Prossh: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Crazy Monkey » 3 years ago

This is not a Prossh, Skyraider of Kher deck, but it is a D&D reference.
Actually, this is a lands / partners with The Gitrog Monster and Borborygmos Enraged. The objective of the deck is to assemble both partners, at which point you can chain lands from your hand to draw cards and deal direct damage to your opponents. This means that it plays a lot of tutors (compared to most of my decks at least), and has some backup landfall synergies.

As a quick aside: I play Prossh, Skyraider of Kher as the commander instead of Lord Windgrace for two primary reasons: Prossh makes blockers to keep me alive while durdling around and Prossh can be a simple backup for dealing lethal damage. Lord Windgrace would work well with most of the rest of my gameplan, but would offer no protection nor a backup damage source.

Another quick aside: I have been given permission by my playgroup to play this as if the two real focuses of my deck had partner. I am nearly certain that this would be completely broken, and do not intend to ever do this.
Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

"Commander"

Actual Commanders

Approximate Total Cost:

The deck is fairly straightforward, it ramps up and tutors for The Gitrog Monster to start a card advantage engine. The frog dies a lot, so it needs some recursion to stick around. Eventually, I tutor for Borborygmos Enraged and from there either chain through all my lands if Abundance is in play or Dakmor Salvage is in hand. Otherwise, I run heavy on the land count so the odds of drawing another land are reasonably high. Finally, either return all the lands to my hand with Creeping Renaissance or to play with Splendid Reclamation.

I play some high risk/reward cards such as Overlaid Terrain. These serve several purposes, primarily to provide a method to sacrifice all my lands for a Praetor's Counsel so they can be discarded, but also as reasonable ramp. I run a relatively high number of mana rocks for that I can mitigate the risk if I play such a card early and it catches removal.

I include Glissa, the Traitor and artifact lands so that I can destroy all creatures with toughness 3 or less by repeatably discarding the artifact land and return it to my hand. If The Gitrog Monster is in play during this, I also draw that many cards. This is one way to refill my hand with lands to continue dealing damage.

The deck would probably benefit from more fetchlands and Fabled Passage. Tooth and Nail and Omnath, Locus of Rage are some possible inclusions, but the mana curve is rather high already.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Tags:

RowanKeltizar
Firemind

Post by RowanKeltizar » 3 years ago

Have you considered using Korvold, Fae-Cursed King as your commander? He works pretty well with the land strategy you are going for and can become a pretty solid wall. I think running more creatures in general will help with your blockers issues. Early mana dorks and utility creatures.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

Crazy Monkey
Arcane Themes

Post by Crazy Monkey » 3 years ago

I hadn't really consider him here. Korvold, Fae-Cursed King is a solid draw engine, and performs the role of a voltron threat as backup. If I swapped manarocks for manadorks to go more wide with blockers, that could work. The trade off would be creature removal compared to artifact removal.

My group has more creature board wipes than artifacts, so that will be my primary excuse. I do enjoy the non-sequitur nature of my commander for players who have not seen the deck before.
Commander Decks

Kemba | Kytheon | Talrand | Unesh | Teferi | Geth | primer Zada | Krenko | Torbran | Patron Orochi | Ghalta | Gargos | Medomai | The Count | Xenagos | Nikya | Jaheira, Artisan | Trostani | Athreos | Jarad | Ivy | Nin | Krark & Sakashima | Feather | Osgir | Gisela | Roon | Chulane | Sydri | Ertai | Mairsil | Vial & Malcolm | Prossh | Marath | Marisi | Syr Gwyn | Riku | Riku | Animar | Ghave | Tasigur | Muldrotha | Rayami | Zedruu | Yidris | Kynaios & Tiro | Saskia | Tymna & Kydele | Atraxa | Akiri & Silas | Sisay | Ur Dragon | Bridge | Horde | Najeela | Genju | Traxos

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”