5-color Sisay - fast, competitive, and full of superfriends

Theoric
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Theoric » 1 year ago

This deck may look slow and clunky but it's neither of those things. It fills the battlefield with more than a dozen legendary permanents by turn 4 or 5 unless disrupted (and usually does even through removal) and it throws tons of disruption your opponents' way.

It also has a cool theme that should appeal to fans of the Weatherlight Saga. It requires only two cards to combo off, Sisay, weatherlight captain and Jegantha the wellspring, and both are in the command zone (Jegantha is companion).

How it works:
Turns 1-3: cast mana dorks/rocks, and put Jegantha in hand or cast bloom tender, faeburrow elder, or timeless lotus.
Turns 2-4: cast Jegantha, bloom tender, faeburrow elder, or timeless lotus.
Turns 3-5: cast Sisay, tap Jegantha (or other mana generator) to bring out derevi, empyrial tactician (untap jegantha), tap jegantha to bring out Gideon, Martial Paragon (or a kiora planeswalker) (untap jegantha), bring out oath of teferi and use Gideon again to untap jegantha and bring out Teferi, Who Slows the Sunset (untap jegantha), bring out Samut, Voice of Dissent (untap Jegantha. Your creatures have haste now), tap Jegantha for Aminatou, the Fateshifter. Aminatou can flicker two permanents, so target Gideon twice for at least 4 more Jegantha activations (to bring out Sisay's Weatherlight Crew and Jodah, the Unifier). When you deal combat damage, use Derevi's untap ability on Jegantha to make mana and bring out Legacy Weapon and exile a few things with it.

I always end the turn with Jegantha/bloom/faeburrow/lotus untapped so I can respond to an opponent's spell by cheating something into play such as ertai resurrected or shalai, voice of plenty.
Sisay's Legacy

# The Captain

# Companion

Approximate Total Cost:

Last edited by Theoric 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Tags:

Theoric

Made some changes after Dominaria United got spoiled. Some of those cards are awesome in this deck: Ertai, Jodah, Timeless lotus, Plaza of heroes, Relic of Legends.

PrimevalCommander
Pronoun: he / him

Post by PrimevalCommander » 1 year ago

Based on your target play patterns and critical turn 4-5, it looks a bit like a cEDH style deck. Extremely powerful, but linear. How often does Sisay get removed enough to keep you down during a game?

Theoric

PrimevalCommander wrote:
1 year ago
Based on your target play patterns and critical turn 4-5, it looks a bit like a cEDH style deck. Extremely powerful, but linear. How often does Sisay get removed enough to keep you down during a game?
You could say it's like Cedh, but with a bunch of jank thrown in. I emphasize playing something fun, not winning outright with a combo, such as teferi who slows the sunset + the peregrine dynamo, which creates infinite life, infinite mana probably, and infinite creature and artifact untaps.

I don't care if Sisay gets removed. She's cheap to cast and she's not the target my opponents should be going for. It's the mana producers that you want to hit. That slows me down, but with all the untapping and a tutor commander, the deck recovers well. Plus the planeswalkers reach their ultimates really easily., especially with oath of teferi in play. I love using Kiora to put three 8/8 krakens on the field and killing three creatures.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”