sacred Ground is almost never going to be useful outside the combo, as much as it pains me to say, as it's exactly the kind of card I love > I've got a Vadrok, Apex of Thunder deck that's grown from the Zedruu self land-sac list @MeowZeDung posted a while ago, and I've been trying to figure out how to set Sacred Ground to work in that, but no luck so far.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
That was one I played with years ago and mentioned in the mtgsalvation thread, though I was at best the second player to stumble into that nonsense, as iirc that came up in the really old pristaxcontrombmodruu thread.

@jjjrrrgggnnn Rings of Brighthearth is the kind of card I'm careful not to add haphazardly because it makes 3 card combos by accident. Even without Magosi, you do things like Unbender Tine, Gilded Lotus, Rings and have infinite mana with exceptionally little opportunity cost.

All things considered, that Chance for Glory method sounds like more fun to me.

jjjrrrgggnnn

tstorm823 wrote:
1 year ago
@jjjrrrgggnnn Rings of Brighthearth is the kind of card I'm careful not to add haphazardly because it makes 3 card combos by accident. Even without Magosi, you do things like Unbender Tine, Gilded Lotus, Rings and have infinite mana with exceptionally little opportunity cost.
Very true.

Sefir

tstorm823 wrote:
1 year ago
It was indeed...... until I realized Elite Arcanist makes a 3-card combo with Narset's Reversal and Temporal Mastery. I had to remove the entire package. :cry:

It was fun while it lasted, but now I am in the rare spot where i have space for 3-4 cards in my Zedruu deck. This is a nice experience too.

EDIT: How good would you think Urza, Lord High Artificer could be in this deck? It is not dedicated in artifacts and this is a good thing, he can provide additional ramp, do some minor tricks a la taping our Howling Mine, can be used as the 4th card in infinite mana combos and can have some cute new ones as well (f.e. Zedruu the Greathearted, Cavalier of Dawn, Imposter Mech and Urza, Lord High Artificer can provide infinite golems, the superior version of the old Phyrexian Metamorph+Cavalier combo). I am very feared of his reputation though. I want him to be good, but not having the entire game evolved around him.
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
tstorm823 wrote:
1 year ago
It was indeed...... until I realized Elite Arcanist makes a 3-card combo with Narset's Reversal and Temporal Mastery. I had to remove the entire package. :cry:

It was fun while it lasted, but now I am in the rare spot where i have space for 3-4 cards in my Zedruu deck. This is a nice experience too.

EDIT: How good would you think Urza, Lord High Artificer could be in this deck? It is not dedicated in artifacts and this is a good thing, he can provide additional ramp, do some minor tricks a la taping our Howling Mine, can be used as the 4th card in infinite mana combos and can have some cute new ones as well (f.e. Zedruu the Greathearted, Cavalier of Dawn, Imposter Mech and Urza, Lord High Artificer can provide infinite golems, the superior version of the old Phyrexian Metamorph+Cavalier combo). I am very feared of his reputation though. I want him to be good, but not having the entire game evolved around him.
I'm not ready to quit on Chance for Glory / Magosi, the Waterveil just yet. I don't have the answer yet for how to make it 4 cards, but that is a powerful 2-card synergy made of 2 really fun cards. And honestly, I'm not a big fan of a card like Elite Arcanist anyway, as a fragile combo piece that suffers from summoning sickness and pulls removal spells. If we work with graveyard recursion instead, Temporal Mastery naturally dodges the combo problem by exiling itself, and there is a piece of graveyard recursion that caught my attention but conflicted with another card at the time it came out: Lore Drakkis. Mutate is a cool wonky thing, but I couldn't play with it because of Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, because mutate has an interesting side ability to make a legendary creature non-legendary, which goes trivially infinite with Kiki-Jiki copying itself. If I'm not on Kiki, I can try to fit Lore Drakkis in, which is a reasonable utility card that also lets me Mirrorweave Zedruu (not that there's a reason to except style points).

A week or so after Urza came out, I cloned someone's Urza and then the game ended, so it works, but it didn't feel that satisfying.

Sefir

tstorm823 wrote:
1 year ago

I'm not ready to quit on Chance for Glory / Magosi, the Waterveil just yet. I don't have the answer yet for how to make it 4 cards, but that is a powerful 2-card synergy made of 2 really fun cards. And honestly, I'm not a big fan of a card like Elite Arcanist anyway, as a fragile combo piece that suffers from summoning sickness and pulls removal spells. If we work with graveyard recursion instead, Temporal Mastery naturally dodges the combo problem by exiling itself, and there is a piece of graveyard recursion that caught my attention but conflicted with another card at the time it came out: Lore Drakkis. Mutate is a cool wonky thing, but I couldn't play with it because of Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker, because mutate has an interesting side ability to make a legendary creature non-legendary, which goes trivially infinite with Kiki-Jiki copying itself. If I'm not on Kiki, I can try to fit Lore Drakkis in, which is a reasonable utility card that also lets me Mirrorweave Zedruu (not that there's a reason to except style points).
Sure, there are a gazzilion instant recursion creatures that every flicker deck use. But you still have problems. You can either go for
a) A one-time use only creature (like Archaeomancer or Lore Drakkis), but then you would need a 5th card as well to complete the combo with Magosi, Chance for Glory and Unbender Tine, one that can copy or clone the instant-recursion creature (Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker or Sakashima the Impostor) making it a 5-card combo instead of a 4-card one. And ofc any other Chance for Glory combo variations, like the Chance, Angel's Grace, double recast - previously used by 2 Elite Arcanists - are not a possible combo any more, at least with only 4 cards.
The ONLY way Chance has a 4-card combo is either with Scholar of the Ages (f.e. Scholar+Chance+Grace+Kiki), somewhat boring imho, OR with Sundial of the Infinite (f.e. Archaeomancer/Sundial/Chance/Kiki). Sundial will have 0 uses in the deck outside of this combo though.
or
b) Use something that will recur an instant every turn on its own, like Charmbreaker Devils. Now all previous combos work, they are perfect 4-card combos, but you fall into the Elite Arcanist trap. That basically every "permanent that lets you replay the same instant every turn unconditionally" (like Charmbreaker Devils or Elite Arcanist) + Narset's Reversal + Temporal Mastery are a 3-card combo.

Not sure what the solution is, but I dont think recursion is the one. And I am not prepared to sacrifice either Reversal or Temporal Mastery yet.

Ofc Chance for Glory can also have its uses in every combo that requires your creatures to be indestructible. If that's the case however, I would prefer to bring my Flawless Maneuver back instead.
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
Sure, there are a gazzilion instant recursion creatures that every flicker deck use. But you still have problems. You can either go for
a) A one-time use only creature (like Archaeomancer or Lore Drakkis), but then you would need a 5th card as well to complete the combo with Magosi, Chance for Glory and Unbender Tine, one that can copy or clone the instant-recursion creature (Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker or Sakashima the Impostor) making it a 5-card combo instead of a 4-card one. And ofc any other Chance for Glory combo variations, like the Chance, Angel's Grace, double recast - previously used by 2 Elite Arcanists - are not a possible combo any more, at least with only 4 cards.
The ONLY way Chance has a 4-card combo is either with Scholar of the Ages (f.e. Scholar+Chance+Grace+Kiki), somewhat boring imho, OR with Sundial of the Infinite (f.e. Archaeomancer/Sundial/Chance/Kiki). Sundial will have 0 uses in the deck outside of this combo though.
or
b) Use something that will recur an instant every turn on its own, like Charmbreaker Devils. Now all previous combos work, they are perfect 4-card combos, but you fall into the Elite Arcanist trap. That basically every "permanent that lets you replay the same instant every turn unconditionally" (like Charmbreaker Devils or Elite Arcanist) + Narset's Reversal + Temporal Mastery are a 3-card combo.

Not sure what the solution is, but I dont think recursion is the one. And I am not prepared to sacrifice either Reversal or Temporal Mastery yet.

Ofc Chance for Glory can also have its uses in every combo that requires your creatures to be indestructible. If that's the case however, I would prefer to bring my Flawless Maneuver back instead.
I do not have the answer for 4-card Magosi combo, other than the technicality that you can play it fair and actually skip a turn in order to set up a Barren Glory win down the line.

But let me tell you why I'm thinking through a million different permutations of Lore Drakkis: it isn't just a one-shot recursion piece. If you have a clone of a mutated creature, it retains the ability of the whole stack. If you then bounce the original and remutate onto the clone, it duplicates the ability. So if I Replication Technique a Lore Drakkis, then Leave // Chance the original back to my hand, I can mutate to make a double Lore Drakkis and pick up both spells. I can Turnabout to get my mana back, then Replicate again, Leave again, and mutate a second time to pick up all 3 spells. Badabing, badaboom, 4-card infinite with Lore Drakkis doing triple recursion duty. This requires returning things to hand and cloning, but Magosi returns to hand...

So if we could start by animating a Magosi, the Waterveil, we could make it a Lore Drakkis, which could both recur Chance for Glory and make it cloneable. Instead of untapping one Magosi, we'd have 2-3 on the board at a time, use one to skip the next turn, mutate onto the one with a counter already then activate to reset Drakkis and take an extra turn, and then the third would be both tapped and have summoning sickness. And this process would require a turn of setup in advance, but that's built in if we animate with Part the Waterveil. So that's just Magosi, Part the Waterveil, Lore Drakkis, Chance for Glory and Replication Technique... aaand it's 5 cards. But it's a really sweet 5-cards, that involves Parting the Waterveil on the actual Waterveil.

Sefir

tstorm823 wrote:
1 year ago
But let me tell you why I'm thinking through a million different permutations of Lore Drakkis: it isn't just a one-shot recursion piece. If you have a clone of a mutated creature, it retains the ability of the whole stack. If you then bounce the original and remutate onto the clone, it duplicates the ability. So if I Replication Technique a Lore Drakkis, then Leave // Chance the original back to my hand, I can mutate to make a double Lore Drakkis and pick up both spells. I can Turnabout to get my mana back, then Replicate again, Leave again, and mutate a second time to pick up all 3 spells. Badabing, badaboom, 4-card infinite with Lore Drakkis doing triple recursion duty. This requires returning things to hand and cloning, but Magosi returns to hand...

So if we could start by animating a Magosi, the Waterveil, we could make it a Lore Drakkis, which could both recur Chance for Glory and make it cloneable. Instead of untapping one Magosi, we'd have 2-3 on the board at a time, use one to skip the next turn, mutate onto the one with a counter already then activate to reset Drakkis and take an extra turn, and then the third would be both tapped and have summoning sickness. And this process would require a turn of setup in advance, but that's built in if we animate with Part the Waterveil. So that's just Magosi, Part the Waterveil, Lore Drakkis, Chance for Glory and Replication Technique... aaand it's 5 cards. But it's a really sweet 5-cards, that involves Parting the Waterveil on the actual Waterveil.
I would also be somewhat sceptical about adding a 3rd extra turn spell in the deck. Extra turn spells are loathed by everyone and I am not sure we want the deck to gain such a reputation. Nice interactions though....
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

jjjrrrgggnnn

Surley Archaeomancer (or Ardent Elementalist) + Strionic Resonator is going to get us somewhere?

Alternatively, could you guys do something freaky with my girl Vadrok, Apex of Thunder?

Sefir

jjjrrrgggnnn wrote:
1 year ago
Surley Archaeomancer (or Ardent Elementalist) + Strionic Resonator is going to get us somewhere?
Into 5c combos at best, at least with the current suggestions. Archaeomancer+Resonator= Scholar of the Ages. Scholar provides 4c combo, Archaeo (et al) + Resonator is 5c combos.
Sliver Queen Enchantress
Thraximundar Zomblins
The Omenkeel Vehicles
Hans Eriksson Smash

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Sefir wrote:
1 year ago
I would also be somewhat sceptical about adding a 3rd extra turn spell in the deck. Extra turn spells are loathed by everyone and I am not sure we want the deck to gain such a reputation. Nice interactions though....
I would not do that. I would cut Temporal Mastery if I was adding Part the Waterveil, which to be fair is something I've considered in the past just to do funny things with big lands and Jeskai Ascendancy.
jjjrrrgggnnn wrote:
1 year ago

Alternatively, could you guys do something freaky with my girl Vadrok, Apex of Thunder?
Vadrok is sweet, but would require some significant rebuild because of the mana value limitation. I've thought that one through, and constantly bump my head into "leave // chance technically costs 6" or "catch // release technically costs 9" before ultimately giving up.

Funny enough, regular Archaeomancer is a touch unsafe right now because of Replication Technique and Turnabout. With one opponent who can't stop you by cloning their own stuff, you get infinite copies of all your permanents, which doesn't technically end the game deterministically, but it's still pretty iffy.

indemidelo

Post by indemidelo » 1 year ago

tstorm823 wrote:
1 year ago
Funny enough, regular Archaeomancer is a touch unsafe right now because of Replication Technique and Turnabout. With one opponent who can't stop you by cloning their own stuff, you get infinite copies of all your permanents, which doesn't technically end the game deterministically, but it's still pretty iffy.
Is the main deck somehow different from the primer list? I saw some buzz around cards like Replication Technique and Coveted Jewel and was wondering if I am missing an update.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”